DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Salutations

Hi everyone.  I've been lurking around the boards for a few months now and after finally finishing reading the series (I started them in February) and finishing my bios for my first two characters on the RP side, I was advised that the orgs can be a lot of fun, so I've decided to say hi to everyone and get things rolling towards joining the community.

I've sent in my email, and while I don't really understand what the difference between an algai and a novice is on a non-rp board, I think I'm a novice.  I wrote a much longer post in the New Members forum, so I'm not going to repeat all that here, but I did want to introduce myself.

I'm Quisalas, a new addict of Wheel of Time.  I've been roleplaying online for the better part of 12 years now, but haven't done a fan-fic structured RP before.  Although, even after reading all the stickies and information, I still don't know exactly what the orgs do.  Hopefully being able to peek around in the child boards will give me a better idea.

I look forward to getting to know you all. :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the White tower.  Orgs are more .. YOU instead of a character.  You post as yourself and just hop right in to conversations or start up your own.  Most everyone here is friendly and helpful if you ever have a question.

Welcome to the madhouse, and glad you could join us. :)

The difference between being an Algai or a Novice is what path you personally want to take. If you want to be an AS and join an Ajah, you go the Novice route. If you want to be a Warder and join a Discipline, then you take the path of an Algai. It really all comes down to your personal preference. And yes, you can be a woman and be a Warder. :) Someone has to keep Ata company. ;)

Welcome, Quisalas... :)

It's as Nae said... this is the community side, so it's about getting to know each other IRL and just hanging out and having fun.  The "Ajahs" and the "Disciplines" on this side are kind of used as a rank system and to help sort us in groups of similar interests.  You'll find some of the Ajahs are very close to their book counterparts, while others aren't so much.  It's a bit harder to have them exactly like the books when we're talking real life and not role play...   :)  It is encouraged that all new members visit all the Ajahs and the Warders, and you cannot aspire to an Ajah or Disc until Accepted/Manshima rank.  This way you get to know people and see where you fit in best.  You can remain a Novice or Algai forever if you like, too, but that means you cannot join an Ajah or Disc.

Some people (myself included) engage in a bit of silly role play on this side... meaning we may pretend to channel, may dress like book characters, carry a sword, etc.  Some dislike this and don't engage in it.  There are no set rules or anything, but it's usually common to follow the guidelines of rank if you do decide to silly role play.  This means you probably shouldn't channel as a Novice unless you want to be reprimanded... lol.  Again, it's not strict and you don't have to do it... just giving you some idea of what happens.

There's discussions on all types of stuff... there are places for just Spamming if you're in the mood... some Ajahs are stricter on frivilous posting, some very lenient (just need to check their guidelines)... so just jump on in!  :)

Silly is always fun. :)  And sometimes, so can being reprimanded.

Thanks for the explanations, that was about how I figured it kind of had to be, but I wanted to ask and make sure I wasn't getting it completely wrong.  It sounds like a lot of fun.  I was looking through the requirements for raising along with the other newbie information and it all looks easy enough to manage.  I think you'll all be seeing more of me.

Now, to see if those child boards are visible or if I have to be patient and continue reading old posts in the mean time.

Guest nephitess

Hey there!

welcome hun. As my warder said... the madhouse. LOL. We have a lot of fun around here so please feel free to join in anywhere. Follow what Jhae said because she summed it up very well.

once you see the child boards... please come visit the reds...we are nothing like the book reds. ;)

Pfft! Madhouse *scoffs*

When was the last time you guys all sat around drinking tea until 11:30pm eh? Because that's what we do over in the 'Chan.

When was the last time you went around and ripped off all of the do not remove stickers from your pillows and matresses?  Because for us in the 'Chan it was last Thursday.

When was the last time you all got nekkid under a full moon and danced a jig or filled your hot tub with jell-o and frolicked merrily?

No, seriously when was the last time you did? and can I have details?

erm,

gonna do it again?

JD,

'Chan

Well if you have a calendar with the phases of the moon on it, you'll know when the next full moon is supposed to be, and you can find out for yourself just what happens, can't you?

Thanks for the welcome, all.  I've found most things even tangentially related to Raeyn to be scary.  Which, of course, includes all of you whether you want it to or not!  So ha, there!

Also, highly recommended means high expectations!  I hope I manage to avoid disappointing . . .  :-\

Welcome to the World of Novicehood! This is where you start to see how absolutely crazy these novices are. Which only means you get crazier, each time you aspire.  ;) Aes Sedai are full-on nuts!!!

Jhae should be our official welcomer. You said all that I could have but want to stress to you that no matter who comes to welcome you and bribe you ... like I will at the end of this post, *lol* visiting each Ajah is the best idea. You may find both men and women in some Ajahs, in the White Tower. You will make many friends here so be prepared. *G*

Most of us are harmless, but for $10 bucks I'll send you the "watch out for that nut-job" list.

>>

<<

*lol*

Now, here is your mug o' minty tea, with some lovely light minted Muffins.

*offical hug*

Snugglebites! And Muffins!

I'm sold. :)

The acronyms will take some getting used to... FBW? full body wiggle?  Free bath water? (not used, I hope) Fuzzy Bunny Wrap?  Ohh! I know! Flirty Bikini-clad Warriors!  Why thank you, I shall cherish it always.

Although if it's Flirty Bikini-clad Warriors, I am now very curious about what the cherry and umbrella are for.

lol, thanks Cleo...  *blush*  :P

If I remember correctly, it's a Flamin' Bloody Warder... lol...  ;D

Ohh I guess I should offer the famous Blueberry Muffins from my Ajah...  :D    *tosses one and hopes she's not crushed*

bigbbmuffin.jpg

Eep!  That's a whole lot of muffin! I think you ladies will be bad for my trim girlish figure... that I like to pretend I have when I'm a novice.  Right. Yeah. ;)

I've noticed siggies with different colored sashes for the Kin.  What do those mean?

*hopes she didn't give anyone whiplash with that subject change* Jhae's red sash was staring at me while I replied.

Guest nephitess

GAHHHHHHHH can i please please!!!!    :-*

FBW is the official drink of the red ajah.. It means Flamin Bloody Warder. LOL

*snugglebites for good measure*

*smiles* Sashes are for my baby, the Kin, just like Jhae said. We're the drama-free zone of DM. :D

And you're all set up! :D Welcome to the Tower and enjoy! :D :D :D

Archived