spigots or caudrens  

114 members have voted

1. 1. spigots or caudrens

• spigots
    • caudrens
    • pie spoon
    • washer woman. shaped washer.

This poll is closed to new votes

A few months ago my 360 gave me the Red Ring of Death. I used the towel trick just recently and it brought it back, but I don't know if it will die on me agian.  :-\

The towel trick is where you wrap up the 360 in a thick towel and turn it on for an hour, take the towel off then let it rest, it should work fine after that.

I also want to know if any of you have ever used the towel trick before and what happened to your 360 after that.

• Community Administrator

is that kinda like the blue screen of death from windows 95/98?

No, the 3 red rings of death for the 360 ussually means Perma-Hardware failure. Aka, its not always a software failure causing it not to work right/crash.

Ok... I have had 3 xboxs go out on my with the red rings.  Well 2 and I am currently on number 3.  I bought the store warranty from Gamestop and it may have been the best investment I got with the xbox.  Anytime I want, I can take my old xbox in and get a new one. 

My understanding of the most common cause for the XBox 360's RRoD is a separation of the graphics card from the motherboard due to high heat and temperature fluctuations.

The best thing for keeping the system healthy may be a small fan blowing over the unit. I would suggest using a hand (while the system is running) to figure out which vents are intakes (cool) and which are exhaust (hot), to make sure you're not ending up setting up the fan to try to blow hot air back into exhaust vents.

Hmmm

I live in a VERY cold house though, and I check it every hour or so when I am gaming and it is not that hot. It gave me the Red Rings when I put it in an awkward position and tried to run it. It would start up Halo then freeze, it did that about five times THEN it gave me the red rings.

I didn't care about the warranty being thrown out the window if I took it apart and I did. Everything looked fine from the inside, my pops is good with machines and he said that he didn't see anything wrong.

I then did the 'towel trick' and it brought the 360 back to life. I don't know how long it will last though... :-\ 

They are both awesome in different ways.

I own a PS3, 360, PSP, DS, and a N64 and i am happy.  ;D

The 360 is shaped cooler also. I mean don't get me wrong it IS awesome to play PS1, PS2 and of course PS3 games on the PS3 but can you get Mass Effect, Halo, and Gears of War on there?

Didn't think so.  8)

The only downside to the 360 is the Red Rings and the noise, that is all.  ;)

Uncharted is a great game as well, so is Resistance but come on...where is Halo? Don't see it? Well then there is my point. Period. DOT.

I really think the PS3 is going to be better down the road.  

I keep hearing good things about that game, so I will probably pick it up... ummm... whenever I find a break in Xbox games.  Currently I am playing R6:2

Halo never did it for me.  I think I got too late and got owned all the time, which turns me off from games.  I tend to own or at least hold my own in COD4 and R6.

The 360 is shaped cooler also. I mean don't get me wrong it IS awesome to play PS1, PS2 and of course PS3 games on the PS3 but can you get Mass Effect, Halo, and Gears of War on there?

Didn't think so.  8)

Uncharted is a great game as well, so is Resistance but come on...where is Halo? Don't see it? Well then there is my point. Period. DOT.

Halo 3 = 360.

I thought that was fairly obvious?

I mean, wheres GTA1-3, FF1-12, Metal Gear Solid 1-3, Twisted Metal, ect on the 360? ;)

Plus, Half-Life 2 > Halo 1-3.

Didn't think so.  8)

Halo 3 = 360.

I thought that was fairly obvious?

I mean, wheres GTA1-3, FF1-12, Metal Gear Solid 1-3, Twisted Metal, ect on the 360? ;)

Plus, Half-Life 2 > Halo 1-3.

word

O o

|

_                                        The only thing actually good going for

360 is that it looks good and it has Halo, Mass Effect, Gears of War and well

that's it...i guess. -_-  Well that and promises of other good looking

exclusives is probably the only reason why I keep my 360.

The Live service kicks the PS3's ass.  It is easier to navigate and be social over Live.  Also... and I know people balk at this idea... achievements are genius.  I don't care about my gamerscore.... but I feel like I accomplish something when I get an achievement.  I play the game for fun.... yes.... but I may not go find all the gold skulls in Halo if I didn't get something for it.  It is not really adding to the plot of the game. 

Your reward, is a number that doesn't mean anything...

Dun know about you, but I'd perfer a reward, that adds to the game.

Kinda like in Uncharted Drakes Fortune, they have the standard 'achievements' or whatever you want to call em in the game, where you collect X this, Y of that, Kill X people, ect. But each one you get X number of points, and after you obtain Y number of points it unlocks things like, different gameplay modes, difficulties, EXTRA CONTENT like the makign of videos, ect. Those are actually a 'reward' versus some number.

OK SD, How about a 5.1 channel surround sound headphone/set with built in display?  The new Wireless Helmet from Xbox puts even the wii to shame.

Looks at date;

April, 1st 2008. hmmmmmmm

Yea, right thats about as real as Pamela Andersons Chest.

Archived