DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The DM History Question that Remains Unanswered

Dwynwen

All of the recent history lessons mentioned Mother's association with pudding.  Many of us have heard tales that included pudding or the pudding mines, but many of us do not know how the great Mother-pudding relationship began or how the pudding mines were formed.  If any of you oldbies wouldn't mind, we would love to hear this tale!  :)

Ummm... actually I think those were all crafted out of silly stories that mommy wrote herself. So we just kinda followed along. Most of us created caricatures of our characters ourselves.

So yeah.

As for the pudding mines, it involved mostly a bananaanananana, a relatively large ter'angreal and Callandor. Or Phoenix. Or someone along those lines.

Actually, nevermind, I'll let someone else answer this.

Mother has explained this before actually, if I do recall correctly, she was bored one day and started making pudding references in every single post she made, and it stuck.

But don't take my word for law, I'd rather hear it from her myself, especially now that I want to know if I'm right or not.

I wish I could remember where the actual pudding mine bit came from.  I know I remember writing a silly where I found them and was playing there (with Zania, I think!), and that Taeadra and I managed to be the first Novices to avoid getting their memories erased of their servitude in that delicious place.

Or something.

As it were, the idea was so hilarious that I think we all added our own bits and spins on it over the years :)

Yeah, there's no hilarious story behind it. I was just really, really bored one day and made tons of posts about pudding. Then I started working it into silly stories and everyone else copied it. 

Same with the mines, I needed some ridiculously overblown punishment to "threaten" the novices with, and came up with pudding mines. It's probably a Simpson's reference of some sort.

I think the best wacky pudding mine story comes from Dragon*Con. People used to bring me pudding there, and members of the Aiel Org would attempt to steal it from me.  When my husband used to run the trivia contests, he would occasionally work in a silly answer as one of the distractors on the multiple choice questions.  Once it was something about the "Kathana'pudding mines".  Some guy, who isn't a DMer, turned to me with a shocked expression and said "Pudding MINES???" I replied. "Of course. Where else does pudding come from?" I love it when the look of confusion turns to horror on someone's face.

I probably shouldn't say this, but many moons ago I didn't like pudding. Then one day Tiili, in true DM spirit, bought me pudding and I couldn't very well say no. Well, since then I've sort of liked it. It's all Mumsy's fault!

Also: yay pudding mines! =)

It's still pretty amusing to hear how it all started nonetheless.  I wonder why you chose pudding instead of, say, candy or cake.  *Ponders*

Pudding was one of the few edible things my dorm cafeteria served. I was waiting for it to open so I could go get some.

Even though Serinia does a much better job of running trivia, I have to admit missing Jimmy trivia.  I mean, remember the question about the true name of the Dark One?  And of course, everyone from DM looking at Empy and just grinning...

And, y'know, the amusing typos and misquotes... I do like correcting those mid-contest >_>

I miss Ben reading the questions, with his horribly mangled pronunciation. Seriously, is he even reading the same books we are?

Boopsy! We're reviving the Aiel Humor Contest. The Aiel will have details for us soon!

Archived