DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

lanfear

billoumm7

is lanfear really dead?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. is lanfear really dead?

• yes morine killed her in another would by destroying the ter'angeral.
    • yes no reason
    • no, if morine's alive so is lanfear
    • no, lanfear killed morine
    • no, she is just trapped in the world of dreams

Yes, well she is. Sorry champ its confirmed in Winter's Heart. The decline in strength most probably results from her being severed from the True Source when she fell therough the exploding ter'angreal and healed by a woman, but irrespective she is Lanfear.

Guest Dreadlord

Lanfear dropped the angreal she was using when Moiraine tackled her, did she not? That technically would have burnt her out, and although it hasnt been confirmed in the books I think that is the reason why Cyndane is weaker than she was as Lanfear.

Also, Siuan and Leanne are weaker than they were, they notice it. However, Logain is as strong as he was-we would have heard otherwise. So, from this I get that someone stilled/gentled must be Healed by someone of the opposite sex to regain their full strength. Having said that, many characters have been pushing limits with the power (namely Nynaeve and Flynn in mind here, who both discovered Healing being gentled/stilled seperately AND found a new weave of regular Healing using all 5 powers) so it would not surprise me if another weave was discovered that allowed a channeller to restore full strength to someone of the same sex

She could feel it. That much of saidar being drawn to one spot was a beacon that any woman in the world who could channel would feel and locate. So he had found a woman to use the other access key. She would have faced the Great Lord-faced the Creator!-with him. She would have shared the power with him, let him rule the world at her side. And he had spurned her love, spurned her!

-Winter's Heart, Chapter 35: With the Choedan Kal

Boom. Doesn't get much clearer then that.

Lanfear dropped the angreal she was using when Moiraine tackled her, did she not? That technically would have burnt her out, and although it hasnt been confirmed in the books I think that is the reason why Cyndane is weaker than she was as Lanfear.

She didn't, it was clawed between them. But honestly, with everything that was going on--them fighting with an angreal involved whilst being transported transdimensionally into a world with different physical laws by a ter'angreal that overloaded and was destroyed--it seems almost impossible that they were not Burned out. Cyndane subsequently dies, was transmigrated, was healed by a Black Rebel--she decreased in strength to the same degree as Suian and Leane.... The end.

Also, Siuan and Leanne are weaker than they were, they notice it. However, Logain is as strong as he was-we would have heard otherwise. So, from this I get that someone stilled/gentled must be Healed by someone of the opposite sex to regain their full strength. Having said that, many characters have been pushing limits with the power (namely Nynaeve and Flynn in mind here, who both discovered Healing being gentled/stilled seperately AND found a new weave of regular Healing using all 5 powers) so it would not surprise me if another weave was discovered that allowed a channeller to restore full strength to someone of the same sex

Unfortunately, that is not going to happen. RJ has stated that if a person is healed by someone of the same sex their strength will be decreased.

Guest Dreadlord

Yes I know, if you read properly you will see that I already mentioned that. I didn't say it would happen. What I was saying is that I wouldn't be surprised if it did

I agree, RJ said it wouldn't happen and to be honest, i think he had (and BS now has) so many threads to pull together that throwing us off the scent on something like this is likely to have been somewhere near the top of his 'things i'm certainly not going to do' list.

In actual fact, Nynaeve didnt discover how to heal Stilling, and Flinn didnt discover how to heal Gentling - Nynaeve discovered how to heal Logain, and Flinn discovered how to heal... I forget who it was. They discovered how to heal the opposite, Nyn just took what she'd learned on Logain and applied it to Siuan and Leane but because of the differences, she couldnt restore Siuan and Leane to full status.

I can't wait for the uproar in the Little Tower when Siuan is restored to her full power. Sheriam, Romanda and Lelaine will be sitting tenderly for a long time, I think  ;D

Guest Dreadlord

I think you took what I said too literally. I will explain it better so you understand.

In the early books as a reader you get a pretty good idea of whats possible with the Power and whats not. Later on, those boundaries seem to be stretched, some even broken. My example was Nynaeve and Flynn, with Healing. What I meant was that I wouldn't be surprised if more of these boundaries were broken. Fair enough if RJ said it wouldn't happen it won't happen-what I said wasn't intended to mean that something would happen that RJ did not wish to happen (and I agree that if RJ said it wouldn't, then it shouldn't)-indeed, when I said it I didn't know RJ had written it off-but my original point is that discoveries are being made, the impossible now seems that little closer to reach.

One thing though, and I know this is going slightly off point, but Branden Sanderson said he would stick to RJs intentions for book 12 as much as he can. Now I don't know if Im reading between the lines here but I think there are some minor things BS is going to change. (If anyone replies to this as if Im saying BS will have someone Heal another of the same sex to full One Power strength I will hunt you down. That isn't what Im saying)

Archived