DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What did you do for your of age birthday!

heinrich

Hey everyone!

I haven't been around for a LONG while, so to get to know everyone i want to hear some exciting stories about your 18th birthday, or whenever you passed tbe legal drinking age of your country!(in canada the legal drinking age is 18, although there is plenty illegal drinking that goes on!)

My 18th birthday was a couple weeks ago, me and a bunch of friends went to teh Tijuana Yacht Club and got too drunk. It was a good night, drank lots of new drinks most exciting of which was a praire fire. This drink was terrible! tequila and tabasco in a shot glass, yum  :P

Then i stumbled into the restroom to get rid of a dozen or so drinks and was suprised by  a waiterlike gentleman who passed out soap, towels, and candy! This was entirely new to me and in my drunken state was the coolest thing ever!  :D

also attempted to dance... :o

It wasn't the greatest night ever, but it was the first legal one! ;)

so everyone regale me with a tale!

For my 18th, I went out with a group of friends from school for a meal in a restaurant in town. There were 3 of us who were celebrating birthdays within 3 days, and as we had all the same friends, we decided it would be best to do it  on one day.

As for my 21st, that was messy, but good fun...but you would expect that if you went out with rugby players...

Managed to spend my 18th Birthday in two different countries. 1st, Vancouver over in Canada, where i'd just finished an expedition. Naturally the 5 other guys i went on expedition with opened up with "Happy Birthday" just as we were going through security - and half the queue went and damned well joined in - even the security guards!

Then, (several hours later) back in the UK, i was staying at an Aunt's house (cousin got married the next day) whereupon we did the whole "opening of the presents" ( :D) and thereupon one of my cousins (25) decided to take me out for a nights drinking.

Considering this was just after Gloucester and the SW got hit by those bad floods last summer (even the coffeeshops were all closed) we found a bar underneath an old church that was open (and full of students) and began making huge dents in the 14% bright orange Cyder from Cheddar. When we eventually left (i think it was around 3am) i then proceeded to sleep before being rudely awakened at 7am the next day for the wedding - where i was supposed to be operating on best behaviour as an usher, despite jet lag, hangover etc.

Still, i reckon it was more epic than most  ;D

I'd just started university about a month before my 18th, so I just had a huge party in the Students' Union. Was a great night... what I recall of it.  :P My 21st was a quieter affair. My best pal threw a surprise party for me at their flat and invited all our closest friends. It was one of those "let's get drunk and play Twister" nights lol.

*tries really hard to remember her 21st birthday*  It was so long ago.  ;)

I remember taking a nap the day before so I could go out at midnight and get my first legal drink served to me.  At that time I worked for my dad so he gave me $$ to go buy a six pack and I got to drink at work.  Then I ended up going out with friends and getting totally shnookered at Boston Billiard Club.  :-X

Guest Uasal Arach

Oh God to be 18 again lol.... then again... nevermind lol.

My first drunk. Yup at 18 I got drunk for the first time. I was living in Scotland at the time and after graduation my class went on a Senior Trip to Majora, Spain. What a blast! We were there for 1 week and had soooo much fun. The first night we were there my friends decided to introduce me to the "screw driver", vodka and orange juice. To this day I get violently sick at even the smell of it lol. Next we went to a local bar. Had about 5 different mixed drinks. From there we went to the Hard Rock Cafe. There I tasted some kind of schnops and that was all she wrote. I told every one I was goin back to the hotel. When I got there I forgot all about my friend and his girlfriend being in the room. I was locked out. lol So I sat down in the hallway snuggled up to the small waistbasket, just in case, and slept away. One of the girls with found me and just about had to drag me to her room so I could sleep lol.

Yes... I do remember everything. No I didn't toss my cookies, despite doing all that drinkin on an empty stomach. But... I didn't get out of bed until two days later lol.

The only bad thing about this is that my mom was a chaperone. She was not please in the least.

my 18th?? ummmm... lets see... that was 2 years ago??? oh yeah.. I played softball :| I'm pretty sure that's about it... After it i went to my grandmother's and opened gifts... not a big deal... my 21st??? ummm.... i can't see into the future.. so i'm not sure... but i'll tell you in a little over a year ;D btw... I still haven't gotten drunk :P lol

Lets see, for my 18th B-day my friends and I went out to eat and then home for cake and ice cream. And yes, I did actually have ice cream that day despite the fact that I'm not supposed to eat it :(

And, being that I live in the US, I cannot legally drink and have never had anything alcoholic.  However, I'm thinking that something just might happen while I'm at college....who knows....all my high school friends keep informing me that I've lived a very sheltered life and need to get out more, which means college is gonna be a huge wakeup call, lol!

Lets see, I live in the states, so it was my 21st b-day, and it happened fo fall on the Saturday of Martin Luther King day (3 day weekend with monday off). So I had a bunch of friends up for the weekend and went to the bar at midnight on friday after drinking 2 kegs earlier that day at my place (luckily the bar was literally next door to the house).  After recooperating for most of the next day, went downtown to the little strip of bars and dont remember much after that.  Sunday just chilled out and went and had a few beers at the bar next door again. 

If you have never drank before your legal drinking birthday, be careful when you do.  Sickness and bad times can creep up on ya quickly.  They just showed on the news yesterday that a girl that hadnt really ever drank before her 21st birthday went out and got wasted with friends and ended up dying.  Especially be wary of hard liquer, ive been really bad off after drnking that stuff which is why I dont drink it anymore.

Yeah - good point. I've been around alcohol for a long time. My parents used to be members of a Wine Tasting, Making and Showing group where we used to live, and I went along to their meeting every month (well, it was cheaper than a babysitter  ;D). My parents allowed me to taste the win, and have some at important family meals. While I have been aware of the dangers of too much alcohol, it still doesn't stop me drinking too much every now and then. But I am very thankful to my parents for educating me before I reached 18 and was legally able to buy alcohol. Though that didn't stop me from buying underage!  ;D

Well I am actually not a drinker.  I had partied with friends 2 times before I turned 21, unable to get drunk either time (Freakishly high tolerance).  For my 21st I worked.  Now my 22nd, I went to my usual spot and made the announcement that I wasn't driving(Meaning I was drinking).  Well the place was packed with people I knew, who knew I didn't drink.  Needless to say about 35 drinks later (Birthday style=double the normal alchohol  :o ) I actually had a buzz going on.  Then we drove to another bar....that was when I felt it....lol.  I still ran the rack on the pool table like three games in a row.  ;D

That is the only time I have been intoxicated. 

oh!

...and the next morning i woke up on the kitchen floor!

i was quite confused about my location!

it wasn't as bad as one time last summer when i woke up in a strange gazebo at seven in the morning. My last memory was on a beach! :o

...and 35 drinks, very impressive. i definitely would not have any chance at a game of pool. Not that i am much good sober. :P

I've had one interesting place where I've slept after a heavy night! I was found curled up next to and hugging the fridge, while my friend was under the table.  8)

Then there was my rugby club initiation. I had vague memories of what had happened when I went to sleep, but when I woke up the next morning, evidence suggested otherwise!  ;D

Archived