DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Joker is Dead

Segurant

Heath Ledger was found dead in his NY apartment.  More news to come.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080122/ap_en_ce/obit_ledger;_ylt=AmTGj.dWj1AVY.9zMrLiXiNxFb8C

NEW YORK - Heath Ledger was found dead Tuesday at a downtown Manhattan residence in a possible drug-related death, police said. He was 28. NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said Ledger had an appointment for a massage at the Manhattan apartment believed to be his home. The housekeeper who went to let Ledger know the masseuse was there found him dead at 3:26 p.m.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Australian-born actor was an Oscar nominee for his role in "Brokeback Mountain" and has numerous other screen credits.

You know, this is one of the only celebrities that I actually feel horrible about.  Firstly, if he was a mess, it wasn't widely known and secondly he looks almost exactly like a boy I was crazy about in High School.  Everytime I saw a movie of his, I always remembered my first true love romance.  Plus I didn't realize he was younger than me by a year.  I thought he was older by a year or two.

Suckage.

He was an arrogant wanker with everything to live for. He had a daughter, dating supermodels, and the Yanks thought he had talent. And he does sh*t like that. Bugger him I say, I wont be mourning him.

How can you explain it to his daughter, how would his family be feeling? They, like the rest of the world will be asking why? Man, thoughts go out to his family for sure, it would be tough for them.

I told myself this had to be a joke at first, now I'm just bummed.

Assuming they're going to make more movies in the Batman Begins series (which would be awesome), and assuming the Joker character won't disappear (which would preserve awesome)... sequel recasts suck. Look at Dumbledore. (Not awesome.)

• Community Administrator

I told myself this had to be a joke at first, now I'm just bummed.

Assuming they're going to make more movies in the Batman Begins series (which would be awesome), and assuming the Joker character won't disappear (which would preserve awesome)... sequel recasts suck. Look at Dumbledore. (Not awesome.)

WAIT, they recast Dumbledore?! boooo ;)

but yea, whats with this rash of celebrity sucides?!

1-3 months ago, another semi-known actor bit the bullet...

John Travolta almost did till he found scientology...

I'm sensing an evil plot at work!!!

Scientology is kiling actors if they don't join em!!

/tinfoilhat

I agree that recasts always tend to not be as good as the original performer. I'm relieved that it's looking like his role as Joker has been finished; at least we'll get to see it for one movie. Looking at his IMDb page it was listed that he was also working on "The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus" but not what his role in the production of the movie was. It's looking like he was replaced as of...today.  :-\ Business is business even in Hollywood, I suppose.

Can't really say I feel sorry if he did indeed commit suicide.

this may make me a bad person...but the thing I'm most depressed about is that I won't see him play the Joker role in any movies but this first one, I really liked him in the role.

I mean, sorry to say it, but my friend said "hey did you hear ledger died?" and I didn't know who he was talking about till he said "the dude who is playing joker in the new batman movie".

Sir Ulrich Von Litchenstein from A Knight's Tale.  The son in the Patriot.  The rebel from 10 Things I Hate About You.  umm... and Brokeback. 

I am sure he is going to be great in Batman but I also liked him in a few other movies.  It shocked me because I was at the gym watching the news.  It was all about Obama vs. Hillary... and then all of a sudden they were like... Oh Heath Ledger died.... then it was on to Edwards.  I was like... Did I just see that for real or is my mind playing tricks on me.  This is right at the time they found the body (around 4pm).  I was like.. surely if he had died they would cover it a little more. 

• Community Administrator

Sir Ulrich Von Litchenstein from A Knight's Tale.  The son in the Patriot.  The rebel from 10 Things I Hate About You.  umm... and Brokeback. 

I am sure he is going to be great in Batman but I also liked him in a few other movies.  It shocked me because I was at the gym watching the news.  It was all about Obama vs. Hillary... and then all of a sudden they were like... Oh Heath Ledger died.... then it was on to Edwards.  I was like... Did I just see that for real or is my mind playing tricks on me.  This is right at the time they found the body (around 4pm).  I was like.. surely if he had died they would cover it a little more. 

He's apparently no anna nickole.

No, he's not.  He stayed pretty low on the radar.  I don't think we'll see that kind of media storm again until Brittney or Lindsey dies.  and God forbid they die together.  The media would be so excited journalists will probably start to explode.

Archived