DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Twinnie's Holiday Trivia Contest!

twinflower

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kelly's Home!!!!  *hugs and grins*  Good to see you here love!!! and being all wise and knowing..*nods*

See, I just knew eventually one of you would get to Holly Jolly!!  *laughs*  you had the snowman and Rudolf!!

Ok UPDATED to here folks!!

DON"T FORGET TO CHECK THROUGH ALL THE SETS OF QUESTIONS FOR ANY YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED!!!!

Is Frosty male or female?

male

In which Home Alone movie does Kevin prevent a toy story robbery?

Home Alone 3?

What "prince of pop" had the #1 song Christmas 1991?

Was Michael Jackson still prince of pop in '91?

In Ireland, what family member lights the family Christmas candle?

Dad?

Over the years, What word has the lettert X come to represent?

Christ or Cross

Who direted Katherine Hepburn in "Little Women":  cukor or Demille?

demille

In Miracle on 34th Street what did Kris and Fred tell Doris her problem was?

tried to google this, I came up with:

lack of imagination

not believing

or

not appreciating the intangibles in life

All guesses except the first...

What rock 'n' roll star, born Rich Pennimann, was born Christmas Day, 1935?

Good Golly! hubby told me, can I take it?

True or False?  at one time Christmas was celebrated on August 5th?

True

In "The Most Wonderful Day of the Year", what is Sue getting for Christmas?

A family?

Where were all the General's suits on opening night in  White Christmas?

dry cleaners?

LOL okey dokey ..well not quite on several of them Fae love!!

You forgot to give me name from the hubby for the rock 'n'roll star!!  And also wrong was Home Alone; the answer to the candle lighting in ireland; in who directed Little Woman; and what Sue got for Christmas!!

You did get correct, that Frosty was a male snowman, LOL, and that Michal Jackson was a pop star in '91, that the X is substituted for the word Christ in chrismas; and I'll give you the Miracle on 34th street...she was to realistic which can be a lack of imagination!

ok folks....let's see what you all can get!!!

updated to here!

Kissing under the mistletoe is a tradition that was revived by the English or the French?

I think I remember reading that this was the English

What M*A*S*H star portrayed Grace Bradley in The Best Christmas Pageant Ever?

Oh shoot, that almost has to be Hot Lips, but I can't think of her real name!

What Wizard of Oz star intoduced "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"?

Judy Garland

In the movie Babe, what gift do Farmer Hoggettt and his wife get thier son for Christmas?

just guessing...A Pig

Hey Sam!  Welcome to the Game!!

*grins*  okey dokey...

Sorry Fae..missed your answer last night about August 5th..but it was incorrect...*grins*  so Sor you do get the point!

The only incorrect answer from the above since the last update..is the guess about the question from the movie Babe!!  Well Done Everyone!!

Ok...there is still one question left in set 4; three questions in set 6; and two brand new sets..7 and 8!!

I will do a summury of points on Saturday or Sunday, depending on available time!!!

Ok...updated to here!  Good Luck Everyone!!!

According to the Gospels, what did Mary ride on her way to Bethlehem?

A donkey

What sidewalk gift popularized in California sold wildly and peaked at Christmas, 1965

Roller Skates?

What do Italians call the Infant Jesus: Petito or Bambino?

Petito

Who played his best for him, pa-rum pum pum pum?

*sings* "I played my best for him...." The Little Drummer Boy

What Illinois city annually presents Christmas trees from around the world in one of it's museums?

Chicago

What does Scrooge keep in his coalbox?

Money/gold?

In Ireland, what family member lights the family Christmas candle?

Grandfather?

Set 8:

A>Goat.

According to Irish traditions, what in the window guides the Holy Family to shelter on Christmas Eve?

A>Candle ?

What movie did Judy Garland play a xmas song in..

wiz of OZ

What type of religious residence is the setting of The Holly and the Ivy: rectory or convent?

A> Rectory

Set 7:

What sidewalk gift popularized in California sold wildly and peaked at Christmas, 1965

A> Wild quess here but the Stars on the walk of fame?? *hell if I konw*

What do Italians call the Infant Jesus: Petito or Bambino?

A> Bambino

Was Rudolph's reindeer friend named Freddie or Fireball in Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer?

A> Another guess Freddie

What is the famous Christmas story writtten by O.Henry?

A>Again guessing but commen sense is 'TWAS the NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS'

Set 6:

A> Coin

*chuckles*

Some of those answers are very creative!!!

Ok..folks..need to guess again about what Mary rode to Bethlehem, and what the popular gift inspired in California was!!  And..what was kept in a coal box?  *winks*  There were no Christmas songs in the Wizard of Oz!  Try another Judy movie!  THe Night Before CHristmas is a poem...we are looking for a Story written by O.Henry. 

So correct were:

Fae with The Little Drummer Boy; and indeed it is the museum in Chicago that has a display of CHristmas trees!!  Good Job toots!

Sor..*grins*  it is Fireball!!  Sorry Damane..sor got it first!

and entering the fun is our Lady MO!!  correct knowing that it is a candle in the window guiding the holy family!  and that it is in a rectory the Holly and Ivy took place, and that it is a Bambino that the Italians call the Christ child!

and..this question has been up over 24 hours..some good guesses but looks like I stumped y'all!!

In Ireland, what family member lights the family Christmas candle?  It is the Youngest member of the family!

Great Job everyone!!

I do apologize for not updating yesterday and getting here late today!!  Doggone Real life needed some attention!

Keep the guesses and knowledge coming!!

OK..there are four open sets...#9 is brand spanking new! #8 has four left; #7 has 3 and set #6 has 2!!!

Updated to here!!!

Set 9:

What is served for breakfast in Albania on Christmas Eve: pancakes or codfish? pancakes?

What special features a bear who tries to avoid hibernating so he can participate in Christmas? Yogi Bear's Christmas Special?

In what movie was "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" introduced? Meet Me In St. Louis

Set 8:

What Chrstimas song was introduced in the movie Meet Me in St. Louis? Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

In what European country does the action of The Nutcracker unfold? Russia?

Set 7:

What sidewalk gift popularized in California sold wildly and peaked at Christmas, 1965 got this from hubby, again. he thinks it was pet rocks.

What is the famous Christmas story writtten by O.Henry?

Gift of the Magi

Set 6:

coal?

Set 9:

Born on New Year's Eve, 1948, this leggy singer worked hard for her money. I wasn't gonna answer this one cuz hubby said I had it wrong, but when I looked it up, I wasn't wrong, so I'm goin for it!

Donna Summer

Set 8:

According to the Gospels, what did Mary ride on her way to Bethlehem? ok, I said donkey before, so when twinnie said no, I had to go looking and everything I can find says donkey. Maybe the game is looking for the answer of ass or mule?

Set 9:

What special features a bear who tries to avoid hibernating so he can participate in Christmas?

Ah, crap! I can see him sitting under the tree!

Set 8:

In what European country does the action of The Nutcracker unfold?

I always want to say France here.

What Chrstimas song was introduced in the movie Meet Me in St. Louis?

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

Set 7:

In what unseasonal film did Judy Garland sing "Merry Christmas"?/b]

Meet Me in St. Louis

Set 6:

In the movie Babe, what gift do Farmer Hoggettt and his wife get thier son for Christmas?

ummm... a pig?

LOL...

Fae I think we are going to have to give you are Trivia queen title!!

I think the easiest way to do this is to tell you what isn't correct yet!!

Need to guess again about the Bear who slept through Christmas!  as well as the country the Nutcracker took place!  Lor you didn't get it either! And the question about Mary and the Gospels..here is a hint...look for what ISN'T said in them!! 

Twinnie has stumped the gang on three more questions!! 

Not rollerskates or pet rocks or stars!  It is the SKATEBOARD!!!

In what unseasonal film did Judy Garland sing "Merry Christmas"?

Not Meet Me in St. Louis, but "In the Good Old Summertime". LOL  definitly unseasonal!

and finally:

umm..not a pig but a FAX MACHINE!!!

Lor you got one right!!  Judy did sing Merry Christmas in Meet me in St. Louis..BUT..Fae got the answer correct first!!

All the other's guessed were correct!!!

Just a note folks...we are having ice storms in Oklahoma City, and have since Saturday night!  Electicity is going on and off, more off than on!  ...and we are getting another blast of freezing rain right now!!  I expect to lose electriciy again today!  Sorry about not being able to be online more often to check answers and play... :(!  I will be here as much as the weather allows!!  *grins*  Keep playing though!!  I'll catch it up as soon as I can!!

Because of the possible absence I will post three new sets today!!

Updated to here!

Here are the point totals after the first week of the trivia challenge!!  The Purple Sashes are burning up the points!!  Then the Green's, then the Red's and the Blues?  yooohooooo!!!  Where are all our new Kinsters?  Grab, or we'll get the Poking Posse on the ride for them!!!

Blue Sashes:  0

Green Sashes:  9

~Sor:  7

~Sam:  2

Purple Sashes:  27

~Fae:  27

Red Sashes:  6

~Kelly:  3

~Mo:  3

~Lor:  0

And Twinnie gets 4 for stumping the Gang!!!

Fae has a big lead on everyone..but there are still 22 days left to play!!!  It's still anyone's prize!!  And I send GREAT happy mail if I do say so myself.....

Let's hear from y'all!!  Neph, Mmeeshal, Daruya, Taymist, Ursuala, Damane, Lews!!!  Jump on in folks!!!

How did Yukon Cornelius test for silver and gold?

he licked his pickaxe

What is wrong with the holly's berries?

They're poisonous?

How many drummers drum?

twelve

What carol contains the line "Come and behold him, born the King of angels"?

Oh Come, All Ye Faithful

What character is made of snow and wears a top hat?

Frosty the Snowman

a mule? Looking through my bible, it actually doesn't say...

Germany

A donkey/mule

What special features a bear who tries to avoid hibernating so he can participate in Christmas?

The Yogi the Bear Christmas special

Germany

Which of the three great "B's" wrote the Christmas Oratorio?

Bach

In what country does the gift bringer Christkind bring gifts, Syria or Switzerland?

Switzerland

What carol tells the story of a page who was kept from freezing by walking in his master's footprints?

Good King Wenceslas

What red or green fruit goes into the English holiday drink Lamb's Wool?

Apples

No two of these 1983-1985 most popular Christmas toys were exactly alike.

cabbage patch dolls?

On Christmas Day what is built in the center of the Syrian Church:  a bonfire or a manger scene?

bonfire

In what country does the gift bringer Christkind bring gifts, Syria or Switzerland?

Switzerland

What carol contains the line "Come and behold him, born the King of angels"?

Oh Come All Ye Faithful

What red or green fruit goes into the English holiday drink Lamb's Wool?

Apple

What crib scene does the "M" stand for in the song "C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S"?

the manger?

I looked up these 3, but I never could have gotten any of them on my own at all, so I'll wait and see if anyone else has ideas...

What carol tells the story of a page who was kept from freezing by walking in his master's footprints?

Who wrote the mystery "The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding?

In Santa Claus is Coming to Town, what Andy Hardy star provides the voice of Kris Kringle?Mickey Rooney

Switzerland

WOOHOO!!  I LOVE it when y'all get rolling on these!!  And doing so well!!  *grins*  Welcome to the game Zarine!  You did great for jumping in the first time!

Congratulations Sor!!  You got 100%!  LOL even on the trick question about Mary!!  According to the Gospels..it does not say!!  Well done hon!!

And Zarine, four of your answers were correct..sadly your answer to the Nutcracker was posted after Sor got it right so you won't get that point!  LOL and Yogi is not the Bear who Slept through Christmas!

Fae my darling Trivia Queen...*grins*  You only missed the Nutcracker..but Sor got it anyway..and sadly while you also knew that the answer was O Come all Ye Faithful and it is apples that is in the Lamb's stuff..Sor and Zarine posted first!!

Now.you just go on ahead and post ALL of your answers!!!  I didn't mean you could NOT use Google..just to try out the old brain circuits first!!  *grins*   Some of the questions are pretty tough..not found in normal conversation or from a different time period than we are familiar with!! 

Good Job everyone!!! 

There are four sets still open!  I will post new questions when we get any one of them complete!

Updated to here!!!

Archived