DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

"Real" ethnicity of the Aiel

callandor

Well, in two days is Día de los muertos (day of the dead) that is gonna be celbrated in mexico. in school i saw a video on it in spanish, and some guy said something intersting. he said something like this (in spanish) "We mexicans don't fear death- we welcome it" Thats not exactly what he said, but it is close enough. Now, the Aiel also "welcome death". that got me thinking... what if the aiel are redhaired mexicans!?!

feel free to agree. ;)

Throw in the Wqatusi in the Aiel's ethnic mix.

Of what ethnicity are "Wqatusi", if I may ask? And what country are they from?

I am curious as to why the few representations of Vikings I ever saw showed them as red-haired, blue-eyed sword-wielding warriors, and in most cases, much taller than your average man. I often see something of Vikings in the Aiel (physical appearance only).

How many Mexicans are about 2m or in the 6'6'' range in height? As I understand it, most of the Aiel--I mean the men--are at least that tall. And the women somewhere around 5'7'' or 1.70m. And the Aiel actually have a pale/fair complexion, it's just that they tan very well ;)

correct I meant Watusi (Tutsi to be PC).

And that crack about lazy was rawcist TurboZ so cool it.

It's called a joke, so don't get your undies in a wad.

Rascist jokes are ok here?

;)

If you truly consider that racist, then I sincerely appologize and will watch my posting from now on. However bringing up a post that mentions race of any kind could be racist.

when you refer to a group as lazy without a smily or other indication that you are joking people (who do not knoe you) will presume you are being serious.

Whoops. I knew I was forgetting something  ;D, I really do always forget the smilies.

I am curious as to why the few representations of Vikings I ever saw showed them as red-haired, blue-eyed sword-wielding warriors, and in most cases, much taller than your average man

Ironically, I remember reading somewhere that they did a study on "Are Norsemen taller than their contempararies?" so they did a bunch of cemetary studies where they exhumed bodys from 8th and 9th century cemetary (height of the Viking era) and they found that the average height was only around 5'7"/5'8".  Which while fairly good for that era is hardly of giant stature.

Archived