DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Where the heck is Demandred?

Dunedain Fal

No one actually commented on Kadere's belief about King Roedran of Murandy being Demandred (p.1) so I will wahey, it seems quite possible and also as a lot of military forces are in the vicinity it would be a great location. I think Luckers or RAW can provide a link to a large discussion on this somewhere in the delves of the forum - sorry to throw this at you guys but I bet either one of you could find it before I can  ;)

No one actually commented on Kadere's belief about King Roedran of Murandy being Demandred (p.1) so I will wahey, it seems quite possible and also as a lot of military forces are in the vicinity it would be a great location. I think Luckers or RAW can provide a link to a large discussion on this somewhere in the delves of the forum - sorry to throw this at you guys but I bet either one of you could find it before I can  ;)

Ofcourse he _could_ be roedran, but.. ;)

Dem was one "superforsaken" the do´s top choosen. For him to settle for a small country, that he haveto unify first, just doesent seem right. Seems like he could have done better.

//dyring

While it is possible Demandred might be Rhoedran, I don't really believe in it. Demandred being the super-general of the shadow should be in command of their armed forces, and as such not settle down.

I find it more likely that we see an example of Sammaels comment that Demandred likes to use proxies, and that he has Rhoedran under his thumb. While Demandred himself is working off-screen.

Hmm I'm not against the Roedran being Demandred's puppet idea, like how Sammael used the King of Illian as a puppet, though different in the fact that Sammael remained in Illian. But if Demandred isn't remaining in Murandy uniting the factions and preparing for attack then where is he. I can't really see him anywhere but the Blight and even that seems a tad pointless for one of the Chosen.

Hmm I'm not against the Roedran being Demandred's puppet idea, like how Sammael used the King of Illian as a puppet, though different in the fact that Sammael remained in Illian. But if Demandred isn't remaining in Murandy uniting the factions and preparing for attack then where is he. I can't really see him anywhere but the Blight and even that seems a tad pointless for one of the Chosen.

I like the idea of Demandred having many puppets scattered all over like Roedran, Taim and Ashawa with the CoL.  That puts him in more of a position of a grand puppet master from the beginning of the WoT.  Only exceeded recently by Ishy/Mordin.  It also explains several comments made about him.

But surely he has to 'live' somewhere... he is an entity, not just a disembodied soul, and to control events he must meet with people every now and again - presumably these people know who he is but WHERE is he? Does he have a nice little cottage with views over Shayol Ghul?

And, according to Jordan, we have not seen Demy's alter ego yet.

Roedran is mentioned, but not met yet, so ...

We see Demandred periodically from LoC onward as himself.  What RJ said thus implies that he does in fact have an alter ego in the Third Age.  He might or might not be controlling Roedran, but I don't think he could get away with pretending to be a specific King.

Let the Lord of Chaos rule...

Well since we have not seen his altered ego, I think that we have only two possibilities.

1.    He is posing as W. Bush or Putin on the Isle of Madmen. :o :o

or

2.    He is posing as a "Belly Faced Guy" from across the Waste. :-X :-X

It is obvious!

Just try and prove me wrong!

I think the Isle of Madmen has more influence than Mayenne. He's posing there (aka America) as Bush

Thats not true.  ::)  If that were the case, the Aelfinn's answer to Rand's question about how to win Tarmon Gai'don would have been:

"Just open a gateway to the Isle of Madmen and tell them that the Dark One hired all those Trollocs to take away their guns.  Then pull up a chair."

Archived