DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Jahar Narishma

Ilyena

What's up with the Jahar will follow in Rand's shoes? i remeber taim telling Rand that Narishma had the spark, the first to be found with it. Rand also picks Narishma to go get Callandor for him from the stone. He's also been bonded by Aes Sedai (like Rand has), and is one of the few trusted ashaman.

What role does everyone think he'll play?

what do you mean, the way he let himself be treated? he stood up to his aes sedai and ranted about his fallen warder who was also an ashaman but be wasn't being muley and rebellious for just the sake of doing it, it would have made him appear childish. so he helped the rebels with their weave to detect saidin.

No self respect? Romanda noted that he was in the presence of 13 sisters (not counting Merise) with hundreds more waiting in the wings, and he wasn't afraid. He was stronger then any three combined, maybe four, but any thirteen could overpower him. Frankly, he scared the bejesus out of the Aes Sedai. He is an the strongest Asha'man who is loyal to Rand above all, I think Logain is more loyal to the BT and Taim is loyal to Rand at all.

Narshima has also been by Rand's side since the Well's he wasn't sent to be Rand's scouts in Altara. He has fought Aiel, Trollocs, Seachan, and even Forsaken. And he used Calladar. And he is one of the best fighters in the non-channling area among the Asha'man, he practices that almost as hard as Rand.

Ahh.... we come to my favorite character.

The bad boy, the chosen second one, the prodigal son.

I first thought that "follow after" would mean the below:

As Rand battles the DO with the sa'angreal from Cairhien, Jahar ran up the tunnel to help with Callandor, just enough to tip the scales toward light. During the blast, wounding Rand Al Thor, Jahar sweeps up a falling Rand and makes a gateway to saftey as Shayol Ghul explodes like Mt. Doom.

I'm sure that's what most people thought, until I saw it was HE of all the Asha'man who approached the Aes Sedai- the good Aes Sedai- first.

He will be seen as someone "who understands Aes Sedai- after all, he is bonded to Merise", and the first great gap bridger.

I now believe that while he may be the one to save Rand at the End, after the End he will be the new leader of the remnants of the Aes Sedai and the Asha'man.

In this, he follows after.

Guest Lord Captain Valda

Jahar Narishma is personally one of my favorite characters. I think he will take up the battle when (Oh I know we don't want it but it will happen) Rand dies in the last battle. Rand will almost lock the DO back up but the DO will kill him first. I think Narishma will then finish the seal.

Perhaps because he knows he's deserving. Not that his is arrogance' date=' exactly. it's like when you wait and wait and wait for your pacycheck. When you get it, it's not like "Yay, paycheck!" It's like "About damn time"[/quote']

That also touches on one of my personal ideas (though many others have said similar stuff) that the Asha'man have the RIGHT to be treated as the equals of AS. Now that thew taint is gone there is no reason why the men can't expect a little respect from the women.

Part of the reson I think the AM will replace the order of AS (so the men and women will be AM) is because ancient law and traditon stronger then law prevents men from joining the AS. The Flame of Tar Valon, mordern symbol of AS, comepletly cut the men out of the equation. Put the AM symbol is the anicient symbol of the AS.

Yeah, 'follow after' leaves a lot of room. It could mean anything.

He is a bit of a background character and seems like a walk on part in star trek. It's not a matter of if he will die but more how long he will last.

Logain is the one destined for glory remember.

Yeah' date=' 'follow after' leaves a lot of room. It could mean anything.

He is a bit of a background character and seems like a walk on part in star trek. It's not a matter of if he will die but more how long he will last.

Logain is the one destined for glory remember.[/quote']

Narishma=red shirt ensign...lol.

Seriously, though, I really like him as well. I think he's been given a more significant role than Star Trek walkon, what with getting Callandor and being mentioned specifically more than most Asha-man.

Has Min ever viewed him? can't remember. I hope good things are in the future for him; I'll be a little sad if he just bites it.

J

• 3 weeks later...

Logain is destined for glory but probably as the leader of the black tower. I'm going with the theme of Narishma as an eventual bridge between AS and AM. No real proof for it beyond the 'follow after' thing and being so adament about telling the Salidar AS about Daigian and Eban, but thats my hope anyway. I do not believe he will die. RJ has given him the wrong kind of back story for that. And yes it would have been much cooler if Logain would have been sent to the salidar AS but Narsh did alright. He is just young and pissed off and who wouldn't be with all those haters in the room? Besides he can't defeat the whole room, but he can show them he isn't afraid. They are rude in their assumption of superiority so i see no reason for him to be polite.

Even better when they see him again uncowed and extremely dangerous. That said it wouldn't work because he has red AS bonded to him. Not the best way to break the ice. I just mean he would be a good pick if not for that because he has a presence about him. Think of his trip to the Sea Folk. Poised? yes. Slightyly arrogant? yes. Got the job done? yes.

it all about perception.

logain back would bring up memeories of Aes Sedai killed, dragonsworn and war. not to mention him crying and begging to die.

besides, rand doesnt trust logain as much as he trusts narishma....

also, JN doesnt have a history with AS, so there is no bad blood, only the 'fear' of the unknown

I would honestly kind of see this as a good thing though. Remind them what has changed. Before Logain was a problem that had to be dealt with and ended up crying and begging. Now he is healed, strong, and legitified in teaching the stong and arrogant a lesson in humility. For example the reds. And Rand should trust him. Despite that Logain is still kind of a prick we have seen that he is confident and collected authority figure. He doesn't treat his men, Rand, or the aes sedia like crap but he doesn't let them get away unchallenged or with bs either.

I guess our difference lies in the fact that i think Rand is being too flexible with the Salidar AS. Last battle or not its time to demonstrate your strength. Am i glad the Salidar AS can bond AM? Yes, once they figure out they can't compel them. But at the same time i want (I don't think rj wants or plans) Rand to put Salidar and Egwene in their place just like Taim did with the reds and Rand did to the AS at Dumai Wells. Or better yet i just wished rj wouldn't have every female in his otherwise perfect series be on a power trip. A little payoff for all the female's characters bs i've had to read about for 11 books would be nice. Like mat and the Joline in KOD.

a 'lesson in humility' is not the way to get AS onside

which, in case you missed it, was the whole point of the excercise

btw. if its stong male characters and meek women you're after, stick to the lord of the rings, and basically anything written pre-1900s

the illiad is a good one if you want women to 'pay' for their independence

get a grip

a 'lesson in humility' is not the way to get AS onside

which' date=' in case you missed it, was the whole point of the excercise

btw. if its stong male characters and meek women you're after, stick to the lord of the rings, and basically anything written pre-1900s

the illiad is a good one if you want women to 'pay' for their independence

get a grip[/quote']

Yeah, caus Eowyn was wicked "meek". Arwen, too, what with saving Frodo from all nine nazgul.

Also, one can object to the way females act in WoT without objecting to strong women. Sometimes, they're just mean, and ill informed all at the same time. The men in the books avoid angering the women, and the women look for things to be angry about. That's not the way real relationships should work.

J

Damn you all, Arwen did no such thing! Hollywood decided it'd look cooler if she did, I suppose, and didn't want to introduce that white prince guy, Glorfindel or Fingolfin or soemthing, since that's his only appearance in the books. In J R R Tolkien's book, the Lord of the Rings, Arwen does NOT save Frodo from all nine Nazgul. An elven prince does. I can't quite remember his name.

Damn you all' date=' Arwen did no such thing! Hollywood decided it'd look cooler if she did, I suppose, and didn't want to introduce that white prince guy, Glorfindel or Fingolfin or soemthing, since that's his only appearance in the books. In J R R Tolkien's book, the Lord of the Rings, Arwen does NOT save Frodo from all nine Nazgul. An elven prince does. I can't quite remember his name.[/quote']

You're right. It was Glorfindel. Glorfindel appeared several times throughout the series, though. He's the guy who predicted that "not by the hand of man shall he fall" at the battle of Angmar, and paved the way for Eowyn to kill the witch king.

Arwen did help the rangers find aragorn though, and get him his banner and the reforged sword.

Fingolfin was one of the Noldorin lords out of the Silmarillion who took part in the kinslaying with Feanor and galadriel and co. I think he may have actually been the one who was against it.

Anyway, yeah, I feel pretty stupid screwing up on the Arwen thing like I did.

J

Archived