DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What are you watching?

Emperor

So I just checked out Balls of Fury as it was on HBO on Demand and the wife was late getting home as usual.  So I blame her for me watching this.

Ummm... it wasn't good.  Let's go that way.  I didn't even finish watching it.   

So coming up next for Empy:

The Orphanage - someone here reviewed it and said it was awesome.  I trust you guys... sort of... and taking a chance on a movie I know little about.

Vantage Point - I question the goodness of this movie but all the cool kids are watching it so I wanted to check it out too.

Lars and the Real Girl - Continuing my quest to watch all the movies on people's Tops of 2007 lists.  This is one of those that has shown up a few times so I had to check it out.

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Emp - you shouldn't be disappointed with Lars. I randomly rented it from iTunes, and was surprisingly pleased.

I've suspended my Netflix account while I am officially homeless, so I'm watching a lot of reruns of CSI on Spike. Also, some Mythbusters. And What Not to Wear. And the Prison Break season 4 premiere (it wasn't bad, but I'm mostly there for Mike Scofield). Also, A New Hope was on last night.

And I bought Secretary, which makes me happy, in an appropriately twisted way. ^_^

I've finished season 1 of Mad Men and I thought it was pretty good. Has season 2 started yet?

I also caught the season premiere of Prison Break. I'm finding it a bit annoying how they're always killing off characters, and how predictable the twists are. I keep watching it for Linc... I mean the hot chick.

I'm also watching a documentary series called Ross Kemp in Afghanistan. Ross Kemp (from East Enders apparently) join the British Royal Anglians in the south of Afghanistan. He's there with the soldiers on the front lines and there are some scenes with pretty heavy fighting. I'm mainly watching this because I'm not getting much info on the conflict from the local media.

Watched "The Ruins" The other night and I gotta say it was just sad. Imma spoil it for everyone and say the killer is.........wait for it............ a plant. Yea, that's right - a plant. A blood thirsty vine that is one step above a killer tomato. All the death and gore is caused by the characters own stupidity and at no time do they ever attepmt to set the plant on fire. SMH Rent it. Watch it. Mourn the loss of 90 minutes of your life. I dunno about the rest of you, but I'm pretty sure that we didn't conquer the planet and put nature in peril 'cause we get killed by plants.

Just wait till you read the book...  Actually, don't, I'm teasing.  The book isn't any better, except the plant is acidic to the point of well, something awful.  The plant is a bit more inventive too, but the story is just as lame.

It was based on a book?! I thought they just made it up as they went along. I'm a Horror genre nut, both books and movies, but all this new stuff is so bad. I think the last good one I saw was "The Mist" and that was Stephen King, so it doesn't count.

Well, as is evident from my sig and avatar, I am a fan of anime.

Now, I'm not talking about Dragonball Z and the other mainstream anime shows that the U.S has picked up and translated to air, cutting out all the good stuff... I am talking about the actual Japanese versions, and other animes they are yet to dub. I speak Japanese though, so I don't have to care lol

Now then... I am currently watching an anime series from Japan called Vampire Knight. I got hooked on it a while back and snagged all the episodes online... sadly... I have to wait until the 2nd season airs in Japan in October... So I figure I'll catch the season opener while I am in Okinawa in October  ;D

Those of you who like anime, I suggest you check it Vampire Knight. The drawing and coloring is excellent.

I'm on the Highlander series in my Netflix queue with several other TV series lined up, discs alternating with my anime lineup, which is currently on Blue Gender.

I also have the first 150 (seriously?!) episodes or so of Naruto on my computer to look into at some point. It's got a big following, so it must be pretty fun. After that I really want to get around to seeing Ghost in the Shell SAC and 2nd Gig, which I also have on the computer. The movie was pretty awesome.

It takes a while to recode the downloaded anime video files so they'll play on my PS3/TV, though, instead of having to use the computer to watch them and therefore not being able to play my games at the same time. Ha ha ha. ;D

Well, as is evident from my sig and avatar, I am a fan of anime.

Now, I'm not talking about Dragonball Z and the other mainstream anime shows that the U.S has picked up and translated to air, cutting out all the good stuff... I am talking about the actual Japanese versions, and other animes they are yet to dub. I speak Japanese though, so I don't have to care lol

Now then... I am currently watching an anime series from Japan called Vampire Knight. I got hooked on it a while back and snagged all the episodes online... sadly... I have to wait until the 2nd season airs in Japan in October... So I figure I'll catch the season opener while I am in Okinawa in October  ;D

Those of you who like anime, I suggest you check it Vampire Knight. The drawing and coloring is excellent.

You should come to Nan Desu Con this month.

We have started watching National Geographic's line of DVD's of their programs.  Next on the list is UFO's Seeing is Believing.  I'm sure there will be a bigfoot one soon.  Also, we have There Will Be Blood coming up soon.  In Denver our on demand lineup changes the first and third friday of the month, so we'll have to comb that for the good stuff.

Shendare, is blue gender kind of like a dungeon crawler-esqe anime about some kind of infection?  It sounds familiar but I can't place it. 

Oh and has anyone else seen the live action Death Note films?

Blue Gender is a not-too-distant future post-apocalyptic series about car-sized insectoid aliens (the "Blue") invading the Earth, and a military unit's struggle to recover high-priority cryo-sleeping innocents and return with their lives to an orbiting space station called Second Earth.

Unfortunately, because the Blue are so populous and aggressive, and mankind's resources are stretched thin, many people have been left behind on the Earth to their doom, and the main cryo-awakened character and the military unit that rescued him have to deal with their orders not to try to save any of them, for the aforementioned reasons.

It's interesting as something to watch while I'm doing other stuff, which tends to be all the time. Heh heh.

• Community Administrator

Naruto isn't 'great' but its not 'horrible' either...

If your like me, and get semi-pulled into a movie/series, watch alot of episodes before it starts 'going belly up', I still watch it to the end just becuase I want to see the damned thing end!

That said, your best bet with naruto, is to figure out which episodes are the filler episodes, filler 'seasons', (yes, they have entire SEASONS of filler episodes that they have to pump out because they get to close to the manga!) And really, I've found reading the bleach/naruto magnas 10x better than watching the animes and there god-awful fillers! + having to sit around for 8 episodes while people 'talk' about there 'life story' in the middle of a damned fight really makes for an annoying waste of time! ;)

Now, Ghost in the Shell = Awesome.

I think I've seen Blue Gender, or at least a few episodes of it, wasn't to impressed...

Never heard of the death note 'movie', I liked the series, except the 2nd season finale sucked, They ended the character totally uncharacteristically! Its like they were told 'this is the last season', and they 'finished it' as best as they could...

• Community Administrator

Lars and the Real Girl - Excellent movie.  One of my tops of 2007.  Great acting and script. 

Vantage Point - Ummm... better than expected but still dismal. 

That whole rewind effect was a bit overdone, and gets nausiating after-awhile...

Lars and the Real Girl - Excellent movie.  One of my tops of 2007.  Great acting and script. 

Vantage Point - Ummm... better than expected but still dismal. 

That whole rewind effect was a bit overdone, and gets nausiating after-awhile...

The plot was a little strange too.  I get the feeling the movie itself started as an idea of the rewind effect and the different POVs and they fit the plot in afterwards.  The ending in particular was hard to believe.

I saw the movie Jumper on an airplane a month or two ago.  An interesting idea, but not a particularly good movie.  Of course, it had everyone's favorite Star Wars actors in it: Samuel L. Jackson and Hayden Christensen.    ;D  Samuel L. Jackson does basically his role in Snakes on a Plane, except this time it's Jumpers on Earth.  That alone is worth seeing. :D

And, of course, I saw the Dark Knight.  All I can say is wow. 

Archived