DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Slinky-slank mafia

Sooh

1 minute ago, TrippedOnReality said:

Thank you for the bolded.  That's was the scenario I was the least sure of.

You'll probably thank me less if I tell you his really old mafia meta when getting pressure was kind of take his ball and go home.  He didn't literally quit, but it very clearly affected his mood and kind of ruined the experience for him or he was a fantastic actor.  I feel a little bad boiling it down to being "woe is me," but if the shoe fits...

I do think he's gotten better about that, and when i say old, I mean like seven or eight years ago.  And I still don't think he'd have thrown a claim out there like that.

Darthe is pretty charismatic and can get people to do things. As someone who's also very accomplished at accidentally driving games off of cliffs following a hunch I don't think Darthe will take offense to me saying he can do it with the best of em.

Our v/v games are almost always a mess. We managed to get through d1 this time though which is pretty good for us

MINUS the quote bc UGH

I don't really get why my vote on dice would make you swap to me, or really change your opinion honestly

Like I mentioned when he was still alive I feel like he does this to me every game and it isn't even alignment indicative tbh but even when pushed he just responded with "gut" which...how do you even refute that?  And I wasn't going to vote him but then Zander I think? Said that d1 wouldnt hammer even if I did so I went ahead and put my vote there - I wasn't really thinking about Cory in that moment I was irritated with dice voting me on guy and tone reads once again when we haven't aues together in forever and I feel like my playstyle has evolved quite a bit.  Re:voodoo I didn't notice him following you, did it feel like he was just sheeping along with what he perceived as an easy lunch?

Hey, I got something better here.  Can someone, anyone, give me 5 posts that show me why I should stop fretting over any individual in this game? One of you who's got a strong town read on Voodoo, or Leelou, or anyone.  It's legitimately crazy how many people have caveats beside their name in this D2, but we aren't rolling the way we should.

2 minutes ago, Darthe said:

TBH anyone could've told you cory doesn't view me as particularly threatening. I'd rather CLov have some good wolf reads then continue giving factual but easy statements.

I'd rather have good wolf reads, too, but I have 9 slots.  I think two have completely spewed themselves.  I have a PR claim that I'm absolutely going to treat as legitimate until there's really good reason not to.  I have a person whose playstyle I know better than literally anybody else on the planet whose doing exactly what she ought to as town.  And I've got you - if I wanted to throw out some hot take for the sake of being controversial, I'd point to your play today and just rip your spine out and let god sort of the mess, but I think it's probably smarter to look at the totality of your play.

That leaves me with Hallia, who I felt mostly positive about and struggle to make sense of her EOD from a scum perspective/AJ, who I've already expressed concerns about for his more recent play after having him as one of my strongest reads for the first ~60ish hours/Leelou, who seemed fine early out but again, hasn't exactly brought a lot of actual content/Verbal, who has literally never been in the thread while I have.

I'm not going to BS a case I don't believe in for the fun of it, and I'm not going to exaggerate the strength of my reads to appease people.

Just now, Darthe said:

Hey, I got something better here.  Can someone, anyone, give me 5 posts that show me why I should stop fretting over any individual in this game? One of you who's got a strong town read on Voodoo, or Leelou, or anyone.  It's legitimately crazy how many people have caveats beside their name in this D2, but we aren't rolling the way we should.

Tbh I feel like any of tripped should be fine - I've had no qualms about her okay even though it hasn't super stuck out 

3 minutes ago, Cory Caboose said:

Darthe is pretty charismatic and can get people to do things. As someone who's also very accomplished at accidentally driving games off of cliffs following a hunch I don't think Darthe will take offense to me saying he can do it with the best of em.

Our v/v games are almost always a mess. We managed to get through d1 this time though which is pretty good for us

It's a badge of honor.  TBH I really like your claim, sure it was early but it has felt like it gave this team some direction.

What I don't like is that no one else jumped in the wagon and started rolling with it.  Do you have the same sorta gamesense I do right now?

1 minute ago, Darthe said:

I feel very strongly about Voodoo.  Like I'll wager losing the game on it.  Aside from that post, his exchange with you where he backed down the moment you did felt exactly like a new player in over his head, and his game is classic newbie town.

On the chance I'm wrong, we should all congratulate him - he's better at being clueless than most people I've seen.

2 minutes ago, Clovdyx said:

I'd rather have good wolf reads, too, but I have 9 slots.  I think two have completely spewed themselves.  I have a PR claim that I'm absolutely going to treat as legitimate until there's really good reason not to.  I have a person whose playstyle I know better than literally anybody else on the planet whose doing exactly what she ought to as town.  And I've got you - if I wanted to throw out some hot take for the sake of being controversial, I'd point to your play today and just rip your spine out and let god sort of the mess, but I think it's probably smarter to look at the totality of your play.

That leaves me with Hallia, who I felt mostly positive about and struggle to make sense of her EOD from a scum perspective/AJ, who I've already expressed concerns about for his more recent play after having him as one of my strongest reads for the first ~60ish hours/Leelou, who seemed fine early out but again, hasn't exactly brought a lot of actual content/Verbal, who has literally never been in the thread while I have.

I'm not going to BS a case I don't believe in for the fun of it, and I'm not going to exaggerate the strength of my reads to appease people.

I actually want you to do that case on me, it's the first exciting thing I've heard all day.  Someone should've been facing off with me by now and it's oppressing that it hasn't happened.  Idk how to explain it when wolves won't jump on behavior that's easy meat, and townies ignore it cause they think they know the slot. 

3 minutes ago, Clovdyx said:

I feel very strongly about Voodoo.  Like I'll wager losing the game on it.  Aside from that post, his exchange with you where he backed down the moment you did felt exactly like a new player in over his head, and his game is classic newbie town.

On the chance I'm wrong, we should all congratulate him - he's better at being clueless than most people I've seen.

lol clov's throwing verbal haymakers tonight

4 minutes ago, Darthe said:

What I don't like is that no one else jumped in the wagon and started rolling with it.  Do you have the same sorta gamesense I do right now?

at a very birds eye view i don't think wolves have a lot of control over the thread but villagers have been mostly suspecting villagers.

2 minutes ago, Clovdyx said:

Basically this, and i'll add he's been super pure.  Everything just reads genuine. 

On 7/10/2022 at 11:57 AM, Leelou said:

Same. That post isn’t sitting right.

On 7/10/2022 at 11:03 AM, Hallia said:

SD probably lowest on my list of people actually posting

On 7/10/2022 at 11:02 AM, Hallia said:

Oooooo ok lmao

Why on earth would you say that someone sounded like a special role

That isn't good information to share with others lol

This string's in reverse order because multiquote's weird now, but Dice had his first legit read based on this early game stuff and he never let go of it.  

4 minutes ago, Cory Caboose said:

at a very birds eye view i don't think wolves have a lot of control over the thread but villagers have been mostly suspecting villagers.

I have no idea how some of you get this sort of impression.  Never have been able to tell the difference between a wolf led and town-led thread unless one side was very clearly favored.