DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Slinky-slank mafia

Sooh

55 minutes ago, TrippedOnReality said:

my reads are something like this:

town:

Darthe - LDO

Cory - doc claim, plus I feel like we've been agreeing on a lot.  I also noticed the way AJ completely flipped on hallia and had a lot of the same questions he did.  

probably town:

Voodoo - i feel like they've been super pure this entire game, if they are somehow mafia, then lolme i guess.

SD - i hate this, but it is what it is.

light town:

hallia - I thought her end of day looked pretty good on reread.  she had the same tone as she did when she was getting ran up in the cat mafia game.  I also have a lot of anti pairs for her.

leelou?  - I thought leelou's tone has been pretty good today and I like that activity today. I had a town read on them earlier and even though it was waning a bit going into EoD yesterday, I feel better about them today again.

IDK:

Chris - I don't think he's done anything outside of his wolf range, and him not being on a wagon did not help me much.  I also understand his schedule constraints.  I have agreed with a lot of the takes he's had but that's not uncommon regardless of his alignment.  

Verb - hasn't had a ton of time in the thread so I'm having a hard time getting a handle on him.  Thought his entrance and frustration with getting sussed yesterday seemed okay, but I'm going to need more.

AJ - AJ's 180 on hallia kind of threw me for a loop and I wasn't feeling particularly great about him going into EoD yesterday.  I agreed with a lot of what Cory said when he was questioning AJ about his flip on hallia earlier.  

I would like to work through your read on me a bit so maybe we can reach a better understanding.

As far as how D1 played out (with me missing a decent chunk in the middle) I think Dice/Hally was one of the more substantive developments and like I explained the meta was there. Say what you’d like about me flipping my reads, but it was part of the process that *I* needed to better my reads. Considering how the rest of the Day went on to become a Hally/Dice runoff with people taking sides , I would argue that my involvement was actually productive and led to a lot of good content to review now. You guys wanted to see town!AJ… well, this is it lol

I’m with you on what you say about Chris. He’s not out of his wolf range and evaluating him based on logic is a fool’s errand. I think in the greater context of the game his vote on Leelou for “wagons and stuff” is rather weak. With Cory off the table and Zander dead (who I was fully gearing up to thunder dome with today lmao) dead I’m left with a lot more clarity I think.

The voodoo read is where I’m at too. I got him right in his first game and I think I’ve got it right again now. His D2 entry is so pure 

3 hours ago, Cory Caboose said:

Were you against a theoretical dice lynch? I didn't get that impression

@Cory Caboose

If you mean at the time I left the thread, like I said, he was basically rand to be anything unless you wanted to count there were a handful of people that I felt pretty good to be town (and two I'd nearly lock in) and, well, somebody's scum.

If you mean would I have been had I been around to play, I have no idea.  I read the flip before I read the everything, and I feel it'd be unfair to you all to speculate on how I would have played it when I had hindsight going through the thread.

But I'd also note if you interpreted my post was about the outcome and not the twenty pages of Monked Plumbing leading up to it, you're already wrong.

8 minutes ago, Clovdyx said:

If anyone is ever at the Target in Fairfax and wants to leech wifi from the hotel, the password is apparently Archer22.

I read this wrong initially and thought you actually went to Target to play mafia, and i thought that might be the most WIM thing i've ever heard of, but then I remembered i stopped at a coffee shop halfway to the airport one time so I didn't miss EoD. 

Oki

2 hours ago, Darthe said:

cory

aj

Leelou

hally

avengers assemble?

I like it

2 hours ago, Leelou said:

I kinda want to mod a game at some point…am I crazy? 

I'm down to mod too tbh, this has brought back some good feels

1 hour ago, VooDooNut said:

isn't well grounded

I WAS ABOUT TO SAY

1 hour ago, whiskey delta said:

Hallia would not not encourage her teammates to bus 

but I think her/Voodoo are probably just town tbh

Accurate, I detest bussing

@Darthe I believe Cory's claim so I guess thoughts before they aren't relevant anymore 

Just now, whiskey delta said:

I would like to work through your read on me a bit so maybe we can reach a better understanding.

As far as how D1 played out (with me missing a decent chunk in the middle) I think Dice/Hally was one of the more substantive developments and like I explained the meta was there. Say what you’d like about me flipping my reads, but it was part of the process that *I* needed to better my reads. Considering how the rest of the Day went on to become a Hally/Dice runoff with people taking sides , I would argue that my involvement was actually productive and led to a lot of good content to review now. You guys wanted to see town!AJ… well, this is it lol

I’m with you on what you say about Chris. He’s not out of his wolf range and evaluating him based on logic is a fool’s errand. I think in the greater context of the game his vote on Leelou for “wagons and stuff” is rather weak. With Cory off the table and Zander dead (who I was fully gearing up to thunder dome with today lmao) dead I’m left with a lot more clarity I think.

The voodoo read is where I’m at too. I got him right in his first game and I think I’ve got it right again now. His D2 entry is so pure 

If you think starting a counterwagon on somebody who was decreasingly townie (purely in the sense that townreads were related to presence and reasonable town in the early stages but lack of substance due to her vacation) in response to a wagon on somebody that was formed almost entirely due to NOT being in the thread to see how people reacted is weak, I'll be over here playing mafia.  You can be the other guy.

2 minutes ago, Clovdyx said:

If you think starting a counterwagon on somebody who was decreasingly townie (purely in the sense that townreads were related to presence and reasonable town in the early stages but lack of substance due to her vacation) in response to a wagon on somebody that was formed almost entirely due to NOT being in the thread to see how people reacted is weak, I'll be over here playing mafia.  You can be the other guy.

It decreased enough for you to park your vote knowing you wouldn’t be back to change it? You were Town reading Leelou 

It decreased enough for you to park your vote knowing you wouldn’t be back to change it? You were Town reading Leelou 

Yeah, it's almost like I'm smart enough to know that one vote on a fairly townread player by someone completely absent isn't going to impact a lynch but could generate discussion.  This is a serious question - I genuinely want your opinion on this.

How should somebody lacking a particularly strong scumread that is completely, absolutely, 100% guaranteed to miss the final 20 hours of a dayphase use their vote?

A) Vote somebody that's actually viable to lynch, or

B) Ensure their vote DOESN'T cause harm but can still be productive?

Spoiler

If you say A, you and I have incredibly different thoughts on how one should play mafia.

Like, yeah, no shit I could have voted Dice.  And then let's say - hypothetically - he comes in and posts a bunch of content that I would find townie... if I were actually in the thread.  Too bad.  Can't move my vote.  Guess I'm helping push a lynch I wouldn't believe in through.

Or I could just not be a chimneysweep.

3 minutes ago, whiskey delta said:

Seems cavalier but okay.

who da scum then?

If the last ~48 hours are any indication, probably you.  I think the only post of yours that seemed like what I'd expect from Town!you was your point about Hallia probably fakeclaiming near EoD being a good sign.  She made a post near deadline I thought sounded atrocious about how her flip would be beneficial against Dice's and spent most of nightphase trying to figure out how I'd expect mafia!Hallia versus town!Hallia to play it.  

My first thought was Hallia has never hesitated to claim VT before, and she absolutely would have claimed if she were roled, but I did think your point about giving herself a chance/helping her team was fair.

It’s not about you voting Dice or not. It’s about you voting ~anyone that you had even a marginal scum read on. Like your plan was to see who would bite on leelou or something even though you may or may not be alive the next time you came back? I’m not even sure you believe what you’re telling me.

The thing I spent the most time going in circles on was whether I think mafia!Cory ever stays on anyalignment!Hallia for EOD when he could lynch town!Dice instead.

Felt like a super gross way for making reads but came up with almost certainly not.

It’s not about you voting Dice or not. It’s about you voting ~anyone that you had even a marginal scum read on. Like your plan was to see who would bite on leelou or something even though you may or may not be alive the next time you came back? I’m not even sure you believe what you’re telling me.

I didn't have a marginal scumread on anyone.  The two lowest "reads" I had when I left the thread were Verbal and Dice, who were literally completely null.  I had an argument for every other player in the game being ahead of them.  Going from memory since I closed notepad, but it was basically

Sinister

Voodoo

----

Darthe

You

Tripped

---

Hallia

Leelou

Zander

Cory

----

Verb

Dice

<nobody>

Using my standard never going to lynch/don't want to lynch/whatever/actually lynch these people groupings

4 minutes ago, whiskey delta said:

I don't know if you're suggesting I'd be lynched d1 or NKed, but if I got NKed, then it's not my damn problem is it?  If you mean getting lynched, oh, shut up - every single person that's played with me knows I'm as worried about getting lynched as I'm worried about being mauled by a gorilla.

1 minute ago, Clovdyx said:

I don't know if you're suggesting I'd be lynched d1 or NKed, but if I got NKed, then it's not my damn problem is it?  If you mean getting lynched, oh, shut up - every single person that's played with me knows I'm as worried about getting lynched as I'm worried about being mauled by a gorilla.

That’s kind of the point though. How is your test productive if you don’t live to see it through? Like I don’t honestly believe your rational here.

If leelou is town I’d consider you outed scum at this point. That’s pretty much where I’m at read wise.