DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Slinky-slank mafia

Sooh

Just now, Cory Caboose said:

@TrippedOnReality do you have a read on me yet?

I know we have played together at least once but I forget if we were on the same team and whether or not the games were fun or disasters

But I'm curious what you think, the more honest the better

I think we've only played one game.  It was the game on VS which the first game I ever played offsite and we got absolutely crushed by scum team Chris/Shad/Diva.

Like I said earlier in Chris's category thing, I wasn't particularly interested in yeeting you.  I think you're a good enough wolf to be doing the things you're doing so far based on what Chris has said about your wolf game, but nothing you've done has been particularly pingy.  I think Chris has said you prefer town?  I'm mostly fine with the reads you've given and I understand why maybe we disagree on voodoo given your experience with them, but otherwise I think we have pretty similar reads which is generally a ~good thing.  I think you're probably slightly more towny on Chris than I am, but you have a lot more experience playing with him than I do so i'm ~fine with it.  

7 minutes ago, dicetosser1 said:

why is it that im so good at reading you yet you suck at reading me?

and again. first line feels forced and fake. Hallia does not talk like that to me.

then her language style changes for the second line. What trying to come accross more loveable?

So @Darthe whats the actual reason for your vote? Just want to see it clearly stated

6 minutes ago, dicetosser1 said:

Same reasons I always use. Tone and gut.

Considering we haven't played together in what, years?  I don't buy this for a second

Ftr I don't have to try and be loveable everyone already loves me 😘

• Community Administrator
36 minutes ago, TrippedOnReality said:

Can you expand on either of these?  is there something specific you think links them together?

With VooDoo, he jumped on my hunch Dice is a Villager pretty fast. If Dice is a Wolf, VooDoo could have used my non-sus of Dice as a spring board to bandwagon on Dice not being wolf.

As for Hal, aside from LeeLuo, Clov is just pure speculation.

2 minutes ago, TrippedOnReality said:

I think we've only played one game.  It was the game on VS which the first game I ever played offsite and we got absolutely crushed by scum team Chris/Shad/Diva.

Like I said earlier in Chris's category thing, I wasn't particularly interested in yeeting you.  I think you're a good enough wolf to be doing the things you're doing so far based on what Chris has said about your wolf game, but nothing you've done has been particularly pingy.  I think Chris has said you prefer town?  I'm mostly fine with the reads you've given and I understand why maybe we disagree on voodoo given your experience with them, but otherwise I think we have pretty similar reads which is generally a ~good thing.  I think you're probably slightly more towny on Chris than I am, but you have a lot more experience playing with him than I do so i'm ~fine with it.  

Oh yeah, the VS game.

Let's not talk about that.

On VooDoo: I can say confidently I have no idea what I am doing attempting to meta-read a new forum mafia player with a 2 game sample size. It's implausible, unconventional, crazy! it just may work! what im trying to say is internally i don't feel my read is much better than the rand. do you feel strongly about your read, or do you feel the same way i do about mine?

On Chris: We probably both feel the same way about him I'm pretty sure, at least based on reading your thoughts on him ITG. He's always got the potential. But he has been a mover in the thread & I like how he's moved the thread so I'm not gonna get in the way without a reason.

One thing I do want to be careful of (especially reminded of the VS game) is letting Chris do the legwork on my read of you. I'll try to be more direct.

4 minutes ago, Cory Caboose said:

On VooDoo: I can say confidently I have no idea what I am doing attempting to meta-read a new forum mafia player with a 2 game sample size. It's implausible, unconventional, crazy! it just may work! what im trying to say is internally i don't feel my read is much better than the rand. do you feel strongly about your read, or do you feel the same way i do about mine?

I have no idea either, but it is making me laugh so props to that. I hope, whatever you decide, you are right!

Best Wishes Reaction GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

• Community Administrator
6 minutes ago, Cory Caboose said:

There is, in fact, a SinisterDeath wagon.

But there is only one person on it.

And that person is... SinisterDeath. 😛

Lmao, well there was a wagon!

2 minutes ago, Cory Caboose said:

Unofficial Vote Count

Clov - Leelou

SinisterDeath - SinisterDeath

Dice - Zander, Darthe, Hallia

Leelou - Clov, Cory

Not voting: Dice, AJ, Verbal, Tripped, VooDoo

Ahh, I thought I read a Hallia vote earlier. Musta been Leelou.

Between Dice and LeeLou, my gut says LeeLou.

Or third option, we lynch no one and see who gets night capped. 

13 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

Lmao, well there was a wagon!

Ahh, I thought I read a Hallia vote earlier. Musta been Leelou.

Between Dice and LeeLou, my gut says LeeLou.

Or third option, we lynch no one and see who gets night capped. 

There was, I unvoted

20 minutes ago, Cory Caboose said:

On Chris: We probably both feel the same way about him I'm pretty sure, at least based on reading your thoughts on him ITG. He's always got the potential. But he has been a mover in the thread & I like how he's moved the thread so I'm not gonna get in the way without a reason.

One thing I do want to be careful of (especially reminded of the VS game) is letting Chris do the legwork on my read of you. I'll try to be more direct.

I don't feel super strongly about my voodoo read, but I thought the stuff with darthe was a pretty good look for him for a newbie.  newbie reads are always hard because they haven't really figured out how to play and their range is ???  and even though his reads list was basically just a bunch of town reads, it felt pretty genuine and outside of the verb and dice reads which felt pretty generous.  i thought his response to Chris ~okay when asked about both reads.  that said, a couple people questioned the list as being coached, which is possible, but I thought his reaction to the accusations about being coached was fine.  and aside from the thing with darthe, he's still been getting a bit of light pressure and being chill but responsive to questions which isn't something i usually see from mafia!newbies when they are getting pressured. 

I agree with you on Chris.  It's basically what you said, he's always got the potential, but I also agree with a lot of what he's said so far so I'm fine letting him do his thing and seeing where it goes.

1 minute ago, VooDooNut said:

Does coached mean someone would be telling me what to say outside the channel? Because wouldn't that be cheating? Or am I misunderstanding the term?

"Coached" in this would imply that you are mafia and another mafia member is feeding you lines to say in mafia chat (mafia have their own 24/7 chat)

1 minute ago, Cory Caboose said:

"Coached" in this would imply that you are mafia and another mafia member is feeding you lines to say in mafia chat (mafia have their own 24/7 chat)

Today I learned. No idea there was a mafia chat.