DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Slinky-slank mafia

Sooh

Just now, SinisterDeath said:

As far as we know, there's 1 wolf in this game.

12 players.
1/12 = 8.3%.

Last game, 6 players.
1/6 = 16.6%.

The math tracks.

13 games in a row, assuming 25%.
4^13=67,108,864, or 1 in 1.490116119384766e-8....

Either things are truly random or they're not.

No we know there's more then 1 its a 12 player game so 2 or 3 Wolves.

Last game was like 7 so only 1 Wolf

2 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

lmao
Who's modding the mods?

This is such a strange and irrelevant argument.  People won’t like what you’re saying, and hopefully it doesn’t happen often.  Modding isn’t at all like DMing, because the mafia game doesn’t have a script and the mod isn’t responsible for keeping the game flowing or making it engaging.  Can we please focus on what’s in the game?

8 minutes ago, Clovdyx said:

@VooDooNut You said you have no pulse on Verb/Cory/me but all three of us were "probably" town.  Can you elaborate on each of us, especially Cory?

I just meant that I didn't have any reason to think you three were wolves. I haven't seen anything that made me suspicious. Yet.

1 minute ago, Zander? said:

If there are 3 wolves... we are in big trouble.

• Community Administrator
Just now, Zander? said:

Hmm, Apparently I misread the "The mafia team murder is assigned to one player" as "one wolf".
I'm gonna go for 2 wolves then. eyes the duo

12 players.
1/12 = 8.3%.

Last game, 6 players.
1/6 = 16.6%.

The math tracks.

13 games in a row, assuming 25%.
4^13=67,108,864, or 1 in 1.490116119384766e-8....

Either things are truly random or they're not.

No, see this is you again not knowing this game at all.  There are three wolves, it’s almost guaranteed.  Random.org is almost 100% guaranteed what sooh used to determine roles, and things again are literally as random as a 3rd party random number generator using weather patterns for its combinatorics.  If you really wanna game the system with stats I can show you where that works, but this isn’t it.

Just now, VooDooNut said:

I just meant that I didn't have any reason to think you three were wolves. I haven't seen anything that made me suspicious. Yet.

If there are 3 wolves... we are in big trouble.

Depends on who they are imo lol

2 minutes ago, Darthe said:

This is such a strange and irrelevant argument.  People won’t like what you’re saying, and hopefully it doesn’t happen often.  Modding isn’t at all like DMing, because the mafia game doesn’t have a script and the mod isn’t responsible for keeping the game flowing or making it engaging.  Can we please focus on what’s in the game?

All I'm saying, is the mod can definitely curate a list of players for specific roles, and fudge "random numbers" to make for a more interesting play dynamic.

1 wolf game, me as wolf? Sorry, we're done after day 1. 😉

For reference, Sooh says "Fairly vanilla game. No complex role setup" in the OP.

Vanilla town/mafia ratio is usually in the 25-30% range (vanilla standards are typically something like: 2 mafia for 9 players, 3 mafia for 13 players, 4 mafia for 17 players)

12er is a bit in the middle in that we could have 3 wolves and a reasonable amount of village power or 2 wolves and a relatively low amount of village power

1 minute ago, Darthe said:

No, see this is you again not knowing this game at all.  There are three wolves, it’s almost guaranteed.  Random.org is almost 100% guaranteed what sooh used to determine roles, and things again are literally as random as a 3rd party random number generator using weather patterns for its combinatorics.  If you really wanna game the system with stats I can show you where that works, but this isn’t it.

If you recall Hallia's assertion that VooDoo just kept rerolling until he got the number he wanted... Mods can do that to. Who's to stop enforce em? Who would know? 

Fwiw you can google the history of mafia, or reference this in a hundred places, but the setup of nearly 100% of all games is 

1 cop

1 doctor

7 vanilla

3 wolves

You usually have 25% villains in two party or 33% in three party, and exceptions are almost exclusively in strange format games.

JFC I can't believe I'm going to say this.

I'm absolutely not voting for Sinister today, and I highly, highly encourage everyone take the same stance.  No part of me feels good about this read but unless the team is just straight up completelyAFK!Verb, brandnewb!Voodoo, and Sinister, I don't see how he's ever mafia here.  He'd have to not only have committed to the sickest derpclear of all time, he'd have to have a team that somehow isn't giving him ANYTHING to work with.

I'll reevaluate if we're both alive late, but I don't think I've ever seen someone take these kind of lines as scum - inexperienced or not.  And if I'm getting leveled, I promise, I'll make up for it by pretending it's 2015 again.

1 minute ago, Clovdyx said:

I'm absolutely not voting for Sinister today, and I highly, highly encourage everyone take the same stance.  No part of me feels good about this read but unless the team is just straight up completelyAFK!Verb, brandnewb!Voodoo, and Sinister, I don't see how he's ever mafia here.  He'd have to not only have committed to the sickest derpclear of all time, he'd have to have a team that somehow isn't giving him ANYTHING to work with.

I'll reevaluate if we're both alive late, but I don't think I've ever seen someone take these kind of lines as scum - inexperienced or not.  And if I'm getting leveled, I promise, I'll make up for it by pretending it's 2015 again.

This is already understood.  He is being annoying though, and kinda insulting to my friend sooh.

1 minute ago, Clovdyx said:

Goodness, I wish that Tanner/Jester role was in this, I'd rock this joint.

And while I totally get why everybody is inclined to take it as a teaching opportunity (if I weren't pressed for time, I probably would, too), I'm going to try to figure out who I am comfortable voting and try to avoid devolving this game into... whatever this shit is.

Just now, SinisterDeath said:

A = π r²

Just now, Clovdyx said:

But but but Chirs he mathed at me again!!!!!