DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Slinky-slank mafia

Sooh

• Community Administrator
1 minute ago, Darthe said:

You know the answer here.  Ya'll tried to NK me and Verb being incompetent gave you a lucky replacement NK.

You're assuming I'm a wolf (you're wrong).
If I'm a Villager, who was likely to try to NK you?

Btw you all realize that verb claiming this hard clears me either way, right?  Town Verb shot Zander so I was docc'ed from the NK or wolf verb fakes this claim intending town to think I was protected because the wolves are okay with clearing me as collateral.  I suppose in a fringe scenario where I'm a wolf then the vig and NK were on the same target or verb and I are W/W, but those are both so unlikely.

Just now, SinisterDeath said:

Did you believe there' was a good chance a wolf would actually attempt to NK him? Or was it just an insurance policy and you thought they might NK someone else?

Honestly I'm used to wolves on DM focus mostly on killing loud townies who are capable of rallying others, as these are really your biggest threats outside of the more important PRs. I didn't strongly feel the wolves were going to attempt on Darthe so insurance is the more direct answer. But if I had a strong feeling the wolves would target someone else I would have gone with that instead.

43 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

And if you're wrong? What does that mean other than you can't read me at all? IMO, you lead a wagon on me and I flip villager, it'll make you look like scum... But hey, that's a game winning move right there for wolf...right?

I feel like you're making my point for me right now.  You posted as if you knew I was town.  Not thought, not suspected, as if you KNEW.  That's a scum slip to me.

30 minutes ago, whiskey delta said:

Checking in real quick between stops.

These new developments are spicy. On the one hand I agree with Darthe because I absolutely think Verb would fake claim here because he has mechanical evidence to support him and as Darthe pointed out it could draw other PRs his way to waste their utility for the Night. On the other he claimed that shot and that also fits so I think that tables him for D2. Like Cory he’s tied to the claim and he’s also a more direct threat to wolves if Town.

congrats, you really have formed your own circle by yourself. My trust circle is a gun free zone so can’t let you in yet sorry. Walk me thru how I’m in your POE? @Verbal32

If Cory/Darthe/Verb are all Town that means I’m down to only Clov/Leelou/SD as wagons for the Day.

I have been thinking more and have other stuff I want to say to you but I’d rather wait for you to answer me first and maybe we can have some more real-time talk tonight again after

@Clovdyx

Simple, I wasn't leaning one way or the other on you, and like I explained earlier - a non-town lean (even if it's null) results in being part of the POE for me.

3 minutes ago, Cory Caboose said:

Honestly I'm used to wolves on DM focus mostly on killing loud townies who are capable of rallying others, as these are really your biggest threats outside of the more important PRs.

He was pretty loud D1. Would a wolf target a loud townie if they're putting a wagon on a known town?

I didn't strongly feel the wolves were going to attempt on Darthe so insurance is the more direct answer. But if I had a strong feeling the wolves would target someone else I would have gone with that instead.

Assuming a Wolf/Vig attempted to kill Darthe, is it safe to say you can't actually confirm whether such a hit took place (Meaning you don't get any info about if it actually saved him), you can only assume it since you protected him?

4 minutes ago, Verbal32 said:

I feel like you're making my point for me right now.  You posted as if you knew I was town.  Not thought, not suspected, as if you KNEW.  That's a scum slip to me.

I think it's entirely possible you're reading far too much into whether I "knew" or "suspected" as a scum slip.
Read it in a rhetorical voice of "assuming this is true...".

19 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

On D1 when I claimed Verb could be a PR, and ya'll got mad at me for saying PR's out loud, Why'd you protect Darthe instead of Verb?

Is this a serious question?

11 minutes ago, Darthe said:

You know the answer here.  Ya'll tried to NK me and Verb being incompetent gave you a lucky replacement NK.

Ouch, but true.

1 minute ago, SinisterDeath said:

I think it's entirely possible you're reading far too much into whether I "knew" or "suspected" as a scum slip.
Read it in a rhetorical voice of "assuming this is true...".

I get it, but you're a smart guy and I try to read posts as they are - not as how they are explained later on that I should interpret them as.

Just now, SinisterDeath said:

He was pretty loud D1. Would a wolf target a loud townie if they're putting a wagon on a known town?

D1 lynch is hardest to get right (imo) and it's too often you see players get serious pressure for having a wrong read on d1. Darthe also stop pushing dice and pushed the Hallia wagon instead which was (and still is, but probably less) not 'known town'. But even if it was, I don't think it'd matter too much.

Basically - its an uninformed majority vs informed minority game, so the biggest problem for the mafia team is if the villagers start recognizing each other as villagers and build wagons together. If the village is mostly fractured, the fact that the mafia have multiple co-ordinated votes is a much bigger advantage than if the villagers are all voting together and you have no control who they are voting for.

1 minute ago, Verbal32 said:

Is this a serious question?

Sure was. I mean, it makes sense to me to try to bait some wolves to go after an AFK Villager that I hinted could be PR with no actual reason to believe so other then some wild cockamamie reason for why you would be one.

The only thing this confirms to me is that VooDoo isn't a wolf.

4 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

Sure was. I mean, it makes sense to me to try to bait some wolves to go after an AFK Villager that I hinted could be PR with no actual reason to believe so other then some wild cockamamie reason for why you would be one.

The only thing this confirms to me is that VooDoo isn't a wolf.

I was more talking about why you asked Cory why he protected Darthe over me, as if that was a question that needed any explanation at all.

1 minute ago, Verbal32 said:

I was more talking about why you asked Cory why he protected Darthe over me, as if that was a question that needed any explanation at all.

If I was wolf, I probably would have taken out someone that mildly sussed me, but felt someone else was more sus.. Like Leelou. But we know from mod rules, if there are multiple wolves, they only get 1 NK.

If I was a Wolf, my team would probably NK me, or try to get me Vigged, as I'm extremely annoying to them as everyone else in this game is constantly sussing me as a wolf.

If I was a wolf, wouldn't my play today to be sit quiet and not say much of anything without massive coaching? Obviously the more I post, the more I look like a wolf, right?

17 minutes ago, Verbal32 said:

@Leelou

I haven't forgotten that I need to do some homework and look at why I suspected Zander mid-D1.  I had some work meetings and I'm in the office today, so not easy to just sit there and mafia all day, heh.

Here's some copy/paste (working 2 tabs) of stuff Zander said that I didn't like.  My meeting got moved, so I have a little time.  I'll add explanations where useful.

Also need a lot more from.Verb I don't necessarily need him to fully be caught up just somewhat and current and posting 

This was after I came to the thread and had been posting and responding for a while.  My response was "weird take" from this.

No im saying I need you to be current and posting all the way up to EOD so I don't get the urge to push your lynch if you're a Villager

When I pushed back a little, this was his response.  I fired back that this looked (to me) like he was laying the groundwork and some breadcrumbs for my lynch in case I didn't return.  I was only away for a couple hours at most, I was pretty active that day (Monday).

I even posted about not liking what I perceived as a nudge from Zander - it just looked like he was breadcrumbing a lynch on me if I was absent EOD1.  It looked bad, I said as much, and he didn't provide anything else to refute that......so I shot him N1.

4 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

If I was wolf, I probably would have taken out someone that mildly sussed me, but felt someone else was more sus.. Like Leelou. But we know from mod rules, if there are multiple wolves, they only get 1 NK.

If I was a Wolf, my team would probably NK me, or try to get me Vigged, as I'm extremely annoying to them as everyone else in this game is constantly sussing me as a wolf.

If I was a wolf, wouldn't my play today to be sit quiet and not say much of anything without massive coaching? Obviously the more I post, the more I look like a wolf, right?

I'm not sure how to respond to this.

First para:  that has nothing to do with you acting like you know I'm town.

Second para:  that makes no sense, so let's ignore that.

Third para:  the "what if" game isn't really going to help answer your questions there, tbh.

14 minutes ago, Verbal32 said:

Here's some copy/paste (working 2 tabs) of stuff Zander said that I didn't like.  My meeting got moved, so I have a little time.  I'll add explanations where useful.

This was after I came to the thread and had been posting and responding for a while.  My response was "weird take" from this.

When I pushed back a little, this was his response.  I fired back that this looked (to me) like he was laying the groundwork and some breadcrumbs for my lynch in case I didn't return.  I was only away for a couple hours at most, I was pretty active that day (Monday).

I even posted about not liking what I perceived as a nudge from Zander - it just looked like he was breadcrumbing a lynch on me if I was absent EOD1.  It looked bad, I said as much, and he didn't provide anything else to refute that......so I shot him N1.

for now I’ll give you the benefit of doubt, but I could see this kill for you from either vig or scum. 

^ @Darthe

im out in a field right now, is there a vote count? 

7 minutes ago, Cory Caboose said:

Verb on a scale of 1-10 how much regret do you feel for not shooting SD?

He'd have killed another town, but then he'd have to suffer through another 60 pages of zander...

3 minutes ago, Leelou said:

for now I’ll give you the benefit of doubt, but I could see this kill for you from either vig or scum. 

^ @Darthe

1 hour ago, Sooh said:

Vote Count

WhiskeyDelta (1) - Hallia

Clov (1) - WhiskeyDelta

Verbal (2) - Cory, Darthe

SD (1) - Verbal

Not Voting (5) - Leelou, Tripped, SinisterDeath, Clov, VooDoo

6 votes to hammer. 

COUNTDOWN LINK

1 hour ago, Cory Caboose said:

For today, but today only
Probably a good time to Unvote lol

1 hour ago, Darthe said:

vote sinister

WhiskeyDelta (1) - Hallia

Clov (1) - WhiskeyDelta

SD (1) - Verbal, Darthe

I think that's the updated total.

If Hallia & Darthe agree on Wagoning me, I'll gladly vote myself so we can get on with the NK's and hang out with dice & zander.

18 minutes ago, Cory Caboose said:

Verb on a scale of 1-10 how much regret do you feel for not shooting SD?

Maybe a 2 or 3.  I really though I was hero-shooting Zander.  I had a parade planned with confetti and everybody's undying love for taking out scum and saving 800 pages of reading.

Then he flipped town and the rest is lolverbal.

9 minutes ago, Leelou said:

^ @Darthe

Totally, I would have shot him as either alignment, I'm not making the argument that it's AI for me at all - it's not.