DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Season 1 Discussion (Full Book Spoilers) v2.1

SinisterDeath

4 hours ago, Hobo said:

Well okay. Ep 7 was pretty good. I mostly enjoyed it.

Reveal hidden contents

See if Mats in the in 8 but if not you can tell that he left after ep 6. Maybe he didn't like edgy dark Mat either??

The Ways had a good feel, not how i had envisioned it but ill let it slide.

I dont like that they made Lord Agelmar so disrespectful and dismissive of Aes Sedai as that is a complete 180 on his character and i dont believe his sister could actually channel in the books but whatev.

Now.. the Blight.. UGH.. it looked kinda cool with the skull in the wood and all.. but that WAS NOT the Blight.

Also, they designed Fal Dara all wrong.. The outer walls are meant to slope ?

Does episode 8 reveal that Perrin and Egwane have a thing together?

It was dismissed by Egwane to Rand later in the episode... but but what Naynaeve and the Black Wind said, Perrin's defensive reaction to Rand during their argument and Egwane's lack of response to Rand then...

I can understand TV Perrin accidently (...or was it...?) killing his wife at the start of his character arc translating into his obsession over the Falcon later on ... but with this potentially dismissed complication... is awkward. 

Edited by mikeanized

1 hour ago, Sabio said:

The love triangle thing didn't make sense to me.

I don't think there is a "love triangle". I think Nynaeve jumped to conclusions and that Perrin is consumed with guilt over his wife and has decided that his feelings of affection for Egwene are a betrayal of Laila's memory. 

6 minutes ago, Elder_Haman said:
1 hour ago, Sabio said:

The love triangle thing didn't make sense to me.

I don't think there is a "love triangle". I think Nynaeve jumped to conclusions and that Perrin is consumed with guilt over his wife and has decided that his feelings of affection for Egwene are a betrayal of Laila's memory. 

Also is N projecting her own desire to possess Egwene as a protege / substitute for the children she would not be having (as a wisdom is generally single) onto Rand and Perrin?  

Speaking of kids... Min's view of Rand rocking a baby (Literally: he never rocks the twins. Figuratively: Lews cradling Rand into this age... or something?).
I'd love to hear your interpretations of this. 

Min also seems to hold off on giving some of her interpretations, I suppose it's just too soon for her to give out some of the end game stuff, but others would have moved the character arcs forward, or at least give some drama (IE: hearing that Egwane isn't for him right after he got hot and steamy with her). 

TV Rand #1: rocking a baby.
TV Rand #2: Rand's 'impossible' birth.  Followed by: rainbows and carnivals and 3 beautiful women... She see's the Eye and a non-response to his return from it. 

BOOK Rand: A sword that isn't a sword, a golden crown of laurel leaves, a beggar's staff, you pouring water on sand, a bloody hand and white-hot iron, three women standing over a funeral bier with you on it, black rock wet with blood, lightning around you, some striking at you, some coming out of you. You and I will meet again.

In the books, Min's skills are constantly questioned, but on TV, we are just to accept it.  I think it would have been nice to at least have Min say the 'you and I will meet again', to give the  audience some hope he may survive the Eye, or give ome drama on if she is a believable character or not. 

TV Perrin: Yellow eyes, blood running down his chin.

BOOK Perrin #1: A wolf, and a broken crown, and trees flowering all around Perrin.

BOOK Perrin #2: "An Aielman in a cage. A Tuatha'an with a sword. A falcon and a hawk, perching on your shoulders. Both female, I think

Learning of the Falcon and the Hawk could have given good drama for Perrin.  Is one his dead wife? Egwane maybe?  This could have been interesting for Perrin, a character I'm not sure the TV writers know exactly what to do with.  

TV Egwane: white flame, ring of gold.

BOOK Egwene: [to Rand] You're in love with her. She loves you, too, but she's not for you, or you for her. Not the way you both want.

"A white flame and other things."

Hinting of the Seat hits well, but the non-relationship part would have been cool too. 

TV Nynaeve: 

BOOK Nynaeve: A man's ring of heavy gold floated above Nynaeve's head

This could of been nice to hear of too as we learn more about Lan. 

TV Moiraine: the amyrlin seat will be Morraines downfall [Suian? Elaida? Egwane? Cadsuane lol?].

I don't think we get such an interpretation like this in the books, so this big upcoming drama drop may be for Moiraine to leave Suian for a certain gruff singer...
Also, with all the hate given to Matt in this episode, I think it would be nice to give some foreshadow about a lazy, roguish, immature, tactless and brazen man giving up half the light of the world to save her... for some balance ?

Anyways, it's too bad some Min insights (or doubts of her abilities) weren't included... yet.  

Does this chat see chemistry between the woolhead and Min?

...Rand rocking a baby...?

Edited by mikeanized

1 hour ago, mikeanized said:

Speaking of kids... Min's view of Rand rocking a baby (Literally: he never rocks the twins. Figuratively: Lews cradling Rand into this age... or something?).
I'd love to hear your interpretations of this. 

Min also seems to hold off on giving some of her interpretations, I suppose it's just too soon for her to give out some of the end game stuff, but others would have moved the character arcs forward, or at least give some drama (IE: hearing that Egwane isn't for him right after he got hot and steamy with her). 

TV Rand #1: rocking a baby.
TV Rand #2: Rand's 'impossible' birth.  Followed by: rainbows and carnivals and 3 beautiful women... She see's the Eye and a non-response to his return from it. 

BOOK Rand: A sword that isn't a sword, a golden crown of laurel leaves, a beggar's staff, you pouring water on sand, a bloody hand and white-hot iron, three women standing over a funeral bier with you on it, black rock wet with blood, lightning around you, some striking at you, some coming out of you. You and I will meet again.

In the books, Min's skills are constantly questioned, but on TV, we are just to accept it.  I think it would have been nice to at least have Min say the 'you and I will meet again', to give the  audience some hope he may survive the Eye, or give ome drama on if she is a believable character or not. 

TV Perrin: Yellow eyes, blood running down his chin.

BOOK Perrin #1: A wolf, and a broken crown, and trees flowering all around Perrin.

BOOK Perrin #2: "An Aielman in a cage. A Tuatha'an with a sword. A falcon and a hawk, perching on your shoulders. Both female, I think

Learning of the Falcon and the Hawk could have given good drama for Perrin.  Is one his dead wife? Egwane maybe?  This could have been interesting for Perrin, a character I'm not sure the TV writers know exactly what to do with.  

TV Egwane: white flame, ring of gold.

BOOK Egwene: [to Rand] You're in love with her. She loves you, too, but she's not for you, or you for her. Not the way you both want.

"A white flame and other things."

Hinting of the Seat hits well, but the non-relationship part would have been cool too. 

TV Nynaeve: 

BOOK Nynaeve: A man's ring of heavy gold floated above Nynaeve's head

This could of been nice to hear of too as we learn more about Lan. 

TV Moiraine: the amyrlin seat will be Morraines downfall [Suian? Elaida? Egwane? Cadsuane lol?].

I don't think we get such an interpretation like this in the books, so this big upcoming drama drop may be for Moiraine to leave Suian for a certain gruff singer...
Also, with all the hate given to Matt in this episode, I think it would be nice to give some foreshadow about a lazy, roguish, immature, tactless and brazen man giving up half the light of the world to save her... for some balance ?

Anyways, it's too bad some Min insights (or doubts of her abilities) weren't included... yet.  

Does this chat see chemistry between the woolhead and Min?

...Rand rocking a baby...?

The thought that occured to me:

Spoiler

No, Rand!! you Can't!! You are not the creator!! - Moiraine in the Stone of Tear

2 hours ago, Jaysen Gore said:

The thought that occured to me:

Hide contents

No, Rand!! you Can't!! You are not the creator!! - Moiraine in the Stone of Tear

I don't think it's related to the viewings but I so hope that moment is in the show, because of how heartwrenching it is.

29 minutes ago, Gothic Flame said:

When Egwene is tested formally in the White Tower she's given three different scenarios. In one she's married to Rand. At the moment I don't recall what followed. (I admit I don't think childen were involved. But this is from the book...so anything goes)

I am fairly certain that one of her testing "visions"/"experiences" do include her married to Rand and having a child, but the viewing was when she looked at Rand not Egwene. Although that could mean anything as the show doesn't hold true to the books.

5 hours ago, mikeanized said:

All Min got was "an eye on a balance scale" - the rest was from the 'finns.

Are we to assume Fain can channel? How does he get through the ways?

Moiraine sending the Red Ajah after Mat because he has "an inner darkness" -- ugh

Tar Valon was so unnecessary -- coulda shoulda been Caemlyn

Lots of the changes aren't because of the needs of adaptation, they're just changes for the sake of changes and really not for the better most of them.

8 hours ago, MasterAblar said:

I don't think it's related to the viewings but I so hope that moment is in the show, because of how heartwrenching it is.

My first reaction to the baby viewing was to think of that scene in Tear, too. I can't think of anything else in the books more significant involving him and a child.

12 hours ago, Gothic Flame said:

When Egwene is tested formally in the White Tower she's given three different scenarios. In one she's married to Rand. At the moment I don't recall what followed. (I admit I don't think childen were involved. But this is from the book...so anything goes)

Rand and Egwene have a little girl named Joiya in some mirror universe.

1 minute ago, Gothic Flame said:

The book ends before the blessed event happens. But I think there's reason to believe that he'd not be a deadbeat dad, even without Min's viewing.

As far as i recall the book says he rides off into the sunset in Moridins(I think that was his name haha) body.

Just now, Gothic Flame said:

Yup.

Described as "darkly handsome" by Graendal I think. And with a still mote of the "true power" in one of his eyes.

And also not sure if it counts towards Rand not seeing his kids, but in avi's "future visions" in her second trip through the rings she doesn't see rand. Although i think she had feet in that vision sooooo..