DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Episode 5+ Predictions

Wraith235

23 minutes ago, 2RiversFan said:

Where??

image.thumb.png.ac4e2e6af50829162835856bfe32b264.png

It certainly makes sense that Ep. 8 will be "The Eye of the World"... (I think it will be titled as such) but it isn't verified by the link you provided.

Something that I love about all of this... it's clear from the title of Ep. 7 that logically we're getting 1 book per show season, and NOT getting multiple books crammed into each show season... at least for this season.  This makes me very happy.  

I'm not saying that they haven't included any parts of tGH, tDR, or New Spring since they clearly have.   I am hoping that the trim a LOT of the fat from the middle books, such as the bowl of the winds and the Andorran succession plot lines... among a few others.

The one issue with this, there are only 8 seasons. 

See I like the Bowl of the Winds stuff, and the Andorran succession plot stuff. But I fully accept these stories do not tell the talw of how the dragon reborn gets to and wins the Great Battle. 

53 minutes ago, Sir_Charrid said:

The one issue with this, there are only 8 seasons. 

See I like the Bowl of the Winds stuff, and the Andorran succession plot stuff. But I fully accept these stories do not tell the talw of how the dragon reborn gets to and wins the Great Battle. 

I expect (and this is several years away IF we get that far) that the Path of Daggers, Winters Heart and Crossroads of Twilight will be Merged into 1 season  ....so that reduces you from 13 to 11.... you only have to condense 3 more books down

as for where it says the episode name .... a quick google search reveals multiple sites stating that episode 8 is titled Eye of the world

Edited by Wraith235

27 minutes ago, Wraith235 said:

I expect (and this is several years away IF we get that far) that the Path of Daggers, Winters Heart and Crossroads of Twilight will be Merged into 1 season  ....so that reduces you from 13 to 11.... you only have to condense 3 more books down

That would be too much. I bet the books will be merged within two seasons

3 hours ago, Maximillion said:

I really don't know how they are going to be able to write Episode 8 in any way even close to the books.

If it is The Eye of the World, then I shudder to think what they have in store given that Nynaeve is already a power so great that Logain would stand in awe.  If she is there at the EOTW, then all she needs to do is wipe the floor with the Foresaken as soon as she becomes upset - audience is not going to get it if she can't do her Incredible Hulk act again.  No need for Rand or any of the others to worry.  Sit back, relax, wait for Nynaeve to get angry and have her hair stand on end as she obliterates all foes. #badass #girlpower #hearmeroar

It isn't that complicated. They can easily explain her block before that, e.g. by having the Aes Sedai harass her and try to have her channel for them.

She can be too scared at the end to channel, and it'll happen too quickly for her to react.

Having a huge power burst from Nyn is actually the best way to develop her character and explain her block. It removes the "Mary Sue" problem by establishing - immediately and memorably - that Nynaeve has access to a huge amount of power. 

Obviously, she is going to be the subject of a great deal of interest from the Aes Sedai since she had this massive power burst in front of multiple Aes Sedai. This interest provides a logical basis for explaining her block - she is unable to channel on command. She is unable to channel consistently. It becomes the launching point for the first of Nynaeve's major character arcs.

Doing it the other way (overcoming the block before understanding Nyn's power level) is both harder from a writing standpoint - the block is going to require lots of exposition and the creation of scenes and situations that call for such exposition - and more in danger of making Nynaeve's eventual accomplishments feel unearned. 

Now - knowing viscerally that Nynaeve is incredibly powerful - her inability to access that power becomes relatable. Her struggles to access her power will hit harder emotionally.

5 minutes ago, Elder_Haman said:

Having a huge power burst from Nyn is actually the best way to develop her character and explain her block. It removes the "Mary Sue" problem by establishing - immediately and memorably - that Nynaeve has access to a huge amount of power. 

Obviously, she is going to be the subject of a great deal of interest from the Aes Sedai since she had this massive power burst in front of multiple Aes Sedai. This interest provides a logical basis for explaining her block - she is unable to channel on command. She is unable to channel consistently. It becomes the launching point for the first of Nynaeve's major character arcs.

Doing it the other way (overcoming the block before understanding Nyn's power level) is both harder from a writing standpoint - the block is going to require lots of exposition and the creation of scenes and situations that call for such exposition - and more in danger of making Nynaeve's eventual accomplishments feel unearned. 

Now - knowing viscerally that Nynaeve is incredibly powerful - her inability to access that power becomes relatable. Her struggles to access her power will hit harder emotionally.

My problem with the show's depiction isn't the huge burst of power scene and the mis-direction that she may be the DR.  The fact that she healed multiple people at once is only a minor departure from the books... she merely split her weaves.  Even though nowhere in the books does it show this occurring, and in fact the book descriptions make it appear that each wound requires a slightly different weave.  The shows depiction is ok with me.  Nyneave IS that powerful and is shown on multiple occasions to be capable of things no Aes Sedai thought were possible.  It is also fitting that it occurred in front of Logain.

The fact that none of the Aes Sedai were looking at her all googly eyed before that burst of healing is what I'm disliking.  They should be able to tell at a glance just how strong she is.

13 minutes ago, 2RiversFan said:

The fact that none of the Aes Sedai were looking at her all googly eyed before that burst of healing is what I'm disliking.  They should be able to tell at a glance just how strong she is.

I think they have changed this from the book so you have to witness someone channeling to know their strength. Moiraine knows Egwene is strong, but she has seen her channeling. 

On 11/27/2021 at 12:59 PM, Harad the White said:

The shadows whispering in Logain's ear will incarnate later into the freed Forsaken, most probably Lanfear and Ishamael.

The "old man" running with the "young man" will be a strong male channeler, maybe Makzim.

Matt Cauthon will look like a completely different person, next season.

God's I hope not, I really hope that was just the shows way of showing the madness.  

The dagger is so powerful it warped Mat's features.  (I'm still curious as to why the Mat actor was changed)

Just now, Sabio said:

God's I hope not, I really hope that was just the shows way of showing the madness.

Many people like the idea of Elusha Salid being a Forsaken, probably Lanfear. (Why give a name to a manifestation of madness?). Look at Logain during that scene. Does that look like "madness." He refutes the suggestion by both shadows to murder the King.

Isn't that what the madness does, makes one go insane and kill things?  Giving it a name makes it more personal, maybe that was someone he once knew etc.  To me it simply wouldn't make sense to have forsaken who have never even been discussed yet doing that stuff.  Why not just use compulsion on him or set him free?   I know I'm over thinking it, but in my opinion to have a forsaken do it would leave some confused since seems like better or easier ways to have a forsaken use him.  For me I think it helps people understand the darkness and the madness better to see it visualized like that.  

5 hours ago, Sabio said:

Isn't that what the madness does, makes one go insane and kill things?

Yes. And by that definition, the fact that Logain refutes the urgings of the shadows to kill the King should be revelatory.

BTW I've seen posts about events in Episode 5, including some related to Perrin. Are those predictions or based upon some authoritative Episode 5 preview that exist somewhere?

13 minutes ago, Harad the White said:

Are those predictions or based upon some authoritative Episode 5 preview that exist somewhere?

Possible there are leaks elsewhere but AFAIK there's merely the title and imdb episode description, plus a scene from the trailer showing

Spoiler

Perrin and Egwene encircled by Whitecloaks with Aram knocked out next to him.

(Spoiler boxed just in case anyone is avoiding the trailers too)

So folks are making predictions based on that

4 minutes ago, KakitaOCU said:

Last AMA Rafe said the issue with the prophecies was not any changes but that after 3000 years no one trusted them.   So until we get wording showing changes, we can trust the original.  Which means Dragon is the same Dragon, which means there's nothing to re-write for Aus' issues.

Mark the date, December 24th, the day Episode 8 featured a twist that caused the fan base to lose its mind.

11 minutes ago, AusLeviathan said:

Mark the date, December 24th, the day Episode 8 featured a twist that caused the fan base to lose its mind.

The fan base losing it's mind is a constant, and it's part of the marketing strategy. Later, they realize...oh, it's ok. If you knew anything definitive, like all the N&Ns, you wouldn't hold back.

13 minutes ago, Harad the White said:

The fan base losing it's mind is a constant, and it's part of the marketing strategy. Later, they realize...oh, it's ok. If you knew anything definitive, like all the N&Ns, you wouldn't hold back

Holding back what?

I've been pretty open with what I'm expecting.

1 hour ago, Harad the White said:

Yes. And by that definition, the fact that Logain refutes the urgings of the shadows to kill the King should be revelatory.

BTW I've seen posts about events in Episode 5, including some related to Perrin. Are those predictions or based upon some authoritative Episode 5 preview that exist somewhere?

To me it shows Logain isn't that far into the madness yet, he can fight it off.  Sooner or later he would fall to it.  Having a forsaken that has never been mentioned in the series yet, to me would make no sense.  

Anyone else disappointed Ishy is like a quick attempt to scare instead of the evil force trying to deceive and manipulate the group in their dreams?  He seems like more of a horror movie attempt at a scare than a villain trying to figure how who the dragon is.  His showing up in a dream doesn't seem to have much of a point.

I think Mat will kill a DF with the dagger. I think the show needs to really drive home how bad that dagger really is, and the sickness is all well and good but showing the audience the effect of being cut with it would really sell it. Also it would completely exonerate Mat of killing the Grinwell’s if the body shrivels up after getting a small cut.