DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Interviews and News Articles

WhiteVeils

12 minutes ago, TheMountain said:

That gives me hope that maybe there will be at least one person in the room advocating for Rand's character arc

You mean that Rafe, who considers Rand one of his favorite characters, doesn't advocate?

Question
Who is your favorite character, and why is it Egwene?

Rafe Judkins
This is my favorite question so far. I know it's lame, but I honestly have too many favorites -- Egwene, Aviendha, Mat, Nynaeve, Perrin, Rand, Tam -- honestly I believe that when you're writing you have to be in love with all of your characters, and now that I'm writing, I am ha

Just now, TheMountain said:

I really don't think that the writers,  Rafe included, are as interested in Rand's arc as the other characters. He's been significantly nerfed and downplayed so far, I don't expect that to change all that much even now that the "whodunnit?" has been revealed.

I think you're wrong. Everything I've seen so far is that the series is going to lean very hard into the question of whether the Dragon is a savior or destroyer. Rand's arc is going to be central to the show - just like it is in the books.

On the other hand, be prepared to see Rand from the point of view of people who think he has gone insane. Be prepared for Rand to be credibly portrayed as evil (or at least trending that way). Think the character development that would have explained the Danerys fascist turn. I truly believe Rafe intends to payoff Veins of Gold in a big way.

4 minutes ago, Elder_Haman said:

I think you're wrong. Everything I've seen so far is that the series is going to lean very hard into the question of whether the Dragon is a savior or destroyer. Rand's arc is going to be central to the show - just like it is in the books.

On the other hand, be prepared to see Rand from the point of view of people who think he has gone insane. Be prepared for Rand to be credibly portrayed as evil (or at least trending that way). Think the character development that would have explained the Danerys fascist turn. I truly believe Rafe intends to payoff Veins of Gold in a big way.

I would be okay with this. I hope you're right!

25 minutes ago, TheMountain said:

I really don't think that the writers,  Rafe included, are as interested in Rand's arc as the other characters. He's been significantly nerfed and downplayed so far, I don't expect that to change all that much even now that the "whodunnit?" has been revealed.

consider that we see the first book mostly from rand's pow. in the show, we see mostly from moiraine's pow. this accounts for a lot of the tone shift from the books.

moiraine and lan seem more emotional and less stoic, but that's partially because we see their intimate moments where they let the guard down; in the book, from rand's perspective, we don't see that.

rand seem to have less importance, but it's not like in the books he was doing many more things. a lot of time he was just tagging along. but we still saw stuff from his perspective, we can't really forget him. in the show, when he's not doing anything important, he's not in the camera focus, and we forget him more easily.

not that they didn't shift some personalities a bit, but i believe the apparent effect caused by the shifting pow is greater than the actual change

On 12/10/2021 at 9:55 PM, ArrylT said:

A week later so I guess another IMDB update

Overall rating remains 75%.   Over 40k ratings, so still averaging 1K a day, and the percentage of 1/10 remains below 7.0 (but rounds up).

Episode 1 currently has 7883 ratings (7.5 average)

Episode 2 currently has 6466 ratings (8.1 average)

Episode 3 currently has 6317 ratings (8.0 average)

Episode 4 currently has 6401 ratings (9.0 average)

Episode 5 currently has 3572 ratings (7.8 average)

Episode 6 currently has 1592 ratings (8.0 average)

Another week later so I guess another IMDB update

Overall rating remains 75%.   Over 47k ratings (IMDB rounds up to 48k but 47 635+ when I checked), so still averaging 1K a day.

Episode 1 currently has 8573 ratings (7.5 average)

Episode 2 currently has 7062 ratings (8.0 average)

Episode 3 currently has 6920 ratings (7.9 average)

Episode 4 currently has 7138 ratings (8.9 average)

Episode 5 currently has 4566 ratings (7.7 average)

Episode 6 currently has 3800 ratings (7.8 average)

Episode 7 currently has 2026 ratings (8.6 average)

https://screenrant.com/most-expensive-amazon-prime-video-original-series/

If WOT is truly the number 1 show then it deserves a level up in budget just like the Boys season 2.  On the list of Amazon shows there are several shows (Goliath, The Boys, Man in the High Castle, Sneaky Pete, Crisis in 6, the Grand Tour), in the same 10 million episode ballpark budget as WOT.  Will be interesting to see what special privileges come of being the number 1 premier on Amazon all time.  One thing is sure, it will get more expensive and keeping eyeballs is of chief importance 

Edited by Pandemonium

On 12/18/2021 at 3:01 PM, ArrylT said:

Another week later so I guess another IMDB update

Overall rating remains 75%.   Over 47k ratings (IMDB rounds up to 48k but 47 635+ when I checked), so still averaging 1K a day.

Episode 1 currently has 8573 ratings (7.5 average)

Episode 2 currently has 7062 ratings (8.0 average)

Episode 3 currently has 6920 ratings (7.9 average)

Episode 4 currently has 7138 ratings (8.9 average)

Episode 5 currently has 4566 ratings (7.7 average)

Episode 6 currently has 3800 ratings (7.8 average)

Big drop in number of ratings for episode 5 & 6

I know it’s the biggest debut in prime but are the figures staying steady? 
I really hope so, I want season 3 and beyond. 

3 hours ago, Owayn The Traveller said:

Big drop in number of ratings for episode 5 & 6

I know it’s the biggest debut in prime but are the figures staying steady? 
I really hope so, I want season 3 and beyond. 

That is a good question - no idea on the # of streams

But the # of IMDB ratings is staying steady

Just from yesterday, its gone up from 47635 to 49128 in 36 hours (pretty much 1500) so still averaging 1k a day.

I am not always able to do a check at the exact same time each week but I try to visit 36-48 hours after the latest episode had dropped

Basically after 5 dropped

Episode 5 currently has 1396 ratings (8.2 average)

After 6 dropped

Episode 6 currently has 1592 ratings (8.0)

After 7 dropped (which was 39 hours after Thursday 7pm ET due to my timestamped post)

So it seems that the # of ratings in the time frame just after the episode dropped has been increasing these past few episodes - which would potentially indicate increased interest in those episodes.

5 hours ago, ArrylT said:

That is a good question - no idea on the # of streams

But the # of IMDB ratings is staying steady

Just from yesterday, its gone up from 47635 to 49128 in 36 hours (pretty much 1500) so still averaging 1k a day.

I am not always able to do a check at the exact same time each week but I try to visit 36-48 hours after the latest episode had dropped

Basically after 5 dropped

Episode 5 currently has 1396 ratings (8.2 average)

After 6 dropped

Episode 6 currently has 1592 ratings (8.0)

After 7 dropped (which was 39 hours after Thursday 7pm ET due to my timestamped post)

So it seems that the # of ratings in the time frame just after the episode dropped has been increasing these past few episodes - which would potentially indicate increased interest in those episodes.

This is reassuring. Thanks 

9 hours ago, JenniferL said:

Wheel of Time continues to be one of the most popular streaming shows in the US. 

https://www.mediaplaynews.com/wheel-of-time-tops-parrots-digital-originals-charts-for-third-week/

Wooohooo!!! That is great news! Although there are some parts of this adaptation I don't like, I am overall very pleased with season 1. I'm very happy that the series is still the most popular streaming show in the USA. 

3 hours ago, GanoesParan said:

Josha Stradowski on Rand accepting his destiny on The Wheel of Time

It is clear to me that Josha really understands Rand al`Thor. I am certain that he is the right choice to play one of my most favorite characters in fantasy fiction. 

He's currently on book 12 of the series? That's an interesting book for the actor playing Rand to be reading. (It is probably my favorite of the series.) I wonder what he'll think of it.