Jump to content

DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
SinisterDeath

What have you watched recently?

Recommended Posts

Nods been watching a lot of these series last few years

 

Also waiting on dr who to become avaliable, is up to season 10

 

Of course GoT but really looking forth to books there and geting the details from that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2019 at 3:54 PM, Liitha said:

nope

 

but has seen 

lucifer

sabrina

shadowhunters

grimm

merlin

once upon a time

timeless

terra nova

 

could go on but well i guess there is a theme here 😛

 

Of those I've only seen MerlinTerra Nova and seasons one of Once Upon a Time and Shadowhunters. Loved Merlin a lot and thought TN had promise for a second season but alas that wasn't to be. OUaT just wasn't for me, and while at times I dug Shadowhunters i just wasn't interested enough to go back for a second season (I am happy to see the awesome and supremely beautiful* Katherine McNamara costarring on Arrow now and a potential/planned spinoff show as well; just saw an interview with her and was astonished to find out she had her high school diploma at age 14! she could have done anything and chose acting of all things).

 

I do have plans to watch Sabrina at some point, when i can manage to get to it (so much other stuff to watch, as well as reading to do, writing, and then trying to be active online -- on forums like this, just not your typical Social Media outlets).

 

* Yeah, I'm 10% dirty old man, sue me.😛😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched crazy ritch asians tonite, decent watch, had its fun moments too.

 

@imlad yeah yeah sure

Edited by Liitha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Krakalakachkn said:

@SinisterDeathyeah dawg, one punch man is great.  Started Baki recentlh.  You ever watch RE:Zero?

I have not.

 

This weekend we just watched Daybreak on Netflix. I enjoyed it for the random comedy/action/drama show that it was. Had some interesting twists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried seasons 1 and 2 of Syfy's Van Helsing via Netflix.  Its just another Apocalypse series, only instead of zombie apocalypse its a vampire apocalypse.  But I stayed through it... I don't recommend it unless you're into cheesy fantasy.  I only watched it to have a means of shutting off the real world for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2019 at 4:45 PM, Liitha said:

Just watched crazy ritch asians tonite, decent watch, had its fun moments too.

 

@imlad yeah yeah sure

 

11% then... okay okay... 12%. :thom:

😎

 

8 hours ago, 2RiversFan said:

I tried seasons 1 and 2 of Syfy's Van Helsing via Netflix.  Its just another Apocalypse series, only instead of zombie apocalypse its a vampire apocalypse.  But I stayed through it... I don't recommend it unless you're into cheesy fantasy.  I only watched it to have a means of shutting off the real world for a while.

 

Ya know, I do on occasion enjoy a cheesy fantasy (Hercules or Xena anyone?), but in this case I feel like I dodged a bullet a couple years ago when I decided to pass on this show. I've developed a bit of a knack almost at that, picking which shows on SciFi Channel SyFy to avoid and which to watch. Of course, some of my favorite shows from that network actually are pretty cheesy fantasies, namely Warehouse 13 and Eureka (well, despite both taking place in the same universe, one is a fantasy and the other is a science fiction story; but then I personally consider Science Fiction to be a subgenre of Fantasy, if you separate the magical element from the definition of Fantasy and consider only the need for the "impossible or the improbable" or more along the lines of how the word "fantasize" is defined when defining "Fantasy" with that capital-F).

 

I think part of why I skipped this show is that I was worn out on vampires, yet what do I do a couple years later but watch The Vampire DiariesThe Originals and now Legacies (I'm a sucker, heh😎, for CW shows)! I used to live and breath vampires back in the 1990s and early 2000s, so I'm not surprised I had to get away from them for a while. The only reason I started watching tVD was because it was a CW and I had time to kill. And being a CW show, that 12% kicked in. Okay okay! It's 15%.:thom:

😎

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think warehouse 13 should had more episodes, liked that one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2019 at 4:28 AM, Liitha said:

Think warehouse 13 should had more episodes, liked that one

 

I was pretty upset when they announced the show was ending, as I really loved W13 a lot. At the time it was one of the few shows I actually watched (Eureka was another at that time). It was such an ingenous show in so many ways, I really hated seeing it leave the air. 

 

 

A show I just started watching is Watchmen on HBO. I never read the comics nor did I like the movie based on the comics (hated the movie in fact). But this show, only two episodes in, really has me hooked. Damon Lindelof is a damned fine storyteller, something I totally realised after the seriously underrated The Leftovers (a show too many people haven't watched).

Edited by imlad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing with the w13 with that setup it could run forever, just change the crew slowly to keep old viewers but renew it for new ones

 

Watched pitch perfect 3 tonite, just the medicine my tired brain needed after long week (its just been one thing after another for one or the other, or more of us in the department - so we all glad to sign out today)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Liitha said:

Watched pitch perfect 3 tonite, just the medicine my tired brain needed after long week 

 

I love all of the Pitch Perfect films. They're such absolute nonsense, very funny, and so easy to watch. Plus I really like Anna Kendrick, she has a naturally intelligent humour and a fine line in sarcasm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah was looking for entertainment which wouldnt need me to think, it worked perfect

 

Also *hands Tay tea and cookies*

Edited by Liitha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And tonite it was all hallow eve

 

Enjoyable enough movie with right theme for the season without going into scary genre

Edited by Liitha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every week, some of the shows my wife and I watch together are the new episodes of Grey's Anatomy, American Horror Story, Legacies, The Purge, The Walking Dead, Will and Grace, The Conners, and Station 19. We also enjoy the wildlife documentaries on BBC America and The Animal Planet. I'm also a big fan some of the cartoon comedies such as South Park, Family Guy, King of the Hill, American Dad, and The Simpsons. I LOVED seasons 1 & 2 of The Orville. However, my internet speeds ain't fast enough for me to subscribe to Hulu. Therefore, I sadly won't be able to watch any more seasons of The Orville. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2019 at 8:55 PM, Liitha said:

Also *hands Tay tea and cookies*

 

You realise I'm just going to follow you round the boards looking for tea and treats? lol

 

Finished binge watching Season 2 of Jack Ryan on Prime on Saturday and Sunday. Only 8 episodes so rather flew past. I'm very happy to say that it stood up to a comparison with Season 1; equally enjoyable, equally tense and emotional with a good twisty turny plot, great story telling. Fab casting again, great to see Anthony Head turn up in a bit part (for the Buffy and Merlin fans out there). Definitely on my list of must watch programmes now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2019 at 9:11 PM, Vambram said:

Every week, some of the shows my wife and I watch together are the new episodes of Grey's Anatomy, American Horror Story, Legacies, The Purge, The Walking Dead, Will and Grace, The Conners, and Station 19. We also enjoy the wildlife documentaries on BBC America and The Animal Planet. I'm also a big fan some of the cartoon comedies such as South Park, Family Guy, King of the Hill, American Dad, and The Simpsons. I LOVED seasons 1 & 2 of The Orville. However, my internet speeds ain't fast enough for me to subscribe to Hulu. Therefore, I sadly won't be able to watch any more seasons of The Orville. 

 

Speaking of Legacies I still can't figure out why Hope had Alaric burn all records and evidence of her at the end of last season. That only made it worse for her. She knew everyone would forget her, but having all those records and pictures would let them know there was someone they forgot, and who that someone was, so that her ::ahem:: legacy would live on. And oh boy is Alexis Denisof creepy af on this show!

 

17 hours ago, Taymist said:

 

You realise I'm just going to follow you round the boards looking for tea and treats? lol

 

Finished binge watching Season 2 of Jack Ryan on Prime on Saturday and Sunday. Only 8 episodes so rather flew past. I'm very happy to say that it stood up to a comparison with Season 1; equally enjoyable, equally tense and emotional with a good twisty turny plot, great story telling. Fab casting again, great to see Anthony Head turn up in a bit part (for the Buffy and Merlin fans out there). Definitely on my list of must watch programmes now.

 

How about fans of serialised coffee comercials? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tots, (leaves more tea, and walks of to hide cookies in another tread)

 

Also once upon a time watched dollhouse, and pondering rewatching it, anyone else seen it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, imlad said:

How about fans of serialised coffee comercials? 

 

 

Ha ha, I didn't think anyone outside the UK would be aware of the Gold Blend ads. They were seriously popular here. Him and Sharon Maughan... gosh, such a blast from the past. Very canny piece of advertising that was. 12 freaking installments too lol. 

 

*helps self to the tea* :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont watch much comercials these days, thats a good idea for a own tread though, post comercials worth watching here type thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2019 at 3:53 PM, Liitha said:

Tots, (leaves more tea, and walks of to hide cookies in another tread)

 

Also once upon a time watched dollhouse, and pondering rewatching it, anyone else seen it?

 

Joss Whedon's Dollhouse was pretty decent. I rather enjoyed it, and wish it had gotten at least once more season. Was really happy to see Tahmoh Penikett (Helo on Battlestar Galactica) get a leading role on a show when i first started watching (I was a big Helo fan; I also thought 15 years ago Tahmoh would have been a great Tallanvor, but he's aged out of that role now).

 

15 hours ago, Taymist said:

 

Ha ha, I didn't think anyone outside the UK would be aware of the Gold Blend ads. They were seriously popular here. Him and Sharon Maughan... gosh, such a blast from the past. Very canny piece of advertising that was. 12 freaking installments too lol. 

 

*helps self to the tea* :laugh:

 

Yep, those commercials ran here in the States when I was a wee lad (which is approximately 150 years ago at this point). Didn't recall what coffee brand they were pushing, nor who the female lead of those commercials was. I just remembered Head being in them because when I first saw Buffy I was like "Hey, I know that guy!"  

 

4 hours ago, Illian Tear said:

I dislike both tea and coffee 

 

All the more coffee for me!! ::slurpslurpslurp:: Me coffeemonster!

 

2 hours ago, Liitha said:

Dont watch much comercials these days, thats a good idea for a own tread though, post comercials worth watching here type thing

 

I rarely get exposed to commercials as most of the telly I consume is through an online streaming site like couchtuner or sockshare, or copies of episodes my mate hooks me up with a couple of times a week that he DLs, and those don't include the commercials. I don't even see the ads YouTube puts in front of videos since I use a downloader to DL all my YT shows to watch in VLC player, which gives me better controls than YouTube's controls do. I have to deal with the sales pitch the people in the videos do, but ::shrug:: oh well, they have to make some money too. I don't mind sitting through the ads that are paying "the little guy," but I hate sitting through them when they're helping the billion dollar corporations. Still, sometimes I will fast forward through the ones the content creator includes in their video, if at the beginning or in the middle, or if at the end I'll just quit the video before the ad gets much further. I mean, there is only so many times you can have NordVPN, Brilliant or Curiosity Stream pitched at you before you get totally sick of it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw the zoo little to much drama but had enough excitement to get trough it, started watching "the glitch" but felt it was to much drama, I really don't like dramas.. I feel a little intrigued by "manifest" but am afraid that to might be to big on drama, anybody saw it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopped on that AMC A-List membership.

 

3 movies per week for $23 a month.

 

BLAMMO

 

Now for reviews:

 

Went and saw the new Terminator: Dark Fate and found it to be a decent fun-to-watch action flick.  All power to the lady crew.

 

Went back yesterday and saw The Lighthouse.  Heavy on Greek mythology and weird as f***; Willem Dafoe and Edward Cullen do a stellar job in this slow-burn-mindf*** of a movie.  Beautifully shot in some sort of gray filter, the Eggers make a solid follow-up to their standout horror film, The Witch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2019 at 12:20 PM, imlad said:

 

Speaking of Legacies I still can't figure out why Hope had Alaric burn all records and evidence of her at the end of last season. That only made it worse for her. She knew everyone would forget her, but having all those records and pictures would let them know there was someone they forgot, and who that someone was, so that her ::ahem:: legacy would live on. And oh boy is Alexis Denisof creepy af on this show!

 

 

How about fans of serialised coffee comercials? 

 

 

From an in-character perspective, what Hope told Alaric to do before she disappeared in the last episode makes absolutely little sense at all to me. But, from the point of view of writers and producers, I like how it opened up the series for new ideas to spotlight story lines for the other main characters of the series. I am also giving a big thumbs up to Alexis Denisof. I am glad that he is in another supernatural drama because the character he played in the Buffy and Angel tv series was a very memorable one to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...