DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

After the end

So. At the end of the series, Rand gets a new body, and can go frolic wherever he pleases.

But, isn't that the body of a FORSAKEN? Why is there not a panic as the world tries to catch ISHAMAEL?

Also, as Elayne was the only one of Rand's lovers to actually get his kids before he got a new body, how do any of the other Dragon lineages get going? Maybe they just don't in this timeline, but if they did, how does anyone accept that?

43 minutes ago, TheSociopath said:

So. At the end of the series, Rand gets a new body, and can go frolic wherever he pleases.

But, isn't that the body of a FORSAKEN? Why is there not a panic as the world tries to catch ISHAMAEL?

Also, as Elayne was the only one of Rand's lovers to actually get his kids before he got a new body, how do any of the other Dragon lineages get going? Maybe they just don't in this timeline, but if they did, how does anyone accept that?

1. Nobody knows who Moridin is.

2. It's implied that Aviendha also got impregnated before Rand went to Shayol Ghul.

10 minutes ago, TheSociopath said:

I'm pretty sure that he's refered to as a forsaken at one point. Yes, nobody knows he's actually Ishamael. But, Nynaeve and Moiraine know that he's a forsaken, and neither of them are in on Rand's switch.

Nynaeve and Moiraine are the only ones who saw Moridin, and I wouldn't be so sure that they won't find out about Rand's switch. If Cadsuane could figure it out, then Moiraine and Nynaeve, of all people, would too.

24 minutes ago, TheSociopath said:

but when Rand leaves, they don't know, and I think they would start an uproar

The Dark One is sealed away, and Moridin's body could no longer channel. Perhaps they just didn't believe Moridin was a threat anymore.

I got another question:  whose body did Ishmael take?  For all we know, Rand could be out there in the body of a guy who was driving around the free candy wagon.

8 hours ago, solarz said:

The Dark One is sealed away, and Moridin's body could no longer channel. Perhaps they just didn't believe Moridin was a threat anymore.

How would they know it couldn't channel?

Ishamael is in Rand's body that took all the damage through the course of the series. The funeral that everyone thinks is Rand's, is in truth Ishamael's. It is how he could leave with only a small group knowing about it. It is also stated that anyone channelling the True Power or saidin at Shayol Ghul gets burned out. It is the one thing that stopped Demandred from killing Shaidar Haran in the LoC Prologue.

Edited by wotfan4472

• 3 weeks later...

One of the Asha'man know that's a forsaken, he mentioned something like it's not fair that one gets better as the dragon dies.  99.999% of the world has no idea what Moridin looks like and any DF who did is hardly going to shout it's a forsaken.  We can be pretty sure Cas isn't going to have the WT go after him.  

The DO had his guys go out and take Ishy's new body for his soul to be stuffed into.  Like all the forsaken stuffed into new bodies we have no idea how they were found or who they were before.  I am sure there were qualities that were sought.  Like Aran'gar had to be beautiful, Gren had to be super ugly.  They probably found a body for Moiridin that looked intimidating.   

1 minute ago, Sabio said:

One of the Asha'man know that's a forsaken, he mentioned something like it's not fair that one gets better as the dragon dies.  99.999% of the world has no idea what Moridin looks like and any DF who did is hardly going to shout it's a forsaken.  We can be pretty sure Cas isn't going to have the WT go after him.  

The DO had his guys go out and take Ishy's new body for his soul to be stuffed into.  Like all the forsaken stuffed into new bodies we have no idea how they were found or who they were before.  I am sure there were qualities that were sought.  Like Aran'gar had to be beautiful, Gren had to be super ugly.  They probably found a body for Moiridin that looked intimidating.   

It's a pretty good bet that if that happens, the Asha'man will mention it to somebody and I don't think Cads will be able to control the BT as well as the WT.

I think in the end it will come down to so few people knows what he looks like and so many will have other concerns over this one guy.  For me with all the dead and devastation I just think people are going to have other priorities for a time.  Nyn and Lan will be focusing on Malkier, the Borderlands are in pretty bad shape, Asha'man have to rebuild the BT, WT has to be fixed.  Not to mention both the WT and BT lost a lot of people.  I think it will simply come down to this lone guy will be low priority over the other issues people are facing.

Still only a handful of people even knows what he looks like and groups like the borderlanders have bigger concerns.  For all they know he is back in Shara when the survivors fled.  They would probably assume he used a gateway and is long gone.   So most the groups are going to want to rebuild.  

• 3 weeks later...

That's the thing, they decide to hunt him, how many people have any idea what he looks like though?  If he was forsaken he could easily change his appearance.  Only a handful of people have any idea what he looks like and we know Cas isn't going to order a hunt.

On 7/14/2018 at 10:20 PM, TheSociopath said:

sure, there'd be some leeway, considering that the giagantic battle that just happened, but, there isn't a chance that Rand wouldn't ever be hunted. While it could take a while, eventually, he'd be hunted down.

Like I said, only Moiraine and Nynaeve knew who Moridin was. They are also the people most familiar with Rand, so when they see how the Three are taking it chillax, they'll figure out in a minute something's up.

On 7/21/2018 at 6:10 PM, TheSociopath said:

in that case, I think Cas might still search him out in order to see if they can figure out just why it happened, what he can do now, how he can used in WT politics, etc.

She can try...

I think poor Cas is going to be miserable for awhile.  But Cas seems like the type to think Rand suffered enough and leave him be.  If she wanted to find him she might have his women watched to see if anything is going on.

Edited by Sabio

In Lords of Chaos, Nicola Fortells that that world done with battle, but battle not done with the world.  In the same book - and other books as well - there are mentions about Rand regarding how he needs to not die after the end of the battle.  Egewene Dreams that a man is lying in his deathbed but it is imperative that he not die, though there are songs being raised for the man's funeral and funeral pyre.

If RJ lived, I imagine that he would have dropped a tidbit or three about how Rand was supposed to do more/experience more after tLB.