DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Healing Training ?

Lih-Lyh

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was about to volunteer Emrin for this then I realised ...

Having Saidin / Asha'man / Sedai around probably makes traditional medic knowledge a bit unnecessary! :sad:

Thoughts on whether characters who channel would even benefit from a veteran medic's learned knowledge?

(Next thought was maybe a collaborative session could be informative/fun if others are interested in healing/medicine/ first aid etc...)

But wouldn't the channeling chars just ... feel... what was wrong with whoever they're healing, along with how to fix it?

Haha learning the reason why and more about the anatomy and herbs would be a good idea. Like if you can't channel and have to stay undercover :smile:

@Matalina ooh great post today I've got a feeling we are about to meet Adrim! 

Edited by Lih-Lyh

Yeah, we are @Lih-Lyh.  I had expected a wall of air in front of them or big enough Nox could at least move to, but hey I didn't specify and It's more fun this way.  I hadn't intended to start with the healing but that was just too perfect.

and @Cass I think it would be most excellent to learn that stuff.  Mat knew a lot about herbs even though she was a hardcore warrior.  I think Nox might actually learn something if your character were to teach his soldier.

3 hours ago, Cass said:

Thoughts on whether characters who channel would even benefit from a veteran medic's learned knowledge?

Having just finished reading aMoL, I can tell you categorically that it's still relevant! :laugh:

10 hours ago, Taymist said:

Having just finished reading aMoL, I can tell you categorically that it's still relevant! :laugh:

You finished!? How are you feeling now?

And I second this. What happens when a channeler is blocked from the true source or is stilled/gentled? They are crippled if they don't have practical skills and knowledge.

13 hours ago, Taymist said:

:ohmy:

You finished??? I'm jealous!!! And ooooh ???

And @Matalina and @Oddpositions ok, I'll dust Emrin off in early June after assignments :smile:

Everyone hit me up with medical things they think would be especially handy for their chars to learn?

6 hours ago, Oddpositions said:

You finished!? How are you feeling now?

Relieved that I finally read it. Sorry that it's over. It's like the closing of a chapter in my life. 

As far as the book itself and the storyline... disappointed to be honest.

@Taymist I liked it for what it was. I didn't like the Epilogue. I know there are no beginnings or endings to the wheel of time, but I would've loved if they pulled at Harry Potter and showed us things around Randland a few years after the Final Battle. Not everyone will agree with that, but that's how I feel. At least you still have DM :laugh:

@Cass I think the two wittle soldiers/dedicated now I think lol are ready to learn some healing.  I'll start the thread on Monday, feel free to drop in and teach a little field medic stuffage... Adrim has a small knowledge of herbs and such but not so much in the field medic arena so it'll be fun all around.

@Cass if you're dropping into the healing scene, Merdyn would like to know about binding wounds (if Emrin knows about that stuff.) Seeing Nox bleeding all over the place really shook him, and he'd like to prevent that from happening again with or without the One Power.

• 4 weeks later...

Hm. What I'm wondering now - are there females in that 4 white horse drawn carriage lol :laugh: on the other hand it's pride month so gay BTers is the way to go!

Ful's too young to be flirting with anybody male or female haha

lol if you'd not been his trainee Nox probably would have been flirting all over the place with both of you.  But he has his rules.

I'm sure there can be some ladies in the carriage... I mean nothing like a damsel in distress.

After Asha'man that's different. 

Adrim has a fondness for Nox, and Nox Adrim, but that's where the relationship stops.  Adrim's rules are far more strict on himself... no dalliances with "coworkers".  He and Nox have only spent one night together ever.