DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WT Timeline: Inconsistency & Correction Proposal (Attn: Kat, Taymist)

Jagen Sedai

In interest of cleaning up the timeline, I've gone through to do some suggestive corrections.

My suggestion, to keep everything tidy: Change the dates of reigns for these three Amyrlins to match the timeline bracket suggestions, instead of the other way around.

- “Corrected Dates of Reign” are my own numbers.

- “Timeline Discrepancy” is what is written on the official timeline as the Raising date. 

For the Age Bracket decisions to make sense (on who was Amyrlin when any age group character was raised to the shawl), then the following must be the dates for the Amyrlins' reign:

Kathana
"Sisters in the 90 - 210 Age Bracket are Raised to Sister under Kathana as Amyrlin."
Corrected Years of Reign: 790 NE - 910 NE

Timeline Discrepancy:
866 NE - Kathana Travelear is Raised to the Stole. Many Keepers. (Brown)

Parania
"210 - 280 Age Bracket are Raised to Sister under Parania as Amyrlin."
Corrected Years of Reign: 720 NE - 790 NE

Timeline Discrepancy:
817 NE - Parania Demalle is Raised to the Stole. (Gray) - 49 Year Reign

Zeranda
"Sisters in the 280+ Age Bracket are Raised to Sister under Zeranda as Amyrlin."
Corrected Years of Reign: ???-720 NE (the latest date she could possibly have served).

Timeline Discrepancy:
797 NE - Zeranda Tyrim is Raised to the Stole. (Brown)

Other Corrections: Push back the dates of all previous Amyrlins, but keep the same amount of years.

Thoughts? @Kathleen @Taymist

Edited by Jagen Sedai

Which Timeline are we correcting here? The WT timeline was never fully incorporated into the Official Timeline for various reasons. If these changes don't contradict any other events in the Official Timeline then I have no problem with it being updated.

Yes, Tay, it is the WT timeline only. I've already checked, and it will not touch upon RP stuff. :)

I'll change the dates and send it to.... I'm guessing @Kathleen has the access to the WT webpage, right?

Edit: I'll just post the 'corrected version' below.

Edited by Jagen Sedai

I realize a much simpler solution is sitting in front of me. Final proposed correction on the WT Timeline:

825 NE - Kathana Travelear is Raised to the Stole. Many Keepers. (Brown) - 161 Year Reign

• Change Kathana's beginning date of reign to 825; this explains the 'many Keepers' part, and sisters who are in that cusp of the first Age Bracket (90-210 ~ rounded to 175 years ago) were still raised under her as Amyrlin. Plus, this gives our famous Kathana a nice long, deserved reign :laugh:
  • Second, get rid of the all of the lines "Sisters in ___ Age Bracket were raised under ___". It causes confusion and doesn't add up to the other dates for other Amyrlins.

This also doesn't add or take any Amyrlins away from the official timeline, it just shortens Parenia's reign. :)

Moving Kath back makes sense. Honestly, the other Amyrlin's there are NPCs and have zero RP context anyway. 

Truth, it would be kinda nice to have that little hiccup of Amyrlins before the current one as well.. but then that too is complicated and I get why not.

I'll have a look at it when I have time on my hands *nods*

I am super busy atm with work, the kids and all these birthdays (it seems that everybody is born in march).

Now if someone is less busy than me, I won't mind having some help for this.

My next days off should be in April :tongue:

22 hours ago, Chaelca said:

I'll have a look at it when I have time on my hands *nods*

I am super busy atm with work, the kids and all these birthdays (it seems that everybody is born in march).

Now if someone is less busy than me, I won't mind having some help for this.

My next days off should be in April :tongue:

Chaelca I would love to help! I like doing Brownie things. Heehee

@Taymist : how can Jagen have an access ?

*jumps on the proposal* :biggrin:

I'd love to team up with Jagen on this (if you are all ok with it ofc)

Edited by Chaelca

I actually have a ridiculous amount of free time on my hands >_> And I like to keep mentally busy.

I also want to add in my Red Ajah Timeline project, to show you how I've modified (added stuff) to the WT Timeline and made note of all significant changes in the Red; also, I linked important WT RPs (whether they had Reds involved or not).

Red Ajah Timeline

Anddd if you wish to check, the work I've done for the Red Ajah welcome thread, to give an idea of my organization style: Red Ajah Info (and all the details I like to collect and note; it is finally done to my satisfaction).

So I suppose this is me trying to submit a resume :p

Edited by Jagen Sedai

If i had free time, i'd offer.. but in 2-3 weeks, that may drastically change. sooo.... 

Give Jagen things to do. Cause she'll do them anyway. *personally eyes the warders*

Did I tell you I once drew EVERY Aes Sedai in the books, up to book 9, for organization and identification purposes? >_> It was great and I loved them, I had like little digital cards for each one.... Alas, I dropped my hard-drive in 2009 and lost everything ... all my art, WoT writings, etc... :(

But, er, yes, I will do stuff. :p

3 hours ago, Taymist said:

If @Kathleen is ok with it, all you need to do is create a wordpress.com account. If you already have one, then you can register and log in HERE and let me know once you have so I can give you an editor role. 

I have logged in successfully. Same username as here :)

I can't see any reason why not. Never hurts to have a bit of an update. As long as you're fine with the WT having and using your work. Be sure to add a credit to yourself on the Credits page too.