DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Nyn Age

Sabio

According to the companion Nyn was born in 974 and Rand/Mat/Perin 978.  So at start of series she would be about 23.  But the books tell of her switching the boys as they grow up yet she is only 4 years older then they are?  Shouldn't she at least be in her late 20's?  Four years is not that big of a difference to be that protective of them.

From the way the series read, I thought that she was about 25, the boys almost 20, and Egwene 18-19.  Then we have Perrin's observation of Faille comparing her to his age in TDR, yet later she becomes younger and younger until Perrin is almost robbing the cradle with her.  

With Nynaeve, most wisdoms started in their mid-thirties from what I felt, and people didn't approve of one that much younger taking over, but she proved herself in her short tenure before running off herself, or her lack of returning.

in lord of chaos chapter 48 nynaeve tells tylin she's 26 years old,the time span

between eye of the world chapter 1 and lord of chaos chapter 48 is 21 months,

(using steven cooper wheel of time chronology),so in the beginning,nynaeve

is 24 years and 3 months old and she was born in 973ne not 974 ne(it's a mistake).

rand is 19 years and 4 months old almost 5 years younger than nynaeve.

Edited by jack of shadows

Just seems like not that big of an age gap to be discipling other children by switching them.  I mean if she is 4 or 5 years older, who gives a 15 year old permission to run about switching their kids.  Or if she was 20 and they were 15 or so, that seems a bit old for switching.