DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Recommendations in LA?

randomh3r0

San Diego - Hotel del Coronado is a class act - go there for breakfast so you can better appreciate its locale and architecture. I don't really know San Diego very well, but I always wanted to go sea kayaking. Of course, you'd have to do THAT in the daytime.

http://blog.sandiego.org/2012/04/kayaking-caves-san-diego-la-jolla/

How long will you be in SF? Maybe you'd like to walk across the Golden Gate Bridge? Very nice, if it's not foggy. Nicer in the day, and not as cold. It WILL be cold. Have a drink at the Top of the Mark for a fabulous city view. (Mark Hopkins Hotel). Lots of GREAT restaurants in SF. Take a visit to North Beach for Italian or to visit the City Lights Bookstore.

LA - You need a car. Rent a car. Splurge - get a convertible. Have you been in LA before? It's been quite warm here. Do you like the beach? You can go to Santa Monica Place, have a lovely lunch and do a little high end shopping, then walk the 3 blocks to the beach and play in the surf. I mean, it's, like 90 degrees today, dude, probably 70's at the beach.

Work permitting? lol

Best thing to do is pick up a free copy of the LA Weekly, which lists all events. Or go online:

http://www.laweekly.com/calendar/

They also do restaurant reviews.

Which neighborhood are you going to be working out of?

San Diego is day 1, and I'll probably head to LA right after my meeting. I expect to have about 3 evenings free there. Company is renting me a car already, and I haven't been to LA for about 15 years (I was 14). San Fran I've been to before more recently and for longer, so I think I can find fun there.

Thanks for the tips though, exactly what I want!

yer welcome. What L.A. neighborhood will you be in - or are you going to be moving around a lot?

BTW, it takes about 2-1/2 hours to drive from from San Diego to LA. If this was summer, I'd suggest you take the drive along the Coast... but if you're leaving in the evening, well ... it's not so scenic when it's dark...

When you're in Glendale, go to Porto's Bakery on Brand. It's a Cuban place. Best pastries in the area, very reasonable, coffee and Cuban sandwiches are also available. You won't regret it. Get a slice of mango cake, or opera cake (my favorites!) This is best for lunch. For dinner, Damon's Steakhouse is a blast from the past, complete with Tiki Tiki deco. Get a mai tai and a steak, you'll be a happy camper.

Not familiar with Garden Grove. I know it's near Anaheim, which is the home of Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm, both of which are open in the evening, but I'm not sure how late. Also the Anaheim Ducks hockey team (is it hockey season?)

Your best bet for music is the listings in the Weekly.

A museum near Glendale is in Pasadena: the Norton Simon Museum has a fine collection.

Norton Simon is an excellent art museum. also several history museums in Los Angeles proper at exposition park which is right by the LA Coliseum. I'm not sure how late they stay open however. It has been too long for me to be ableto recommend any restaurants but there are a TON of them.

Garden Grove is close to both Knott's and Disney. But weekdays the sites have them only open until 6 and 8 respectively. The NHL is on strike so no hockey. There are some other music sites out in that area iirc. The grove at orange I believe has a few live music places within a group of restaurants and clubs I think.

chuckles sneaked in behind TRL while he was talking to jani, after jani left, chuckles followed the lightie a bit and using classic techniques attacked the lightie behind his back, and he weaved a complex weave that he heard was called "illusion", he saw the lightie look around and then grunt in pain and laughed, the lightie thought he was being attacked by a

172877%20-%20animated%20pinkie_spy%20Pink_Unicorn%20rare.gif

he left the scene and reported back to his mistress

Lol.. Or fodder for the comic strip.

I would just destroy them with the OP if left to my own devices :)

But then I would have to destroy you, and then Tress would have to destroy me, and then Turin would have to destroy Tress.

It would all get very messy.

*gets some deckchairs out and a sun parasol*

Perhaps a minion could bring some drinks.

Archived