DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Your top 5 Semirhage look-alikes: could they have played her?

Elgee

http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Semirhage:

Semirhage, previously known as Nemene Damendar Boann, was one of the thirteen Forsaken who were trapped at Shayol Ghul due to the Dragon's sealing.

Semirhage was among the most prominent Restorers, or healers, in the Age of Legends, and even before turning to the Shadow she was known to be cruel, often needlessly causing people extra pain when Healing them. Among the Forsaken she was the most depraved and sadistic, known for her unsurpassed skill with torturing and the pleasure she took in it, and she was in general the one people were most afraid to fall into the hands of for that reason. According to Graendal, Semirhage was utterly corrupt even before her conversion to the Shadow

Appearance:

She was slender and taller than most men, yet so proportional that her height was not striking when she did not stand next to other people. She had a beautiful charcoal-black face with large black eyes and full lips. She had short wavy hair. She was believed by the other Forsaken to have always dressed in black because Lanfear always dressed in white, though none of them were ever willing to say it directly to her.

The biggest problem with "casting" for Aes Sedai, is the ageless look, which makes "casting" the Forsaken so exciting, because we can ignore that restriction.

One would think that would make things easier, and perhaps it does for the others, but I'm finding it extremely difficult to come up with 5 actresses whom I think could do justice to Semi. It really would take an extraordinary actress to play the Lady of Pain, and then finding one amongst those who still matches the description of her (I'm very insistent on that point) is ... well ... I found 4. 5, if I include Basel's pick.

I'm really looking forward to see what other people come up with for Semirhage!

My top five (1 being the most perfect fit) would be:

5) Basel's choice - I'll let him post is :)

4) Nikki Amuka-Bird:

latest?cb=20140622120147&path-prefix=ruimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSil1NHlmusgjDgfjkcRY5

3) Christine Adams:

2075674.jpg

2) Iman (purely on looks - her shape is exactly how I imagine Semi):

2a6e611f9beb39b993e8cdc5faee6a9f.jpg

david-bowie-birthday-card-beautiful-iman

And my no 1 has always been ... Naomi Campbell :P:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTY_XmR0-TMDE6kSxCruZr

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoZiGkTbVVj_anuhWWO9Mimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEh2Yu33zCs99Awmqmw00

Well, when I read Semi scenes, I find myself imagining Grace Jones as May Day in A View to a Kill. Often when I read a book, I imagine younger versions of current performers, making my casting ideas not very feasible. This pic is more than 30 years old.

post-19193-0-18114400-1465144839_thumb.jpeg

960.jpg

My first realistic choice would be Jada Pinkett Smith. She doesn't quite have the height, but actors can be made to look taller. This isn't an absolutely essential thing anyway. What she does have is the right attitude and personality. Watching her on Gotham as Fish Mooney shows me that she carries herself in that role just like Semi, and I really think she'd pull it off.

Michonne would be my next choice.

Well, when I read Semi scenes, I find myself imagining Grace Jones as May Day in A View to a Kill. Often when I read a book, I imagine younger versions of current performers, making my casting ideas not very feasible. This pic is more than 30 years old.

attachicon.gifMayday.jpeg

960.jpg

My first realistic choice would be Jada Pinkett Smith. She doesn't quite have the height, but actors can be made to look taller. This isn't an absolutely essential thing anyway. What she does have is the right attitude and personality. Watching her on Gotham as Fish Mooney shows me that she carries herself in that role just like Semi, and I really think she'd pull it off.

Michonne would be my next choice.

YES TO THAT ^^^^

Archived