DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Avi's Kids

Ilyena

That would be somewhat... incestuous. Far from being his own grandfather' date=' rand would be his own father...

I don't see Avi allowing herself to be raped. I mean that chick is pretty bad ass, and fairly damn strong in the power. She'd not be an easy target.

Additionally, Wolfsbane, on Mierin and the drilling of the bore, the guy she was working with was named Biedomon, nad they were heading up a group of researcher who were looking for a source that both men and women could channel, rather then them having to use seperate halves. They thought they found that in the Dark Ones power, which they detected outside of reality, so they gathered, linked, and through the old method driled a hole through the fabric of reality. A specific quote would be...

"Mierin had said today was the day, she had found a new source for the One Power. Female Aes Sedai and male would be able to tap the same source, not seperate halves. What men and women could do united would be even greater, now there were no differences. And today she and Beidomon would tap it for the first time - the last time men and women would work together using a different Power. Today."

As for Faile, i totally missed that. Do you have any quotes?

Just to clarify for those who may not know. Mierin is Lanfear's name before she went over to the shadow.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That seems to me to be a prediction that Faile WILL drop subtle clues, not that she has, and there is no subsidiary evidence to back that claim up. Additionally you will note that the rest of the prediction didn't come true either.

The Faile being pregnant think makes no sense. if she is pregnant, she would have morning sickness all the time. She would also be getting pretty big by now, since she was taken from perrin before Elayne got pregnant. So if she is pregnant, she would be carrying rolan's kids, but they never did it.

I don't think Faile is pregnant. The offspring storyline will be reserved for Rand.

What is AMoL going to consist of? A stream of pregnancies, one revealed after the other?

Elayne. Min? Avi?

I could buy that, but then you add Faile?

What about Tuon? Berlain? Siuan? Morgase?

Moiraine???!!!

I can't think of anything more lame.

My understanding was that Faile's pregnancy was already revealed.. Though I'm having great difficulty (as a consequence of supreme laziness) locating it.

That a "stream of pregnancies" would be lame, I would agree.. But there's a fundamental truth- women get pregnant, shocking, I know- and maybe that amid the carnage and death of TG, some new life could.. Oh I don't know.. possibly come out of it?

Rand being resurrected would be more lame than the children living on to start a new world where the DO did not exist (for now) and the male and female channelers were equals.. and all that happy crap.

Adding on a 'slippery-slope' fallicy with girls getting pregnant made me stop listening to you too, so try and cut that out of your debating skill repetoire..

I remember Faile making suggestions to her bearing Perrin a son.. Though it's been awhile.. Even if it was only in PoD, Elayne hasn't been preggers nearly as long (and she's showing it.. and insane.. again, send 'er some Haagen Daaz), so even I, Wolfsbane, am questioning its merit.

Maybe a thread should be dedicated to uncovering whether or not our wolfie-friend is a father to be or not, because rereading everything when Faile talks is a little over boring.

If Moiraine gets pregnant from Thom, hey, more power to the Gleeman. My judgement on the WoT series isn't going to be decided because a bunch of the girls get knocked up. We appreciate opinions, hell it's yours right, but proof is listened to. I'll listen to evidence supporting either side, but how you feel and how the series will end up- could be two VERY different things.. Can't please 'em all, right?

So some educated discussion of the facts, s'il vous plait?

Yup, that's all from me

bon soir

Wolfs

I believe that unless I've missed some paragraph or odd remark, which is quite possible, that Faile has not revealed being pregnant.

Also, I doubt she is, since I assume it would be Perrin's and they haven't really had the opportunity as of late, with the whole Shaido thing.

As regards to Thom/Moiraine, I dont think they are a) Young enough, and b) really looking for a kid. Cant see Moiraine "getting knocked up" as you say.

Plus' date=' I don't think Min can see auras around herself.[/quote']

She saw that Rand was going to fall in love with three women and she was one of the. The question is was that Rand's or her own aura? Maybe she has her own but is reluctant to share them so as not to get further dragged into other's plots.

Plus' date=' I don't think Min can see auras around herself.[/quote']

She saw that Rand was going to fall in love with three women and she was one of them. The question is was that Rand's or her own aura? Maybe she has her own but is reluctant to share them so as not to get further dragged into other's plots.

she saw that three women would fall in love with rand and that she was one of them.

she spends ages agonising over knowing she loves him, or will love him, and not being able to tell if he reciprocates or not.

so that vision is about him, she just happens to feature

• 1 month later...

I've always thought that they would be born with the dragons on their arms, the first people to get them without going to Rhudien, making them new clan chiefs of the post last battle aiel, and from now on that's how clan chiefs will be chosen, if they are born with the marks, and I think one of the wise ones who is pregnant (I forgot who) will have kids with the marks to, ensuring enough clan chiefs, possibly also making the first female clan chiefs.

hmmm.... haven't really heard any theories here I like other than the oddness having to be something that will be noticed at an early age.

I think Avi will have 4 kids her self. And this has nothing to do with "super sperm" people. Sperm has nothing to do with multiple births, there are a very large number of sperm always (unless the guy isn't very fertile). Multiple births have to do with the female releasing more than one egg that month or identical babies (the fertilized egg splits). For four babies at once it's likely to be identicals, possibly two eggs that both spilt, for two sets of twins. Sorry but reading "super sperm" or and over was bugging me as a biology person.

Don't buy the reincarantion thing either. Not that it isn't possible in Randland I just don't see it happening. RJ won't kill them all off. And don't know how RJ works the reincarantion thing but they might need to be dead before conception to be eligible for rebirth. But who knows.

I don't think Faile is pregnant. I sorta remember the conversation that lead to the idea of her being pregnant though. I remember it more of her simply having a secret from Perrin she didn't think she could tell him yet. That was more likely about her fake-aiel being her spies.

hmmm... I think I had more but I've forgotten....

Sorry just to present doubts but I really have no theory of my own.

• 1 month later...

Hi! I'm kinda new here and was just looking around.

Even though I must admit that Avi's kid aer unlikely to be the reincarnation of Rand and some others, I believe that somewhere in the book(KOF I think), he went through the ter'angreal and was told that if he was to live he has to die again. Maybe this is what was meant.

Another possibility is that maybe Avi's babies have a special future like playing a large part in rebuilding the world after the Last Battle or something like that.

The point on getting Aviendha getting raped was utter crap(no offense).

a) She is fully capable of defending herself, not to mention with the protection of being in company with so many Wise Ones.

b) Min will not say something unless she is absolutely certain about it, therefore it must be Rand's babies.

Guest cwestervelt

I know this has been said before, but why can't people accept the simple fact that 4 healthy babies at one time is enough for Min to consider it odd.

Winter's Heart Chapter 12: "A Lily in Winter"

Min wondered whether to tell her what she had seen while they were all together. Aviendha would have Rand's babies, too. Four of them at once! Something was odd about that, though. The babies would be healthy, but still something odd. And people often did not like hearing about their futures, even when they said they wanted to. She wished soumend could tell her whether she herself would...

The word "that" is a pronoun. It can only be used when the subject is non-ambiguous. In this case it can only refer to the previous statements. The number of healthy babies at one time is what Min think's is odd. She's a little distracted, by what is coming throught the bond with Elayne and Rand. This is evidenced by her own thoughts concerning her blurting out about Elayne getting pregnant. As a result of her not being entirely coherent the fact that 4 babies at one time is not a normal occurrance isn't really registering on her. Even today, you can consider 4 babies in at one time "odd". It is an odd enough occurence that it doesn't even get it's own statistical category.

US birth rate statics from the Center for Disease Control (CDC):

2001: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/statab/natfinal2001.annvol1_29.pdf

Live Births: 4,025,933

Twins: 121,246 or 3.0116%

Triplet and higher: 7,471 or 0.1856%

1996: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/mvsr/supp/mv46_11s.pdf

Live Births: 3,891,494

Twins: 100,750 or 2.5890%

Triplet and higher: 5,939 or 0.1526%

I included 1996 because that same year, it was noted that there was a dramatic increase in multiple births and that it was related to an increase in people receiving fertility treatments. Aviendha probably just discovers a Randland's first fertility treatment.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/98news/natal96.htm

The report also documents a dramatic increase in multiple births to an unprecedented high, due in part to the increased use of fertility enhancing therapies and to the shift in delayed childbearing. The number of live births in triplet, quadruplet, quintuplet and other higher-order multiple deliveries rose 19 percent in a single year between 1995 and 1996 and was up 344 percent just since 1980. In 1980, there were just over 1,300 higher-order multiple births compared with an all-time high of 5,939 in 1996. Over that time, the rate jumped from 37.0 births per 100,000 women to 152.6 per 100,000. The rate of twin births has increased but less dramatically, up 4 percent in 1996 from the previous year and 37 percent from 1980.

Ummm..... Ye-ah... Riiiiiiight....

I still say Avi will not have any children herself. Min and Elayne will both have twins and Avi will feel the birth pains as if they were her own via their link, thus giving birth to four children but with something "odd" about the births. odd being that she didn't physically have any children.

Claiming that the oddity is simply the fact that Avi is having 4 kids is, in my opinion, not giving RJ his due credit.

Strange how she saw Elayne only having two kids, not four as well. 2 natural and 2 thru this "theory" of yours.

Avi will have the kids. They will be different. You don't say 'odd' twice, if it was just about the four being born.

And how lame.

I liked the theory that Demandred could have come to Avi, in the flows disguise as Rand, and doing the naughty as revenge against Rand/LTT for: Ileyena, being superior, all that jazz.

Isn't she near some of the places people hypothesized were where Dem could be?

Somehow I'm still holding out that Faile is pregnant, didn't lose it during the Aiel situation, and that it's gonna look like Perrin when it's not born (and not Rolan).

-wolfs

Archived