DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How fast is the new DM?

Jason Denzel

will you join in this crazy escapade of the spam..for thake, it doth be written in the holy book of spam  

110 members have voted

1. 1. will you join in this crazy escapade of the spam..for thake, it doth be written in the holy book of spam

• SPAM
    • SPAM
    • SPAM
    • yes we can do this *insert your own battle cries here*
    • we're so gone get there or die spaming
    • ..no..for reasons..(i really cant think of any so youll have to tell me)
    • break out the weapons, cos the fiddles army is coming
    • *whispering* (do you really think he'll make it to 9 options)<oh i dont know. whats for tea bessie?>[hot pot maud]{luvly jubbly}
    • no, but then im a not a spammer what do i know/ i r beein contrary mary like

It seems fast' date=' although I'm sure there are less people around at the moment than usually in the old DM...[/quote']

What she said. Though I wasn't at the old DM much and when I was, it was sort of slow or didn't load... lol. I like the phpBB forums... we use them for my WoW guild too.

Edit: I know you're working on stuff, but wanted to mention that the Forum Options and ad boxes at the right are overlapping the forums. :?

Hmmm, it wasn't doing it before. It just started. It probably is the problem since I'm at 1280x960, but that's the only way I like my res. The other ones just never seem right. :(

Edit: I changed the res to 1280x1024 to try it. It still overlaps for me, so I dunno...

I am going to wait a few weeks before I vote...so then I can get a look at how things are running when there are more threads and people around, especially now the RPers have returned. That way, I feel a truer reflection of the upgrade will be given.

However, I am impressed with the speed at the moment. Plus it will be interesting when I go back to slooooooooow dial up next week when I go home from university and my fast Broadband connection...

Judging by your ignorant answer Maj I assume you have a 1024/860 or godforbid an ancient 800/600 setting.

It makes a world of difference,....

I spent 1199$ on a new 21 inch flatscreen plasma monitor. only to have to adjust myslef to the size the 100$ ones permit...

Guest Majsju

You assume very, very wrong.

I might have misjudged the size though, forgot that I was using the wrong browser. Never trust microsoft crap...

Jhaenera how many inches is your Screen. If it is only 17 inch, put it on 1024x860 ASAP, you might be burning out the monitor.

19 inch is made for 1200x800 setting.

Or what grafic card you have. Also which driver version supporting the card, maybe you need to update it.

I am having no problems with overlapping and I am on a 17inch iBook. All is looking good so far, but as I said earlier, I will decide on the speed at a later date when there is more information on the server etc etc.

Jhaenera how many inches is your Screen. If it is only 17 inch' date=' put it on 1024x860 ASAP, you might be burning out the monitor.

19 inch is made for 1200x800 setting.

Or what grafic card you have. Also which driver version supporting the card, maybe you need to update it.[/quote']

I'm on a 19" with the res set at 1280x960. I changed it back from 1280x1024 (not that that's a huge difference anyway) when I saw it didn't changed anything with the overlapping. I lean back from the comp (and recently had Lasik) so I like the rez a tad big, but not huge or anything... lol. My vid card is a Radeon 9800 series and I just did an update after I read your post since I hadn't done one in a couple months. Didn't change anything, but worth a try. Thanks for the ideas though. :)

I was looking at monitors b/c I couldn't recall my size for a sec... lol, and I can't believe how much some of the flatscreens are. I guess 1k isn't all that much for them... haha. :lol:

Corki, what rez do you use on a 17"? Strange that you're not having any overlapping. I'm just cursed... I swear I always have problems like this... lol. doh.gif

Hmmm, thanks Corki...

*wants to know where Jhaenara is getting her emoticons...* :D

Hahaha... I'm a dork. I use them from my Photobucket gallery. They're the ones used in Yahoo messenger and/or on another site I post at. I D/Led a few that I love and just keep open that photobucket gallery while I post and use the IMG tag for the one I want.

Anyone's welcome to use the ones I have up if they don't feel like setting any up:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v297/Rheannan/Misc/

More icons can be added to here by the admins. We use the same froums for my gaming guild and my friend added a bunch of my faves... lol. Not that I want them to do that. There's so much they're busy with. :)

mischief.gif <--- I use this face 98% of the time because I'm a mischevious bisha... lol.

Ok then maybe your pc is virused. Also are you using a flatscreen? Maybe you changed a few options in the res setttings too strongly that the screen cannot handle it without overlapping and blurring when you scroll.

Is it only this site or everything that is overlapped?

• Community Administrator

I my self am getting annoyed by that side ad... Covers up the last person to reply. Im running at 1280x1024.

Now the question is, the people not experiencing this are you using Ie explorer? Or are you using the browsers?

Guest Majsju

It was messed up for me until I realized I was using Explorer. A quick change to Mozilla and everything looks fine.

Archived