DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How fast is the new DM?

Jason Denzel

will you join in this crazy escapade of the spam..for thake, it doth be written in the holy book of spam  

110 members have voted

1. 1. will you join in this crazy escapade of the spam..for thake, it doth be written in the holy book of spam

• SPAM
    • SPAM
    • SPAM
    • yes we can do this *insert your own battle cries here*
    • we're so gone get there or die spaming
    • ..no..for reasons..(i really cant think of any so youll have to tell me)
    • break out the weapons, cos the fiddles army is coming
    • *whispering* (do you really think he'll make it to 9 options)<oh i dont know. whats for tea bessie?>[hot pot maud]{luvly jubbly}
    • no, but then im a not a spammer what do i know/ i r beein contrary mary like

Just a heads up for all Opera users, the menu at the top overlaps with the logo (Main, Forums, Gallery, ect). It's working with Firefox, though.

It's not that bad, and I can't wait for Opera to release their DS web browser so I can go to these forums at any time.

Aha... it's IE' date=' eh? Well crap, I've used IE a long time and am sooo used to it. [/quote']

Ah, that would explain it on mine, too... Except that I'm not going to change anything to fix it. *wry grin* It's not so bothersome that I want to go to that much effort, and besides, I'm sure eventually it'll be tweaked to not do that.

Also, I wonder if my Avatar works... *goes to post and see*

Internet Explorer has problems rendering CSS properly. SUPPOSEDLY, IE 7 will fix this, but I don't count on it.

I have personally verified that this site renders properly, at full screen, on Firefox, Safari, Konqueror, Epiphany and Galeon.

This site renders horribly in text based browsers, but hey, we didn't design it for that. This site also doesn't render well on mobile phones.

If you're still having problems with one of the browsers I mentioned (most are Linux browsers, except Firefox and Safari but those are the most likely to be used, actually) please send a screenshot to me - kevin@foreverdean.info and I'll see if I can help troubleshoot.

I was using IE earlier today while I was on DM in my university departmental common room, and didn't seem to have any problems! I was slightly disappointed not to experience, I will add!

I have IE and have not noticed any problems. And I never even have my IE window full-size.

Now then, a note for the Avatar police:

I'm on a couple other messageboards that automatically check the size of a proposed avatar when you go to upload it. Of course, those boards don't allow remotely linked avatars. Still, you would think the feature might be there, since the link must be verified, you would think the ability to read the metadata and extract the size would be essentially the same as when checking an uploaded file...

Just trying to save you guys the trouble of hunting down everyone with illegally sized avatars... :wink:

I'm fairly sure that DM does allow remotely linked avatars. I'm hosting mine on my server, not on the DM server.

Also, phpBB DOES allow size corection, I'm just nto sure if we have it enabled. I'm not sure if it uses metadata, but the function is still there. :-)

I'll see if there is a reason it isn't active.

Matlina corrected something in the CSS, and it is rendering the way we intended it to.

But Firefox still rocks. :-)

Archived