DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

World's End Mafia - town wins comprehensively

Pralaya

Zander, excluding the alt game we literally haven't towned together since April Fools... what's your approach as town, do you read people as a whole or on an individual post basis?

I find this question a little pointless because regardless of the fact if we've towned together, you've just seen how I Town in Nightmare but I will still certainly answer your question my dear.

WRECK THE WOLVES LIVES....HARD

I tend to use Meta as large part of my reads.  I will read things as a whole; but can change if something pings me (ie EoD in Nightmare for you and AJ :wink: )  But I'll be honest and others will prolly mention it as well (im pretty sure Cory already did this game).  I find strange things that set me off on people that most people, dont notice or doesn't make sense to them. But it certainly does work.

Let me know if theres anything else youre looking for BFG!!!!!

I don't understand you as a player and have misread you in pretty much every game I've been town in. I also don't really take meta from games I'm mafia in as I read the game differently.

Ok, your argument with Sooh where you talk about her being worried about you, Cory, Pizza over Besie, hence shouldn't she be blocking you guys... in her reads she has you and Cory as town so why would she want to block you? Pizza would be valid, maybe. Hence wondering if you read on a post by post basis as the argument seems theoretical rather than grounded in this game.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zander, excluding the alt game we literally haven't towned together since April Fools... what's your approach as town, do you read people as a whole or on an individual post basis?

I find this question a little pointless because regardless of the fact if we've towned together, you've just seen how I Town in Nightmare but I will still certainly answer your question my dear.

I tend to use Meta as large part of my reads.  I will read things as a whole; but can change if something pings me (ie EoD in Nightmare for you and AJ :wink: )  But I'll be honest and others will prolly mention it as well (im pretty sure Cory already did this game).  I find strange things that set me off on people that most people, dont notice or doesn't make sense to them. But it certainly does work.

I don't understand you as a player and have misread you in pretty much every game I've been town in. I also don't really take meta from games I'm mafia in as I read the game differently.

Ok, your argument with Sooh where you talk about her being worried about you, Cory, Pizza over Besie, hence shouldn't she be blocking you guys... in her reads she has you and Cory as town so why would she want to block you? Pizza would be valid, maybe. Hence wondering if you read on a post by post basis as the argument seems theoretical rather than grounded in this game.

Blocking?????  What????? I don't get it???!!

The point I was making was that Sooh said something like Besie using her cunning to deceive or hurt Town something like that as part of her reason for sussing Besie.  I said it was strange that using that argument she chose to use it against Besie as opposed to me or Cory or Pizza who have deceived Town as Scum and wrecked it. (ie Matrix for me and Cory). 

And as far as Meta I think I proved that with Tab in Nightmare its a pretty effective tool for hunting Scum imo.

The point I was making was that Sooh said something like Besie using her cunning to deceive or hurt Town something like that as part of her reason for sussing Besie.  I said it was strange that using that argument she chose to use it against Besie as opposed to me or Cory or Pizza who have deceived Town as Scum and wrecked it. (ie Matrix for me and Cory). 

And as far as Meta I think I proved that with Tab in Nightmare its a pretty effective tool for hunting Scum imo.

??? I have no problem using meta and use it myself

As I read it Sooh said that she'd block Besie as she has the potential to be cunning as mafia

You asked why not you, Cory or Pizza instead of Besie, all of whom can be cunning.

Sooh said something like why wouldn't Bessie be cunning

And the conversation sort of derailed from there.

The point is that Sooh is town reading you and Cory, so regardless of how cunning you can be, she's unlikely to choose to block you, a town read.

So asking why she wouldn't block you (and Cory) seems theoretical as the answer should be obvious. Pizza is excluded from this, as she's got him in orange as well.

??? I have no problem using meta and use it myself

As I read it Sooh said that she'd block Besie as she has the potential to be cunning as mafia

You asked why not you, Cory or Pizza instead of Besie, all of whom can be cunning.

Sooh said something like why wouldn't Bessie be cunning

And the conversation sort of derailed from there.

The point is that Sooh is town reading you and Cory, so regardless of how cunning you can be, she's unlikely to choose to block you, a town read.

So asking why she wouldn't block you (and Cory) seems theoretical as the answer should be obvious. Pizza is excluded from this, as she's got him in orange as well.

There was nothing about Blocking in what we were talking about.  It was strictly from her reads list.

It was the reason and who she choose that made me question it.  Nothing to do with blocking.

Sounds good.

Let's try to get inside each other's head.

Maybe with some hypotheticals?

Hypothetically if you had a roleblock who would you block tonight as of right now?

I would block Dice. He's not really a suspect of mine but that's part of the problem, I don't have a good read on him. Other than arguing he's been kind of low key this game and he also has very good instincts with night powers. I also don't see many others calling him town just quite yet which gives me pause because Dice is one of those players who usually gets townread early or it doesn't happen at all.

I think I would block Besie. She's someone I don't trust at this point in the game, and I think she's cunning enough if mafia to create serious problems for town. 

Where do you stand on Pizza? If you have said I apologize. I don't recall off the top of my head.

Again with this type of I KNOW AND UNDERSTAND BESIE'S Scum game remark.  Again I dont feel that that is really possible for you to do.   Also the cunning enough comment is quite interesting coming from you considering Cory, Pizza and myself are in this game and have ALL proven we were cunning enough to create serious problems for town.  I know you love Besie and we both do know how smart she is but do you HONESTLY feel shes more likely to do this then say one of the 3 of us or someone more experienced in this game.

Im really finding the merits of your case against Besie very weak....they seem almost manufactured to me.  Like perhaps youre picking a target you feel may be easy pickings for you.

No, I don't know and understand Besie's scum game, but I do know and understand Besie just a little bit. I am giving her a friggin compliment here. I know she can be cunning if she wants to be, and I feel fairly certain that she'll be a formidable force to recon with as mafia in the future and perhaps even now.

I don't understand why you're suggesting she's easy pickings. She's no easier than anyone else in my books, and I have never condemned her. Heck I didn't even place a vote on her. 

Your defense of her is starting to bug me. You don't need to be her knight in shining armor. I think it will be better for both her and you if you let her defend herself instead of doing it for her.

I wasnt implying that you were being mean. about the cunning comment I was simply pointing out the flaw with your logic.  Like I said if you were truly concerned with someone being cunning and hurting town there are much more logical people in this game currently that I feel Town!Sooh would be MORE worried about, who Ive also mentioned.

I also feel very certain she will become a force to be reckoned with in the not too distant future as well.

The easy picking comment should be straight forward as newer players tend to be considered "Low Hanging Fruit" for the most part and you are well aware of this.

If my defense is starting to bug you that is a good thing my dear cause it leads me to believe im calling the right things out on your "case" of my top town read.  I lololololol'd at the Knight in Shining Armor comment because you know damn well know Ill defend just about anyone for just about anything if I disagree with it or just plain don't like it.  I most certainly will let her defend herself as she sees fit.  Doesnt mean Im gonna stand by when i see flaws or disagree with the reasoning behind someone sussing and or cassing a town read of mine.

None of what Im saying should come as any surprise to you my dear......

Zander, you bolded, underlined and italicised it.

Time for me to do a list I suppose

Cory - I like his play so far. It seems to be consistent with his good villager play. He's taking more of a back seat as opposed to telling people what to think, and he is open to changing his mind on people. I think that's more consistent with him being town than scum.

BFG - I'm still waiting for the big cases, but I feel good with her so far. She digs into posts and people's comments and seems to be solving to me. 

Lenlo - I do like his approach. He seems open and willing to engage. 

Zander - A bit on the backburner, but with the level of engagement from others it makes sense for him to want to see that played out and pointing out oddities in posts as he sees them. 

Shad_ - So far seems consistent with towny Shad. I know you have tricked me in the past, so I'll keep an eye out for that :smile:

Tina - Utterly on the fence about her. I have seen her do this sort of behavior both as wolf and town in the past, but her suspecting me makes me think more town than wolf. At least that has been a pattern in the past. 

Dice - I need to see more that isn't just mechanical thoughts about the game. 

Nikon - POE only. I don't know Nikon as a player, and I can see that Christmas may make it difficult for people to spend time on here and in the thread. Add to this how much I know he usually posts around the board and so far I'm very much in the nulls about him.

Nolder - Has not much thread presence so far in my opinion. He did give some reads, and followed up by giving me a "pressure" vote. 

AskThePizzaGuy - It takes time for me to read him, and when I finally settle on an opinion I'm paranoid as heck about being wrong. I'm supposed to be able to read this one right, right? I think the tunneling one player approach is something we sort of expect from him by now, and his reversal of opinion on people is also not a new thing (see Nolder in the last game they played here). What I don't see is the humor that I expected. The tone is odd in most of these posts, especially the pressure posts. I feel like I'm still on the fence, but the fence is at this point leaning towards the scummy side. 

Besie- She does ask a lot of questions, and she did present some good cases, however I don't think the Besie I know is showing up in a lot of her posts. To add to that I don't think she has followed up much on her suspicions. This just rubs me all wrong. 

OK you seen my message on what I intend to do if people try to lynch her today right???

But more importantly then that reminder is the bold, i honestly dont remember if you were in Diablo or followed it but how is that really even a sensible comment when she only has 1 game of Mafia experience.  Also then using your logic, I see the Besie I KNOW and have been reading her Town so what do you make of that?

Also pertaining to your read of Nolder,  You dont like the fact he hasnt had much thread presence thus far....well the same could be said about others in this game as well.  So Im a little skeptical of that line of reasoning from you and that youre using it to call him on it.  Also almost kinda seems like part of the reason youre sussing him is the fact he's sussing you which I also don't like.

Could you please clarify and elaborate on these things for me Sooh?

@ BFG First post in the sequence. 

Sounds good.

Hypothetically if you had a roleblock who would you block tonight as of right now?

I would block Dice. He's not really a suspect of mine but that's part of the problem, I don't have a good read on him. Other than arguing he's been kind of low key this game and he also has very good instincts with night powers. I also don't see many others calling him town just quite yet which gives me pause because Dice is one of those players who usually gets townread early or it doesn't happen at all.

I think I would block Besie. She's someone I don't trust at this point in the game, and I think she's cunning enough if mafia to create serious problems for town. 

Where do you stand on Pizza? If you have said I apologize. I don't recall off the top of my head.

Again with this type of I KNOW AND UNDERSTAND BESIE'S Scum game remark.  Again I dont feel that that is really possible for you to do.   Also the cunning enough comment is quite interesting coming from you considering Cory, Pizza and myself are in this game and have ALL proven we were cunning enough to create serious problems for town.  I know you love Besie and we both do know how smart she is but do you HONESTLY feel shes more likely to do this then say one of the 3 of us or someone more experienced in this game.

Im really finding the merits of your case against Besie very weak....they seem almost manufactured to me.  Like perhaps youre picking a target you feel may be easy pickings for you.

My first follow up to her's.  YES the whole line his highlighter but read my response....NOTHING concerning blocking at all.  It was pretty well strictly about the cunning comment as Ive stated and explained more then once.

Sounds good.

My first follow up to her's.  YES the whole line his highlighter but read my response....NOTHING concerning blocking at all.  It was pretty well strictly about the cunning comment as Ive stated and explained more then once.

Except the cunning point is the reason for blocking Besie not the reason for the read :unsure:

I think we're talking at cross purposes here though.

Nikon those posts are just so... bad. So so bad. Half of the things you called out were obviously jokes. Others were references to previous games and my history with those players. The last bit of stuff was all answered later on, such as how I have never advocated lynching a Town on purpose.

Why does everyone ignore the VC part and only ever focus on the one time I asked about lynching town in reference the night lynch? Seriously.

Zander you have one bullet that you must fire and you have to shoot it as soon as you read this post. If you hit a wolf you win, if you hit a villager you lose.

Where's that bullet going?

Everyone is free to answer, but want Zander's answer the most.

So cliche but so good...

Ok I'll bite and I'm going to go big and go for deep wolf.

The person who eats my bullet is....

GnFxsOo.jpg

I think BFG is playing a middling game so far and it seems aimed to please more than to suss wolves and win.

No need to shoot BFG imo, Its already more then likely looking at Nightmare that if shes a wolf it will become pretty apparent as the game progresses.

OMG I like just had this convo with Shad.

You don't know that she will do the same things as wolf she did in the last game.

This is a new game focus on what's here in this game.

Then case me?

Archived