DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

World's End Mafia - town wins comprehensively

Pralaya

You need to change that approach with me specifically.

Pizza I love you and I mean it wholeheartedly that if you are a villager I want nothing more than the two of us to ride the same brainwave to victory, but...

I'm not going to change the way I've played for the past whatever so many years because you feel like you deserve an exception.

So there's a good chance we'll naturally be at odds for awhile and I'm alright with it. It's the game.

This is coming from somebody who's spent more than his share of games playing with people he considers the "greats" of the game, the DWetzels and Toms and jcohens of the world. I can adapt on how I think I need to best read people, but I'm certainly not going to take your word for it.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So who wants to take bets on what Cory is going to yell at me about when he gets back in the morning? Im guess its going to be about wasting towns time on some 5 page argument thats completely useless or something like that. Either that or how im stupid to miss something. 

JFC I haven't read the last nine pages yet

Put it in spoilers next time, now the whole thread is ruined. I hate when I know what's going to happen.

I didnt think it would be enough of a surprise to count as a spoiler.

I had a really great night

How is everyone  :myrddraal:

Did you chill out with Lamar Odom?

Im good, youre in for quite the read if youre not caught up brother!!!!

My brother is up in NJ for Christmas so he came over to the condo and we played basketball and glow in the dark beer pong courtesy of MrsClov. Hijinks~

I had a really great night

How is everyone  :myrddraal:

Did you chill out with Lamar Odom?

Im good, youre in for quite the read if youre not caught up brother!!!!

My brother is up in NJ for Christmas so he came over to the condo and we played basketball and glow in the dark beer pong courtesy of MrsClov. Hijinks~

sweeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!  sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!

sounds like good times my friend!!!!!

No, I've never heard that term before anywhere.

That's because it's unique to DM (and anyone who's played here).

It comes from RAFO or Read And Fight Out which was a phrase Robert Jordan (author of the Wheel of Time book series) used when fan's asked him questions he didn't want to answer.

Mafia mods retooled the phrase for when players asked questions they didn't need to know the answer to.

And don't give me the "oh you think you are special bit" because the reason why I have the reputation I do has nothing to do with me thinking I'm smarter than everyone else and has everything to do with the hours I pour into reading games, staying in the thread as much as humanly possible and sacrificing my mental health, sleep and social life in order to be as informed as humanly possible in a silly internet yelling game. I bleed for my team, and that's what people know about me. My town game is basically a nervous breakdown in slow motion.

You want to act like you deserve time or credence because you're mentally superior at making reads, that's not going to fly with me. A village is built with hard labor and brick-by-brick and for the most part you seem emotionally detached from the game and not at all interest or enthused in moving us further.

If I am wrong I need someone to show me why so I can re-assess. You can be that guy, but you have to actually start playing first.

This is the kind of post that makes me nervous I'm reading you wrong again.  :dry:

Probably one of the posts that's far more a component of my villager game than my wolf game, so way to go Shad lol

Kind of loving Besie's entry on p15.  I feel like she's put more effort into looking around and analyzing people in this game than in the entirety of Diablo already.

Vouch

Been napping now I'm off to dinner.

Before I do..

[v]Sooh[/v]

i know you touched on Sooh a bit but this still feels a little....i dunno hollow maybe, to me.

Ok. Well some players don't engage much if you don't vote them.

I'm exploring my options here to see what I can get out of her.

Was kind of hoping Sooh would post BEFORE I had to explain that since that will change the way she behaves but oh well.

Been napping now I'm off to dinner.

Before I do..

[v]Sooh[/v]

I feel like you are significantly less engaged in this game than in NBC.  I had to look back to remember you were even scum reading her.

That's because I only gave my reads once.

I like to be a closed book in the early game.

IDK why you feel like I'm less engaged though.

No, I've never heard that term before anywhere.

That's because it's unique to DM (and anyone who's played here).

It comes from RAFO or Read And Fight Out which was a phrase Robert Jordan (author of the Wheel of Time book series) used when fan's asked him questions he didn't want to answer.

Mafia mods retooled the phrase for when players asked questions they didn't need to know the answer to.

bring-it-nobody-pom-pom-panic-but-were-n

Btw, I responded to Pizza's "Please to village Lenlo" but he hasnt gotten back to me yet. Lookin forward to it.

You reached the Yates Event Horizon.

So scummy and with dishonest arguments that for pages and pages, and hours and hours, I just think you're caught-er and caught-er scum, and then it dawns on me that you're a townie because a scum wouldn't do X.

Why "Yates" event horizon, because he faked a guilty result on me in game three, and made a mistake with his leans list which added an extra person to the game, hilariously, and it got worse and worse for hours and hours, so I just assumed he was caught and smirked my happy smirk and kept taking potshots at him here and there, until dat moment when I saw he had a legitimate reason to act that way.

If you were a scumbag, you probably would have walked away a few posts after the screw me post. I don't get what is accomplished by continued camping in the thread after all that.

I'm not saying you'd be scared of me or something, as a wolf, it just isn't accomplishing any kind of scum aim.

While I can't clear you for the same reason why I should look town objectively, since I was the aggressor in our tiff, there's a different kind of futility at work in that I think that a very large number of scumbags would not be sitting here right now still talking to me. It's going nowhere and you had a natural exit point, several of them, and you're still camping.

I've never used this town-tell before and may never again. I also can't say you're fully clean.

But that washes away a ton of that suspicion.

Unvote

I really wanted to go to bed thinking I've accomplished something more major than partly clearing a scum read. I can't say that. But it has been useful to me, particularly if this is correct.

PS- Yates Event Horizon is now trademarked, and probably won't ever be used as a town-tell again.

I need to check something with Tina real quick. It's something I'm pretty sure I remember happening elsewhere and if I remember correctly I think I'm pretty much always voting her today.

But I need to make sure it's real and not a figment of my imagination.

I should sleep but this takes precedence, LDO.

Btw, I responded to Pizza's "Please to village Lenlo" but he hasnt gotten back to me yet. Lookin forward to it.

You reached the Yates Event Horizon.

So scummy and with dishonest arguments that for pages and pages, and hours and hours, I just think you're caught-er and caught-er scum, and then it dawns on me that you're a townie because a scum wouldn't do X.

Why "Yates" event horizon, because he faked a guilty result on me in game three, and made a mistake with his leans list which added an extra person to the game, hilariously, and it got worse and worse for hours and hours, so I just assumed he was caught and smirked my happy smirk and kept taking potshots at him here and there, until dat moment when I saw he had a legitimate reason to act that way.

If you were a scumbag, you probably would have walked away a few posts after the screw me post. I don't get what is accomplished by continued camping in the thread after all that.

I'm not saying you'd be scared of me or something, as a wolf, it just isn't accomplishing any kind of scum aim.

While I can't clear you for the same reason why I should look town objectively, since I was the aggressor in our tiff, there's a different kind of futility at work in that I think that a very large number of scumbags would not be sitting here right now still talking to me. It's going nowhere and you had a natural exit point, several of them, and you're still camping.

I've never used this town-tell before and may never again. I also can't say you're fully clean.

But that washes away a ton of that suspicion.

Unvote

I really wanted to go to bed thinking I've accomplished something more major than partly clearing a scum read. I can't say that. But it has been useful to me, particularly if this is correct.

PS- Yates Event Horizon is now trademarked, and probably won't ever be used as a town-tell again.

5cf0a238880cf93e6eea80adb9ac07e3.gif

I need to check something with Tina real quick. It's something I'm pretty sure I remember happening elsewhere and if I remember correctly I think I'm pretty much always voting her today.

But I need to make sure it's real and not a figment of my imagination.

I should sleep but this takes precedence, LDO.

Aren't you already voting her? :unsure:

Archived