DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Harry Potter Week] Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS

Songstress

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never played mafia in person, but on forums, I've got a bit of experience.  Nowhere near the level of some of the other players though!

And Professor McGonagall was also my favorite professor.  Her and Professor Flitwick.  They teach my two favorite subjects at Hogwarts - Transfiguration and Charms.

Experience doesn't mean good :sad: I wish it did

Ah, ok! That makes a lot more practical sense, thank you :)

NP advantage of no role PM is that no one can mixture this as me being mafia looking for town credit :laugh:

I can make candles with my feet. Spaghetti is the food of the fairies. I really enjoyed Gary Oldman's performance in Prisoner of Azkaban.

I played in person a few times (Loups-garous), but was always a better narrator than a player. I tend to be pretty obvious as I have a very expressive face.

You should post smiles to indicate your inner thoughts imo

I've never played mafia in person, but on forums, I've got a bit of experience.  Nowhere near the level of some of the other players though!

And Professor McGonagall was also my favorite professor.  Her and Professor Flitwick.  They teach my two favorite subjects at Hogwarts - Transfiguration and Charms.

Me too, because then I'd actually have a clue what I was doing, haha!  That's why I love being vanilla town.

Me too, because then I'd actually have a clue what I was doing, haha!  That's why I love being vanilla town.

VT is absolutely my favourite role! Which is fortunate because I draw it in about 80-85% of the games I play... (including role madness/kitchen sink)

VT is absolutely my favourite role! Which is fortunate because I draw it in about 80-85% of the games I play... (including role madness/kitchen sink)

I wish I was so lucky, haha.  I took a really long break and got lucky enough to draw RB in my first game back.  No clue at all who to target! :sad:

Town cop checking in.

:dry: If you actually trigger cop, I'm gonna be peeved

My househopefully: Ravenclaw :smile:  Every time I take one of those quizzes, it's the result I get!

Buddy! Ravenclaws FTW!

That's perfectly fine, BFG :)

And if we're doing favourites, I think Prisoner of Azkaban is fav, and GoF least fav...

BFFs? I'm the same +1

9f5797eab1d1a8ad7824293f0380a85b.jpg

*internal crying*

Wow wow wow! Well I hope you have fun with this one!

There are a few triggers left - all but two have actually been hit at least once, but a few were hit by someone who had already triggered their role.

Keep posting peoples :wub:

*ahem* I really hope you're gonna tell us which triggers and how many we hit at end of game. lol I like to think I hit a few

Ah, ok! That makes a lot more practical sense, thank you :)

NP advantage of no role PM is that no one can mixture this as me being mafia looking for town credit :laugh:

BFG stealing my line :tongue:

Tress can I check that by deadline game you mean that the phase doesn't end with a hammer. So if 7 votes are needed to lynch and a player reaches 7+ votes early on, they're still only lynched if they have the highest number of votes at deadline???

I'll be happy with VT at this point. I saw apparently SEPH killed me in the BT game because I roll PRs so often. Four PRs in a row, three vanillas. I think that's okay odds?

Lolololololol <3

Tress can I check that by deadline game you mean that the phase doesn't end with a hammer. So if 7 votes are needed to lynch and a player reaches 7+ votes early on, they're still only lynched if they have the highest number of votes at deadline???

Is this the hybrid hammer thing that I've read about?

I'll be happy with VT at this point. I saw apparently SEPH killed me in the BT game because I roll PRs so often. Four PRs in a row, three vanillas. I think that's okay odds?

If I keep getting the luck I have had in drawing roles from the past, I think that'll be me in your shoes soon enough.  *crosses fingers for VT*

Hybrid hammer is when at DL if majority isn't reached, the person with the most votes is lynched instead of going to a random lynch/no lynch

Hybrid hammer is when at DL if majority isn't reached, the person with the most votes is lynched instead of going to a random lynch/no lynch

Is that different from a deadline game then?

Lolololololol <3

I wish Zander was playing! I need someone to lolololol for me haha

Hammer game would be that the phase ends with the hammer vote, hybrid hammer is whoever with the most votes, deadline should go up to the deadline allowing for votes/unvotes.

Last bit of 'credit' seeking...

Not sure everyone will have followed the link (or read the rules), but seer cover is pretty important, but needs to be done right. The purpose is that since we don't have a doc the seer will be killed as soon as they reveal. But if they don't have a safe way of leaving their peeks on thread then if they're killed town won't know whose clear...

So as vanilla you openly leave a peek and the seer can hide amongst us. Obviously if you fake peek a mafia then you're obviously not the seer, so it needs to be done carefully.

There are other ways to play it than the below and you don't have to do it at all :happy:

Clov can probably explain better than me!

This is a post Tom made awhile ago about how to leave plausible seer cover, if you are wondering at all how to play in a vanilla game with a n0 peek:

link-catches-fish-zelda-ocarina-of-time-

So here's what's gonna happen. We are going to leave ADEQUATE, ACTUALLY PLAUSIBLE seer cover in this game TOWARD THE END OF EACH DAY because that makes it easier to pick obvious villagers and makes it more annoying for wolves if they can't scratch someone off of seer contention early.

It's most important to try and show a consistent thought process about a player. Pick 2-3 who seem like obvious-ish villagers early and maintain a positive read of them and seek their opinion out more if possible.

Things NOT to do:

-Use big tiered lists before you've chosen a fake peek; these will give you away if your peek isn't at the top

-Fake peek someone whom you've already called wolfy or implied COULD be a wolf

-Use absolutes in your language for people that aren't your peek (e.g. I'm 100% hes villa, I'm confident he's a wolf)

-Openly combat or harass your peek

-Yawn with disinterest if your peek is wagoned at EOD

-Fake peek someone you traditionally read very accurately, it won't be believable

Things you SHOULD do:

-Peek villagers, especially D1 since you'll be right 75% of the time even with random guessing, but by EOD your odds will be even better

-Interact with and weigh the opinion of your peek as a source of backup judgment

-Use language like "99% sure" for strong reads that are not peeks

-Say things like "I have no lock villagers" if you peeked a wolf and vice versa (though not that specific phrase since I mentioned it obviously)

-Think in advance on who you are unsure about and who you would peek on N1 if you were seer, and drop the result at the end of the next day, leaving your language ambiguous until then so you can't be busted for making it up

If everyone does that, we increase the odds of winning substantially

Just leaving this out there as the survival of the seer is extremely important in this set-up.

Not going to be harassing or telling anyone what to do, just some advice if you're looking for it.

Lolololololol <3

I wish Zander was playing! I need someone to lolololol for me haha

Hammer game would be that the phase ends with the hammer vote, hybrid hammer is whoever with the most votes, deadline should go up to the deadline allowing for votes/unvotes.

This is what I think, but I've only done hybrid or hammer before so wanted to check :)

~ This will be a deadline game. The person who has the most votes at deadline will be lynched. Votes and unvotes will be accepted up until deadline - except at LYLO, when votes will be locked and cannot be changed - at that point it becomes a hammer game and the day phase will end when a majority is reached. In the event of a tie, the lynch will be determined by random.org from the players tied for the most votes.

~ Night actions may be changed after they are submitted up until the night deadline.

The answer, BFG, is yes. lol

Most votes is lynched but it goes up until deadline. Though I think your question is whether if we achieve a hammer, day automatically ends? Looking at the night rules, I would think not

~ This will be a deadline game. The person who has the most votes at deadline will be lynched. Votes and unvotes will be accepted up until deadline - except at LYLO, when votes will be locked and cannot be changed - at that point it becomes a hammer game and the day phase will end when a majority is reached. In the event of a tie, the lynch will be determined by random.org from the players tied for the most votes.

~ Night actions may be changed after they are submitted up until the night deadline.

The answer, BFG, is yes. lol

Most votes is lynched but it goes up until deadline. Though I think your question is whether if we achieve a hammer, day automatically ends? Looking at the night rules, I would think not

Agreed, just checking <3

Archived