DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Anyone want a run-in with Seanchan?

Jagen Sedai

I'm about to get two bios approved for some Seanchan currently posited in Elmora, Tarabon. One is a der'sul'dam, the other a so'jhin, though I've fleshed out the whole house of characters, from the high lady who runs the show down to damane and da'covale, as well as the previous lord who ruled Elmora, now one of the Low Blood.

For any interested AS, there is a collared AS damane that I didn't bother giving an identity to, so she can be anybody; perhaps a PC's friend. A rescue mission might be fun to RP--one that either succeeds or fails. I also had an idea of some information I would like my character to learn from one of the AS, and I figured an actual RP might be better than learning it from the NPC.

I also wouldn't mind a military skirmish, either, where one of my characters might be captured herself. It all depends, and I'm open for anything, so please post if you're interested!

Edited by Jagen Sedai

• 1 year later...

Bumping this cause my Seanchan are still active and looking to rumble >:)

I also want to confirm my understanding that:

a) We're lining up with book 11 , therefore

b) The Seanchan are only in Tarabon, Falme if they returned, Amadicia and Altara?

Edited by Jagen Sedai

Yes, to both a and b, as far as I'm aware. The only caveat is that I'm not 100% sure where any Seanchan ended up who were involved in the Daughter of the Nine Moons RP arc (Band/Freelanders). I'll have a quick check and see but I can't imagine that should change anything from your perspective.

Any attempt will be hampered by the fact that they don't know who the rescuers come kidnappers were. Calder's (Mat's) connection to the Band may or may not be known to them but the men were all in disguise, plus there's the fact that the main force of the Band had BT folk with them to create gateways which certainly wasn't known. The Banders are all long gone from Tarabon and back in the Citadel; complete with Ruan (Tuon) and several adventurous Illuminators from the Tanchico Guild plus their firework technology. They used Nightflowers to blow the Seanchan's raken and to'raken out of the sky during their escape and this was part of Quibby's long term plan to give the Band explosives and advance their field technology. 

I would think any initial searching would be confined to the environs around Tanchico as there won't be any physical trail to follow past the Band's encampment. How it develops from there is open to discussion with Cass for the Band and Kat for the Freelanders.

If you're looking for something on an immediate/smaller scale, it might be possible for the Band to get involved continuing to RP (in retro) some of the skirmishes that occurred on the road as they escaped after kidnapping the DotNM :) I think the Band has one active member with a char from that rp. Newer active people could jump in with TTPCs, and you can lead/drive the plot however you wish for char development etc :) (Tay)?

I'm not sure when the Banders on that mission made it back to the Citadel, but in the near(ish) future I'm thinking/hoping we can officially bring the Band's story in line with KoD and actually RP the part where Furyk Karede enters the Band's camp to return Tuon/Ruan to Ebou Dar, and the battle of the Band vs the Seanchan force sent to kill her for the hundred thousand gold crown reward... but it will require more time to get that off the ground... (working on a few internal Band events, hoping to get a couple of new players to join/write bios etc).

Are you more interested in one, or both?

Edited by Cass

Also, keep an eye on that official update post. I'm adding to it as I find relevant details. It has expanded to cover the state of play with the Shadow around Randland.

Actually, let me clarify my earlier reply on Ruan... I meant that she won't be leaving the Band until after she's married to Calder. There's the whole Ebou Dar situation to be dealt with after that but Cass will decide how that's handled.

Jagen,

I think that can be arranged. I think I may be the only active one around that was part of the Tanchico RP and the march back unless Bard is around. I guess TPCs could be created for anyone else that wants to join in, or if it fits Cass's plans we could have a skirmish now instead of retro which would allow other band members to join in? I'm glad I finally let Cass out of her cell. Let me go find her.

I was active at the time. Took part in the initial RP leaving the Citadel but real life hit so Ely didn't make it to Tanchico. I don't want to cause problems for any returning characters including mine or BB's.

No reason why the retro RPs can't be done to tie up loose ends as Cass requested and still have a skirmish in current time that everyone can get involved with. Book 11 has plenty of fighting in terms of the Band and the whole Mat/Tuon situation.

Oh they'd be toast *grins* Honestly? I'm dying to RP again. I love Ely as a character. Just need to find a way to get back into it. Maybe a solo RP to explain what happened to her. Illness could do the trick I suppose. 

I could totally use my House Elioth people to send a bunch of Seanchan army guys after the band... and I really want to RP my sul'dam. Wouldn't mind her getting potentially captured, either... just not killed. Is Ruan a PC character or NPC/TPC? What about Calder?

All of the main characters are now NSW's. Property of the RP Group they fall under, written by whomever the RGL trusts and approves to do so.  :smile:  Easier than anything else in case people go MIA.

So

Ruan=Seanchan=Freelander

Calder=BoTRH

Right?

I like this approach to using the characters

I just thought of another question Tay. How do the Children of the Light view the Seanchan at this point?

Edited by Arinth

Yes, that's correct. I added the full list of main characters/our names for them and their respective Groups to the sticky thread on this board. We have bios for most of them.

The CotL are definitely enemies of the Seanchan as per the Books. They fought with the Band etc against the Seanchan in our history too.

Okay, I know what an NSW *is* but not what those letters stand for... can you explain it to me?

I also ask because I was curious how we'd go about RPing this. I would love to have a scuffle/battle, my der'sul'dam gets caught, meets Ruan, whom I would guess would keep her there for a bit for company, or order her to go back to her house with some news (like to not pursue the Band anymore... or something :P ) Who knows~