DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Chat Thread - Official BotRH Beer Club

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the hell is a pilaster?

pi·las·ter noun \pi-ˈlas-tər, ˈpī-ˌlas-\

: a rectangular column that is attached to a wall and that is used for decoration or support

I hear they are delicious.

So I found a recipe for an ESB and all the stuff needed for a full mash brew and my father in law went to order it all last night... and the coolers have to come from the States apparently (this is partly him being picky, which is no bother to me) and that will take 6-7 weeks, so now I'm looking at the options for another extract brew to do while we wait. Thinking either a pumpkin ale or a red ale. Haven't really decided what yet.

We just got three new Evil Twin beers in that I'm really trying hard to not break down and buy (grad school woes, yo).

Ryan and the GoslingHey girl - just listening to you talk about how the 100% brettanomyces with CMY-1, CMY-5, CMY-7, along with the mash consisting of pale 2-row, Munich II, oats, wheat and honey, together with citrus peel and juice that is added at KO, followed by fresh zest with balanced citrussy hop characteristics at whirlpool - makes me wanna drink this beer just for you.

Femme Fatale Kobasu: Femme Fatale with the Japanese Kobasu fruit - a 100% brett IPA

Sour Bikini BeerSpecial brewed batch of Evil Twins Bikini Beer brewed at Cabinet Artisanal Brewhouse and afterwards soured by the brewery’s brewmaster Terry Hawbaker.

It's a painful, unfulfilling battle.

Pumpkin red ale?

Hmm... an interesting idea. I'll have to research it. I have no idea how to do it.

So I'm starting to get one fancy expensive beer a week to try, which is challenging because there's so many small batch ones that won't get refilled. Last week I got a spotanbeetroot, which is a sour beer by Mikkeller and this week I am trying a Mohawk Imperial Blizzard double barrel aged porter. The second was fantastic. The first wasn't my thing.

2014-08-30121539_zpsf6d72339.jpg2014-09-05195257_zpsa37c00fd.jpg

We just got three new Evil Twin beers in that I'm really trying hard to not break down and buy (grad school woes, yo).

Ryan and the GoslingHey girl - just listening to you talk about how the 100% brettanomyces with CMY-1, CMY-5, CMY-7, along with the mash consisting of pale 2-row, Munich II, oats, wheat and honey, together with citrus peel and juice that is added at KO, followed by fresh zest with balanced citrussy hop characteristics at whirlpool - makes me wanna drink this beer just for you.

Femme Fatale Kobasu: Femme Fatale with the Japanese Kobasu fruit - a 100% brett IPA

Sour Bikini BeerSpecial brewed batch of Evil Twins Bikini Beer brewed at Cabinet Artisanal Brewhouse and afterwards soured by the brewery’s brewmaster Terry Hawbaker.

It's a painful, unfulfilling battle.

1 was pretty good but the nose was way better than the taste.  The nose was all funky brett and citrus fruits while the taste was more bready, less citrus and funk.

2 was awesome, a seriously good beer.  I really love those brett IPAs, and the kobasu was a great addition to the beer.

3 was very sour and went beyond what I expected, quite delicious and just awesome.  Not much IPA to it, but the high intensity of the sour completely drowned out any chance a 2.7% IPA had to come through.

You should be able to find the original at a good liquor store with a strong craft section.  Not sure about the Kobasu - idk how big of a release it is.

(it sucks that it's technically an import (even though he brews at Westbrook) since it allows the Shelton Brothers to jack up the price on all his goods)

So this appeared on my facebook page today:

10649741_10100344422996578_5168691706981

Granted, it is Swedish micro brewery (a local one) so in Swedish the Uti one doesn't mean what it does in English. However most Swedes do tend to speak English rather often...

Side note - Umeå summer ale is super good, Umeå pale ale is pretty good, better on tap. Haven't tried the Umeå special bitter or Umeå twin IPA yet.

What do you think Uti means in English? It *is* short for a medical condition [urinary tract infection]!

Yes I know, that is my point. It isn't short for that in Swedish, but so many people speak English here that it is still a bad name for a beer.

What do you think Uti means in English? It *is* short for a medical condition [urinary tract infection]!

Yes I know, that is my point. It isn't short for that in Swedish, but so many people speak English here that it is still a bad name for a beer.

OMG, that's hilarious then! Too bad it isn't brewed with cranberries... XD

Archived