DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Advanced] Once Upon a Time Mafia- Game Over, Town Wins!!!

wheeloftime13

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know you are on, you are answering your 100 questions!!!! Get in here!

Tsukibana is Town.

Turin is an asshat.

Fine, fine. 

So AJ is either Town as stated or a Silvertongue. And Dawn is not mafia(no QT) or a silvertongue. therefore they are most likely not mafia together as it would be very unusual to have two silvertongues in the same game. The only other way that would be possible would be for AJ to be a silvertongue and Dawn to be a symp that doesn't have QT access. 

Now can I please get the lists I have been asking for formatted in the way I have asked for them to be formatted in everyone's next post? or at the very least a statement declaring your own alignment. 

What's a silvertongue?

(deleted as something in the nested quote is messing with the rest of the quotes)

I hope that this is enough explanation of my reads, and if it's not, then read the game.. it's out there

Lol no. Case needs to be on stuff from before this, using post read reasoning is no bueno. I've noticed your position on me for a while, and I'm still waiting for an actual case or reason for it. Problem is this is what you believed when town as well.

Ithi replaced Tina (then i replaced Ithi after i got lynched)

Turin replaced Ice a bit later

Ithi/me died.

Ed needed replacement, got replaced by me.

Lucky for me, it's all town, so i can continue playing (untill i die a third time)

Think this was a good catch by Turin.

As posted by Time, TG will not be active untill later. The fact that he was absent before that announcement doesn't become him. Usually he's more active. TG and BFG hiding as scum, that's what i think.

We still have some time, so i'm waiting for Nikon and his explanation.

Lol again. We didn't even have an announcement from Ed until you replaced in again (welcome again, again by the way).

I'm still kind of on the fence about BFG. She noticed a lot of the same things I did in the game when I was reading over her ISO yesterday, so I'm not 100% sold she is mafia since we basically mindmelded on the same topics. That said I'm hoping to see more from her soon because the posts last night were pretty lackluster. I'm gonna post her ISO soon so you guys can see what I'm talking about.

I wish people would start putting their votes to use. Holding onto them until the day of the DL doesn't help making vote analysis any easier, especially if they all just join the same wagon.

Thane what do you think of others like Tal and Turin? What about Hallia?

BFG was posting this morning in 15 minutes before work and didn't have time to do much more than skim, post the stuff that stood out and leave.

RTE - Cop

Tsuki - Vig

Hallia - Viewed

AJ - Doc, LD tested

Turin - LD

Dawn - LD tested

Thane 3

BFG

Talames

TG

Nikon

Problem is that I struggle to believe that a LD and cop would be in the same game. I really need to reread and see what I think. At the moment I believe Turin, more so than RTE.

I think RTE is more likely to clear a townie than link himself with a teammate that closely, so Hallia is more likely to be town anyway. So before my reread I'm saying mafia is Nikon, TG, RTE. The fourth is either Talmanes or Thane.

BFG is Town.

So AJ is either Town as stated or a Silvertongue. And Dawn is not mafia(no QT) or a silvertongue. therefore they are most likely not mafia together as it would be very unusual to have two silvertongues in the same game. The only other way that would be possible would be for AJ to be a silvertongue and Dawn to be a symp that doesn't have QT access. 

Now can I please get the lists I have been asking for formatted in the way I have asked for them to be formatted in everyone's next post? or at the very least a statement declaring your own alignment.

What's a silvertongue?

A silver tongue is somebody that always views as telling the truth.

[v]Nikon[/v]

Nikon and TG are looking worst from memory, but TG said he'd be back today and I'd rather give him a chance to talk then blind lynch. There are other ways to check RTE and I need a reread on Talmanes (and fir Thane to post more content under his current alignment to work out which is mafia between them)

I haven't had chance to reread yet, I might tomorrow. I'll try and case Nikon tomorrow, but I may not have time, (sisters birthday).

Good news is that chocolate, caramel slices, blueberry crumble cake and lemon cupcakes are all made and ready :biggrin:

Official Vote Count

RTE (1/6): Turin
Dawn (2/6): RTE, Tsuki
TG (1/6): Thane
AJ (1/6): Dawn

Nikon (2/6): AJ, BFG

people not posting (4/11): TG, Talmanes, Nikon, and Hallia 

Deadline: Saturday May 10, 20:00 EST http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20140510T20&p0=814&msg=OUAT+Mafia+Day+3

Of the 5 that haven't claimed or been spoken for in any way the three I am most suspicious of are:

EdThane3.0: I think the thing about not replacing was a slip. Not only was the post itself weird but his next post where he tried to explain it away even tho no one had commented iirc smacks of guilty conscious.

Talmanes: This is a bit esoteric. It feels to me like he is engaging in just the right amount of conversation to not be lurky but not so much that he has a lot of stances to answer for. He is very busy and I know what that is like. There was some small amount of banter with Ed D1 but I can chalk that up to Ed not being around for a while.

Nikon: He had the "townie talk" early on D1. Has weened himself from it iirc. Possible that someone from the team pointed out it was a bad thing. Kinda "lawyery" in his word usage which makes me wary. But the did jump right in and post his read list just as asked nearly immediately even tho he did not really seem to understand why he did it. Conflicted read at the moment. Perhaps he is the ST and the other two(AJ and Dawn) are clear. 

Conspiracy theories ahead. 

BFG touched on the thought of the likelihood of there being a cop and a LD in the game. The only way I see it is if mafia is pretty roled up. Add in a doc a RB and a vig and that is a lot of Town PRs. My thinking is that if there is a LD in the game ( a fact) then most likely the mafia knew it because they have the counter to that role (a Silvertongue) If mafia is NOT heavily roled they would be able to assume that THERE IS NO COP and use that as a fake claim. I wanted to know which character RTE would claim to see if he would claim my character. He didn't or I would be screaming to high heaven for his immediate lynch. I do still doubt the claim as I didn't like the way he revealed, I also still don't like how he claimed to know what I was doing when I asked AJ and Thane for their lists and seemed to support it but when asked for his he was a bit put out. It didn't make sense to me. 

Sidebar of advice for new players: If someone that you think is town asks you to do something that you do not have a supportable reason to deny, the town response is to comply. You are town. Another member of the town asked you for something that in their opinion will help the town win. Help the town in every way you can. My 2 cents... back to our regularly scheduled conspiracy theories. :smile:

There is another option: the mafia is roled up with some extra power. Tsuki has now claimed as the huntsman. Who also worked for the Evil Queen I believe. The one thing that is still bugging me is the extra kill on N1. Chae was not really at the top of anyone's mafia reads iirc. Even Tsuki said that Dawn was who he was after since D1. When asked or even before he volunteered that he didn't shoot Dawn because he thought she would be an "easy lynch". There are rarely any easy mafia lynches without a guilty view. IMO it would be multiple times better to shoot who you think is surely mafia and then use the connections available from that flip to find more mafia. So I don't like his reasoning for his action. 

Tsuki, you mentioned some "special circumstances" or something to do with your shot. Could you explain that further? all information available to vet roles, especially killing roles are welcome.

[unvote]

right now willing to lynch 

Thane: what I think was a slip

Nikon: townie talk, late slide on votes(as noted by others). Lawyer feel to his posts when making said votes.  

Talmanes: primarily a gut feel. nothing sticks out. call it playing "too clean" for my taste.

Tsuki: He sniped early and lately seems more interested in trolling than in really digging for who the mafia are. Since this requires conspiracy tinfoiling he is #4 on the list

BFG I think is working as available and I personally don't see TG being the lurky mafia. Another note against Thane when he noted that no one else would need replacing. TG has been largely absent and could well have to replace if he can't find the time to catch up.

Vote Thane

Turin, nice conspiracies.

I am a multi-shot vig, able to act on NIght 1, and now on Night 3... see the pattern, or do I have to spell it out??

As for my trolling, I am bored.

As for my target on Chae, I already admitted it wasn't the greatest idea. We would be no better off if I spiked Dawn - either way, a Townie would've been down. We'd be in the same position (although Chae would be a hell of a lot more active). I once played paintball with frozen pellets, and shot my best friend with a potato gun filled with lunch meat... I am the first person to say I don't always make the best choices.

This is the Wiki on my character:

he Huntsman is a nameless hunter who is a solitary recluse, raised by wolves. He considers the wolves to be his true family, and is greatly saddened by the deaths of animals. He is considered by the Evil Queen Regina the perfect assassin, and is hired to kill Snow White, though he spares her for selflessness. When he offers the Queen a stag's heart instead, she realizes she has been tricked and tears out the Huntsman's heart, keeping it in her vault and using it to make him her slave.[8] When Prince Charming is led to his execution, the Huntsman helps him escape. The Prince asks him to assist him, but he replies he cannot leave and not to let the sacrifice of his heart be in vain.[11]

In Storybrooke, he is Sheriff Graham Humbert, the town's handsome and level-headed police officer.[3] In the earlier parts of Storybrooke, Sheriff Graham helps Mayor Regina Mills (the Evil Queen) from preventing Owen and Kurt Flynn from leaving town. When Emma Swan arrives, he is one of the few residents who go directly against Regina, making her his deputy.[5][49] He and Emma are attracted to each other, though he has a secret sexual relationship with Regina.[5][49] Emma feels betrayed and is disgusted of the relationship.[38] As he experiences flashbacks of his previous life, he seeks advice from Henry Mills, who tells him about him of his story. Graham is unable to find his heart in Regina's father's mausoleum, but ends his relationship with Regina. Shortly after, he starts a new relationship with Emma, regaining his lost memories in the process. However, Regina crushes his heart and he dies in Emma's arms, shortly after thanking Emma for helping him remember who he truly was.[8]

ED/Thane3: i will go ahead and claim Little Red Riding Hood, town We have to get going to lynch scum people. If we mislynch again, scum will be happy.

RTE- Claimed Henry and town cop,  AJ Claimed Jiminy Cricket, Town ,  Hallia- Claimed Snow White no role???- claimed viewed by RTE N2 (result Town)

at this point, i will go with the claims.  

dawnflower8 Town: the feeling i get from her posts are sometimes mixed, but more leaning town than scum. I am not convinced she should be lynched.

AJ Town + Tsukibana TOWN: they both give me the impression that they are fighting hard for town, even when they go after eachother. Most contructive players in the field.

IceTurin Leaning Town: Hesitating a bit due to his 'care to give me a list'. It could be town trying to see who we should go after, or scum seeing who should get nk'ed. Leaning more towards the first option due to his general posting.

Nikon SCUM Hammered Thane. Posts every now and then, not really constructive. Hides most of the time. I doubt it has to do with the fact that this is his third game.

TGlems SCUM 'hammered' after Nikons vote to make sure Thane was no more, in case selfvote didn't count. General absense not in his favor

Talmanes SCUM Occasional posting makes a lurker and by D3, lurkers will probably be scum.

BFG SCUM shows up a bit after she notices that she's firmly on my scumlist, while being absent most of the time. This alone is suspicious enough for a scumread.

I hope that this is enough explanation of my reads, and if it's not, then read the game.. it's out there

Bolded and enlarged, in case anybody (i guess everybody) missed that.

nope, i highly doubt that there's anybody else needing replacement. 3rd times is a charm, they say, but coming in the game 4 times would be ridiculous

And this is why i will not come back. Nobody needs replacement, and i always came back as a diffirent townie

Odd night vig claim. fair enough. I read the wiki on the Huntsman and came away thinking that it was a grey character. TBH vig claims always strike me a bit questionable. I do remember that you mentioned that because there was no extra kill N2 that Chae must have been a vig shot. point for.  

Do you know the show or just the wiki like me? Who do you think the mafia characters would be. Obviously the Queen. Rumplestiltskin? who else? 

Another thing that was bothering me was that Basel did turn up as Cinderella but reading the wiki Cinderella looks like a pretty minor character. My thought is that if there are some minor characters actually in the game then there are likely some at least semi major characters available as fake claims to the mafia. Therefore ALL character claims should be taken with at least a grain of salt. This would more likely be matched into my first conspiracy theory or in my thought that AJ could be ST. 

(deleted as something in the nested quote is messing with the rest of the quotes)

Lol no. Case needs to be on stuff from before this, using post read reasoning is no bueno. I've noticed your position on me for a while, and I'm still waiting for an actual case or reason for it. Problem is this is what you believed when town as well.

Ithi replaced Tina (then i replaced Ithi after i got lynched)

Turin replaced Ice a bit later

Ithi/me died.

Ed needed replacement, got replaced by me.

Lucky for me, it's all town, so i can continue playing (untill i die a third time)

Think this was a good catch by Turin.

As posted by Time, TG will not be active untill later. The fact that he was absent before that announcement doesn't become him. Usually he's more active. TG and BFG hiding as scum, that's what i think.

We still have some time, so i'm waiting for Nikon and his explanation.

Lol again. We didn't even have an announcement from Ed until you replaced in again (welcome again, again by the way).

I'm still kind of on the fence about BFG. She noticed a lot of the same things I did in the game when I was reading over her ISO yesterday, so I'm not 100% sold she is mafia since we basically mindmelded on the same topics. That said I'm hoping to see more from her soon because the posts last night were pretty lackluster. I'm gonna post her ISO soon so you guys can see what I'm talking about.

I wish people would start putting their votes to use. Holding onto them until the day of the DL doesn't help making vote analysis any easier, especially if they all just join the same wagon.

Thane what do you think of others like Tal and Turin? What about Hallia?

BFG was posting this morning in 15 minutes before work and didn't have time to do much more than skim, post the stuff that stood out and leave.

RTE - Cop

Tsuki - Vig

Hallia - Viewed

AJ - Doc, LD tested

Turin - LD

Dawn - LD tested

Thane 3

BFG

Talames

TG

Nikon

Problem is that I struggle to believe that a LD and cop would be in the same game. I really need to reread and see what I think. At the moment I believe Turin, more so than RTE.

I think RTE is more likely to clear a townie than link himself with a teammate that closely, so Hallia is more likely to be town anyway. So before my reread I'm saying mafia is Nikon, TG, RTE. The fourth is either Talmanes or Thane.

BFG is Town.

What's a silvertongue?

A silver tongue is somebody that always views as telling the truth.

[v]Nikon[/v]

Nikon and TG are looking worst from memory, but TG said he'd be back today and I'd rather give him a chance to talk then blind lynch. There are other ways to check RTE and I need a reread on Talmanes (and fir Thane to post more content under his current alignment to work out which is mafia between them)

I haven't had chance to reread yet, I might tomorrow. I'll try and case Nikon tomorrow, but I may not have time, (sisters birthday).

Good news is that chocolate, caramel slices, blueberry crumble cake and lemon cupcakes are all made and ready :biggrin:

So, here, i find BFG's defense a bit insufficient. I think i made myself clear enough why i see BFG as scum. It's too much of a coincidence to me that there are posts coming now, accusing someone who claimed town, while DL draws closer.

She did solve the game though:

RTE - Cop

Tsuki - Vig

Hallia - Viewed

AJ - Doc, LD tested

Turin - LD

Dawn - LD tested

Thane 3 = Little red riding hood, vanilla town

BFG

Talames

TG

Nikon

The lower four are scum, you're welcome

Odd night vig claim. fair enough. I read the wiki on the Huntsman and came away thinking that it was a grey character. TBH vig claims always strike me a bit questionable. I do remember that you mentioned that because there was no extra kill N2 that Chae must have been a vig shot. point for.  Yeah, was trying to be subtle about it. Guess I succeeded. Plus, a Vig always seems kinda grey, to me. He can swing the game majorly in either direction.

Do you know the show or just the wiki like me? Who do you think the mafia characters would be. Obviously the Queen. Rumplestiltskin? who else? Wiki, and I watched the first season when it aired (2-3 years ago).

Rumplestiltskin would be a Survivor, in my book. He plays everyone against each other. Possible scum characters: Regina, Capt. Hook (grey, as well), Tamara, Peter Pan, Wicked Witch of the West

Another thing that was bothering me was that Basel did turn up as Cinderella but reading the wiki Cinderella looks like a pretty minor character. My thought is that if there are some minor characters actually in the game then there are likely some at least semi major characters available as fake claims to the mafia. Therefore ALL character claims should be taken with at least a grain of salt. This would more likely be matched into my first conspiracy theory or in my thought that AJ could be ST. 

Thane, Having read your claim I have to say that I don't really like the way it is worded. I just noticed it. Now It may be a language thing. French is your native tongue correct? 

It might also be that you are new. I would not expect to see " I am claiming ________ ". I would expect to see "I am _________ ". I am not sure what to make of that but I do think the other statement I noted was a slip.   

my native languages are dutch and german actually, but i worded like that on purpose. A bit before my post, there was another claim. So, going with that trend, the wording made sense to me.

and i think i made a little mistake in my list, sorry about that , but it's not easy posting when your one year old starts screaming. 

RTE - Cop
Tsuki - Vig
Hallia - Viewed
AJ - Doc, LD tested
Dawn - LD tested

Nikon claims town

Seeing i go with the claim, the following four would be the most likely scum

Turin ,  BFG , Talames , TG

Turin is claiming Lie-Detector. Say it.

Tsukibana IS Town. Tsukibana IS the Huntsman. Tsukibana DID shoot Chae. Tsuki HAS THE ABILITY to take a Vig shot tonight.

Now that you know what he is claiming, put it it out there. If he's lying, who gives a rip - your lie would never be discovered (assuming, of course, you choose to lie in what you say...)

my native languages are dutch and german actually, but i worded like that on purpose. A bit before my post, there was another claim. So, going with that trend, the wording made sense to me.

and i think i made a little mistake in my list, sorry about that , but it's not easy posting when your one year old starts screaming. 

RTE - Cop

Tsuki - Vig

Hallia - Viewed

AJ - Doc, LD tested

Dawn - LD tested

Nikon claims town

Seeing i go with the claim, the following four would be the most likely scum

Turin ,  BFG , Talames , TG

i think i was clear enough Tsuki.

No, you aren't. Now that I understand what the hell Turin was getting at, I get why he wants it worded to way he said. From the Wiki:

Each Night the Lie Detector sends the Moderator a post or statement made by another player, and the Moderator tells the Lie Detector whether that other player was telling the truth when they made that post.

A sample use of this power would be to find out whether a role claim is true or not. However, trying to use this ability on something that cannot be verified objectively (i.e. whether someone was telling the truth when they said that a wall of text was a waste of time) the moderator will likely just say "I don't know".

The way YOU, and myself, was wording our lists, stops it from being a statement. Taken literally, "Turin = Town" reads as "Turin equals Town", inherent contradictions, because Turin can't EQUAL a role. "Turin IS Town" can be verified - He either IS or IS NOT. If you are falling back on the ESL defense, just trust me - they are NOT the same. Like I said: "(Insert Your Name Here) IS Town."

The role that mafia usually has for that is role cop. it tells what role a player has but not their alignment.

Now you have a conundrum Thane. If we assume 4 mafia and we only have 3 unclaimed people then we have to believe that someone is lying about their claim. Therefore we can not just blindly say that anyone that claimed something is telling the truth. We need to be able to verify the claims.

I know what I am. I think that it was pretty obvious to many people what I was claiming and attempting to accomplish from the moment I asked Thane1 and AJ for those read lists. I was actually a little surprised that no one mentioned my first post that contained some LD statement language. One reason that I asked for everyone to provide a list including everyone is that ANY statement can be checked for truth. As long as the person making the statement knows if the statement is true or not. it will show up in the LD report. The person making the statement can be dead or alive. In fact the dead do tell tales. valuable tales.

I would still like complete lists from anyone that has not given one yet. 

Archived