DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

My Project

Locke

... i really should upload one of my older songs somewhere.... dates from 2005 already, but i still like to play it. I wish i were more apt with interwebs so i could let you people listen to an mp3...

*edit* luckily, i have some people who know how :tongue:

http://soundcloud.com/john-weitjes/christina

this is a song from june 2005. It has been adapted live, but i have no recordings of that, nor more recent work

Heh, the BT is chock full of metal fans haha

Well done Locke that is fantastic, I wouldn't even know where to begin so i admire anyone who can write and perform their own music.

Thanks Tal! ^^

That's really cool Thane! Too bad you don't have the vocals.

Locke, I applaud you getting this done. I always envy people with musical talent (since i couldn't carry a tune if it was strapped to my back).

It's alright, though I find some of the tracks quite similiar. But still, Well Done.

Locke, Ithi has a project she is working on and wants some assistance. She needs points to get herself a DRAGON Sa'Angreal.

all points appreciated. 

Turin, you can tell Ithi that she can turn her nose elsewhere as the Noble Locke would never stoop to imparting precious points upon a dirty shadowite. 

Locke, I applaud you getting this done. I always envy people with musical talent (since i couldn't carry a tune if it was strapped to my back).

It's alright, though I find some of the tracks quite similiar. But still, Well Done.

Fun fact: One of the tracks is literally another track played in reverse. 

NT, u wrote the lyrics? wow!

i really like what u posted, it's dark <3

seeing i 'm joining u in london ... what about coming in Belgium for the Grass Pop Metal Meeting one day ? :biggrin:

Naw, not completely; two tracks are almost half me, and I'm fairly sure most of them had input from me to a lesser etxent (if only in a "does this word make sense?" or "what's a word that fits here and means roughly this or that?" kind of sense).

And I've wanted to go to Graspop before but chickened out because I've never been to Belgium before. ._. This year's lineup looks rather anticlimactic. The only one on the list that I'd really want to see is Dark Tranquillity, and they can be seen fairly frequently at much more convenient club gigs. Sabaton are enjoyable live but I'm not really a fan, Opeth would be interesting to see but just interesting, and from what I hear Paradise Lost aren't that great live. Definitely keeping that in mind for future, though! Especially if a future lineup includes My Dying Bride again, because damn, I need to see those gentlemen again. <3

*ducks fireball*

...Might want to be careful with those, ma'am; you've already killed me once! >.>

And, er. Do you listen to MDB in general or have you just seen them live? Do you "follow" them so to say? Because I know that Aaron's style is unusual, and yeah, I have another friend who does like them but thinks Aaron can't sing. (Of course I don't know what exactly you mean, anyway; there may have been other problems on that particular show for all I know. But his voice/vocal style is the most common.... "complaint", that I hear.)

Ohh... Well then, allow me to educate you recommend some songs to give you a perhaps more accurate impression of them! :D

This is some years old (from 2009 if my memory serves) and one of my favourite songs ever;

Especially from 3:45, "With mercenary smile" etc, and the twisted violins in the background, gorgeous stuff.

This is even older, from 2006, and a song that is the "first favourite" for a lot of people when they start listening to MDB;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNuRqqlYepM

No growls in either of those though. Hmm... Oh! Of course!

Allow me to present to you one of the most powerful songs ever written in the death/doom genre;

And yeah I don't mean to be overbearing and you don't have to like them or anything, I just love them very much and this is what happens. Pardon! x)

Archived