DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Thinking About Making A Seanchan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey Kronos!! Glad to have you with us! Of course there will be people to play with. Like Kath and Me. I been getting ready to get back in the swing of things here and looking forward to playing with you (errrrrr you know...... writing!!)

Did you find the website helpful?

Errr no, sorry.... lol no playing the Empress :tongue:

but where do you get that they get tattood at all? I must have missed that part in the books. For years we tried to get some help in going over the various cultures in order to further refine our website information (and perhaps adjust our progression systems accordingly) but that never really worked out.

So I'm very interested in learning where you learned that the Seekers had special tattoos. If so, I definately would like to incorporate that in the progression system as that is a very interesting piece of incentive for people to play with.

"Smiling with silent amusement, he removed his coat, unlaced his shirt and stripped it off. On either shoulder was the tattoo of raven and tower.

Most Seekers for Truth bore the ravens as well as the Tower, but not even someone who dared steal a seeker's plaque would have himself marked so. To wear the ravens was to be the property of the Imperial Family."

The Shadow Rising Chapter 38

Egeanin meets a seeker and is concerned about the validity of his plaque...so he shows her the tattoos to prove his claim.

Caught it in my reread.

oh great, thanks for letting us know! I totally missed that part in my readings.

We'll definately add this to the progression system. Alright so we need to decide on this then.

The lore says "Most have the raven as well as the Tower". This implies that some don't have the raven (and consequently are not property of the Throne). The only ones I can think of that this would apply to would be Ogier, who are never property. However, I can't recall Ogiers being Seekers. They're much more likely to be Deathwatch Guards instead.

So for simplicity purpose I'm thinking of the following:

An apprentice Seeker gets one shoulder tattood when graduating to Seeker. After he/she successfully completes his/her first mission the second shoulder is also tattood.

Does that sound ok?

Alright, let's do it like this then.

Kronos, to you the honour of being the first to make such a character. So make it a good one (bio-wise and such) so we can totally take advantage of your talent and use you as a template for possible future Seekers :)

Let me know when you have sent in your bio so that I don't forget to check the email.

I had a seeker trainee about 8 years ago or so when the seanchan had their own division though it was still not very big. For what its worth I am pretty sure the tattoos were incorporated into the training then. You earned the first raven after you finished training and the second after completing various missions. Unfortunately I don't remember many of the details beyond that the tattoos were important. I like the idea of them being included.

Alright, let's do it like this then.

Kronos, to you the honour of being the first to make such a character. So make it a good one (bio-wise and such) so we can totally take advantage of your talent and use you as a template for possible future Seekers :)

Let me know when you have sent in your bio so that I don't forget to check the email.

Will do - sorry it's taking awhile, but I'm really trying to make sure I understand the culture lol.

hey Arinth, thanks for the input. I'm glad it used to be part of the old progression system as well. Sounds like it was somewhat the same concept as we'll be doing now only slightly different. But it should amount to the same thing in RP experience, really.

The only thing I want to see is some genuin effort going in to the first mission before completing it and earning the second half of the tatoo.

No worries Kronos, I'm also trying to juggle several things at once so take your time. We'll be here whenever you're ready to go :)

ok will do Kronos, but if you won't mind giving me a few days? I'm currently battling a rather severe throat and lung infection and my ability to focus is gone. If you don't mind, I'd like to give myself till Sunday so I can give your bio my full attention.