DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Those that didn't make it.

Icedragon

I agree that Rhuarc's death was treated more like an afterthought, I'd have much rather he had a more heroic one.

I am left thinking the great commanders were treated abysmally (gotta gets rid of them somehow, ;p)

But the death that upset me far more than any others was Bela, poor, sweet, Bela. So patient and just wanted a bit of grass and a nice rubdown.

*choke* ...Sorry, can't type now, must leave keyboard. WHAAAAAA!!! :darkone:

Guest 2riversfarmer

I was let down by Egwene's death because all the changes she was bringing upon the AS and with her gone now those changes will be stopped. Cadsuaine as Amyrlin will bring back the older attitudes and practices of the WT because that is what she believes in. Egwene was bringing the WT back to what they were supposed to be and now nothing will change.

I also agree with the opinion of how Rhuarc was treated. He deserved more. I understand that his death served to prove that Avienda's vision had been circumvented but it could have come in a more fitting way.

I am actual realy suprised that Rand lived he was set to die he had children people to greave the perfect opotunity and the professy. I am realy happy he survived though he deserves some peace and calm

I thought he'd die too. I think almost all of us did.

There might be a chance that Cadsuane would agree with at least the things that Egwene set up with other groups once Cadsuane is told about them.

Probably also with Egwene's other Amyrlin changes.

I'm glad Egwene died. I'm just angry she died a good death. She was such an obnoxious, simpering, arrogant little brat throughout the whole series. And then she gets to die epicly while real heroes like Rhuarc and Siuan get shafted.

I actually really like Egwene and was sad when she died. (Even though she did have a good death)

I read aMoL in about 3 days, just got it and didn't stop. It has been over a year so I hope I don't have any details wrong. I didn't mind Gawyn dying, I understood that he was angery but he was an ass, yes he got better, finally, plus he was raised to give his life above his own. I liked Galad trying to save him giving Galad more depth. As for Egwene I would have liked it more that as a strong female (and yes I had some issues with her) would have overcome his death and did the anti balefire weave and lived. I expected more from her over a long period of time simply because of Elida's prophesy about her. Siuan and Gareths death were sad and at the time it was a little omg fml, same with Rhuarc when he died. It makes since that so many died in the last battle but because no main characters had died up to that point it was shocking, but still in a good way. Loved that Lan lived that was a great moment.

As for Egwene I would have liked it more that as a strong female (and yes I had some issues with her) would have overcome his death and did the anti balefire weave and lived.

The thing is, in order to overcome Taim in their duel, she had no choice but to overdraw on the power. So whether Gawyn had died or not, she certainly would have. She didn't commit suicide out of grief.

She might not have been quite so eager to do it if Gawyn hadn't died... but yes. I mostly liked Egwene towards the end but I thought her death fitting. At least in the sense that she didn't get to obliterate Taim and live herself. That would have been something of a slap in the face.

The fact that she murders Nynaeve as a person (that entire "mother" thing was complete BS), keeps acting like a stuck up brat even after being repeatedly smacked down by everyone important, and only decides to marry Gawyn once he agrees to obey her every command makes it kind of hard to like her. 

Actually, there was 1 condition to the obedience::  she letting him protect her.

And the proposal was made after they talked about his return.

Also, her commands to him after that scene seemed reasonable to at least me.

Archived