A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Clash of Divinity - Advanced Mafia - Day 7 - Reckoning

ReleaseTheEvil

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great game guys.

NOT MODSPEAK BUT A WORD TO THE WISE

rags, please edit your post for language and the Jew remark.

well definitely the language, that's not ok here.

I'd appreciate staying off the antisemitism on a personal level.

that is all.

sorry to interrupt,

carry on.

great game guys.

that is all.

sorry to interrupt,

carry on.

great game guys.

that is all.

sorry to interrupt,

carry on.

I see what you're saying; this is actually an inside joke because someone on WF (another forum we play on) called me a similar name earlier tonight (also jokingly) and that's also why he said "that one's for you." He's not actually anti-semitic.  

May as well edit it out though Rags

great game guys.

that is all.

sorry to interrupt,

carry on.

great game guys.

that is all.

sorry to interrupt,

carry on.

I see what you're saying; this is actually an inside joke because someone on WF (another forum we play on) called me a similar name earlier tonight (also jokingly) and that's also why he said "that one's for you." He's not actually anti-semitic.  

May as well edit it out though Rags

yeah, I'm not terribly offended though the social group leader may feel differently.

the language tolerance in the BT is much lower than on the main board so... just a very strong suggestion.

ok, you play more now, I shut up and just spectate.

thanks!

Cool. If you trust me at all shoot rag. I got an unusual result on him last night. I got my own info.

Bahahaha you are so full of crap.  You know what happens to opposing factions when I try so want me offed. 

Major scumslip.  Rag just referred to his "faction" in a direct sense as mafia.  You can conceed now, bye rag.

And if nobody got it, Role cop.  I don't care if you think it is town or mafia but I found one and I intend to find more.

Rags does it make any sense for Darthe to have gotten his own result on you

Mirror or redirect whatever 

No.

A logical response.  I suppose if you flip mafia even and don't have some sort of redirect ability they will lynch me then.  This is a win-win so far as I see it.

Cool. If you trust me at all shoot rag. I got an unusual result on him last night. I got my own info.

Bahahaha you are so full of crap.  You know what happens to opposing factions when I try so want me offed. 

Major scumslip.  Rag just referred to his "faction" in a direct sense as mafia.  You can conceed now, bye rag.

And if nobody got it, Role cop.  I don't care if you think it is town or mafia but I found one and I intend to find more.

I never said anything remotely close to 'my faction'.

Opposing faction implies that you have one.  No need to try and wriggle out.  Between a botched view and that slip this is a no brainer.  I literally could have nothing to gain on thread, not even credibility in a recruiting game, by revealing this info.  

I will again unvote vote rag

Opposing faction implies that you have one.  No need to try and wriggle out.  Between a botched view and that slip this is a no brainer.  I literally could have nothing to gain on thread, not even credibility in a recruiting game, by revealing this info.  

I will again unvote vote rag

That is possibly the dumbest logic I have ever heard.  if you are town, scum is an opposing faction.  if you are scum, town is an opposing faction.  You are not this stupid.

I dunno what you want from me Turin, I said what I thought, even if you don't like my reads.

To me they are not true reads more commentary on events. there are no conclusions except possibly on Dap.

Do you think Darthe is truly town?

Do you suspect WBK(Ley 2.0) for not giving reads?

Do you think Chaelca is mafia hiding behind noobness or genuinely confused in her first game?

What does my posting in an attempt to curb early setup spec mean to you? are you for the setup spec or not? 

opinions on who you think is actually mafia. and reasons for those suspicions. 

If those people mentioned are your suspects then please say so. What you put out looks like something  for show. 

well i am confused, first because i don't speak english that well and it's hard for me to follow some of ur sentences ...

and because a lot of the reason why people post are related to other gameplays.

for the moment, i tend to look suspiciously at people who make forget themselves or are too "present" pushing ideas.

Three things.

1) Nobody can rationally give an explanation of how this works out in my personal favor.  It helps town one way or another and makes me a huge target for town and scum if I am lying and town and scum if I am honest.

2) Rag hasn't done the first thing that town does when accused of being mafia.  He has had plenty of time to.  He hasn't claimed town or a role.  That should say enough on its own.

3) Instead of defending himself or explaining how a situation could make sense, even in vague or thin ways, Rag's initial response has been to attack his attacker, make this about him and I.  That also is not the town response to this sort of pressure.  But by all means don't take my word for it.  Recall when you yourselves have been mafia and outted.  When you have been town and lied about.  Do those responses fit up with the way he is reacting?  No.

P.S. Nobody has voted for him and I have two ??? votes.  That either indicates severe caution on the parts of the scum teams or idk what.  In any case I don't like it.  

Darthe

I can't shoot Rags

If he's a mirror, I'll dieoieglittersrh.gif

Thank god you are smart enough to see that. I was worried I'd read up and find you dead (that's assuming you are town with a Vig shot)

That is true but I figured he just screwed up investigative PR's somehow.  Mirror would hurt this a lot.  Do we lynch then?

You were the one that named him mirror

You knew what it would do and what It would mean

Also to Turin. Dnt make him claim. It's pretty obvious what he is if he's telling the truth about all this

It is criminal how inactive this game is.

4 pages for me to read up on after 3 hours of work. It really isn't that bad

Three things.

1) Nobody can rationally give an explanation of how this works out in my personal favor.  It helps town one way or another and makes me a huge target for town and scum if I am lying and town and scum if I am honest.

2) Rag hasn't done the first thing that town does when accused of being mafia.  He has had plenty of time to.  He hasn't claimed town or a role.  That should say enough on its own.

3) Instead of defending himself or explaining how a situation could make sense, even in vague or thin ways, Rag's initial response has been to attack his attacker, make this about him and I.  That also is not the town response to this sort of pressure.  But by all means don't take my word for it.  Recall when you yourselves have been mafia and outted.  When you have been town and lied about.  Do those responses fit up with the way he is reacting?  No.

P.S. Nobody has voted for him and I have two ??? votes.  That either indicates severe caution on the parts of the scum teams or idk what.  In any case I don't like it.  

1.  You think it's worth the risk or your results are wrong.

2.  I already claimed unkillable indy.  Plus, just because someone goes, "Oh, I totes have a result derpy de derp derp." doesn't mean you get claims. 

3.  I called you scum...when?  I simply called you dumb.

And your entire #3 is beyond stupid.  You know VERY well that I don't follow a number of the so-called 'Mafia rules'.  And so what if someone would handle a false accusation differently.  It means nothing.  People handle things differently.

I do think its absolutely worth lynching you.  Anyone would, it just makes sense.

You fake claimed a joke and are now using that as legitimate reasoning to blow off an undeniable bit of logic that you have not and cannot refute.  Your remaining shred of credibility just rotted away and died.

I didn't say you called me scum.  I said you're attacking me instead of defending you.  That sort of semantic response is also a scumtell.

@Dap, I didn't consider the mirror role but it is possible.  I was thinking something closer to a nightly redirector or nexus or the mafia thing that is basically impervious to all investigations.  Can't remember the name atm.  But yeah it seems safer to lynch him.

No, anyone with a brain would not.  Hell, you haven't even said what this supposed result is. 

There is no logic.  You've said you have some mystical result.  Which is bull.  You have nothing.  It's "a result".

Now this is a very nice backtrack.  I am saying that your result is bull.  And you have no clue about my scumtells.  let's be honest here.

I don't know what kind of roles were put into the game, but as far as I know, there is NO reason for Darthe to have gotten such a result on me.  So there are two possibilities.  He is lying or his ability is bad.  I lean option 1. 

I do think its absolutely worth lynching you.  Anyone would, it just makes sense.

You fake claimed a joke and are now using that as legitimate reasoning to blow off an undeniable bit of logic that you have not and cannot refute.  Your remaining shred of credibility just rotted away and died.

I didn't say you called me scum.  I said you're attacking me instead of defending you.  That sort of semantic response is also a scumtell.

@Dap, I didn't consider the mirror role but it is possible.  I was thinking something closer to a nightly redirector or nexus or the mafia thing that is basically impervious to all investigations.  Can't remember the name atm.  But yeah it seems safer to lynch him.

So you thought instantly that you got redirected back onto yourself by chance and never considered a mirror

Sure

No, anyone with a brain would not.  Hell, you haven't even said what this supposed result is. 

There is no logic.  You've said you have some mystical result.  Which is bull.  You have nothing.  It's "a result".

Now this is a very nice backtrack.  I am saying that your result is bull.  And you have no clue about my scumtells.  let's be honest here.

I don't know what kind of roles were put into the game, but as far as I know, there is NO reason for Darthe to have gotten such a result on me.  So there are two possibilities.  He is lying or his ability is bad.  I lean option 1. 

Actually I did.  I stated that I got my own info.  I then logically concluded that this result was inaccurate due to either your role or some role that in some way inhibited me or you, a factor which you have never even mentioned despite it being what town would do.  I then accused you, a method of probing for more information through analysis of reactions, and have found you to be both logically and emotionally wanting.  As to your final point, you were mafia against me in our first game together and I have been able and read you accurately ever since, excepting cases where I was mafia and had you killed.  Here I thought you town and so viewed you and was shown to be wrong.  This has been confirmed by your responses.  Instead of attempting to reconcile logical information or analyze data your only efforts have been to incriminate me and assault my integrity or standing in the game.  That is the original scum tactic and it remains the most effective for its simplicity and for the psychological fact that people believe what they want over what is true.  This essentially proves my case... for anyone who reads it.  

So you thought instantly that you got redirected back onto yourself by chance and never considered a mirror

Sure

=/ not quite.  Didn't want to say this but it looks like between Rag and you that you're both gunning to make me look like an idiot so you can steam-roll me.  I considered three things about this before revealing it.

1) RTE is a new mod.  How do you reconcile a mirror with recruitment?  I've got no clue on this one because it doesn't have precedent that I know of.  It would be almost impossible and definitely balance crushing to have both mechanics in the game where they could swap back and forth, so I assumed that it was a lesser ability.

2) If recruitment exists (pretty confident that it does) then are some townies immune to it?  If not, Tommy revealed a day killing ability.  I don't want to have to deal with someone who is secretly pulling for the other team and gives them a day shot or someone that conveniently gains a 1x power.  So if a mirror exists I wouldn't have been fussed by the loss (sorry TOM!) but it would have verified toms role if Rag wasn't a mirror.

3) Within a couple of days we are likely to all be recruited, dead, or fighting a mult-way battle that is no longer in our favor.  I wanted the quickest leg up on that possible and so I intend to eliminate threats.  If I could test two roles, gain quick info, verify myself immediately and still have a lynch left in the day it would really help me win as town if I was unconvertable and really get me set up for an early recruit if I wasn't.  I suspect we are but that is honest and simple logic.  Playing to my alignment right now doesn't mean I want to find myself in a corner later.

Ok so here's the issue

Your role is the least likely in all this

Toms makes sense

Mirror is unlikely as you say, but it's your word that a mirror or redirect role exists

Rags hasn't claimed either of the roles that would explain your result

Then there is your result

It makes you a specialty if we believe you, so not to clash with potential other roles, it's likely a role I've seen as both town or mafia, and so far it is unverified. Add to that one of the ways your weird result can be explained (the first thought I had, and what I thought you were pushing at) doesn't make sense in the game, and could of killed a potentially useful role in the game due to your "lack of though".

Last tom will not have been recruited for his power, he revealed since day begun. So he may of been recruited, but not for his power, and in most cult games you become vanilla post recruit.

Archived