DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

***The Official "Random Thoughts" Thread***

hazelkrs1

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh but speaking of microwaves did you know that metal is perfectly safe to nuke as long as you don't form an arc.

so go ahead and leave the spoon in the cup, it'll be fine.

also, if you cook funny shaped.... lets say chickens.... yes, chickens... and you don't want the smaller wee bit like... the wings... and... drumsticks yes drumsticks... to burn before the torso.. um... rest of the chicken is cooked... you just cover it's little Han... erm.... wings... and drumsticks.... with foil.... to protect them from overnukage.

:smile:

chickens. ayup.

and a microwave?

Actually if you cut a grape in half and place it in a microwave, under a glass, you can make your own plasma.  Do not try this at ho- you already went out and bought grapes didn't you?

I long ago looked up the fruit and vegetables that flame on or splode in the nuker but I have mostly been content to watch them on YouTube cause I kinda like my microwave.

sensor reheat ftw :wub:

Try to microwave a bar of Irish Spring Soap...

oh but speaking of microwaves did you know that metal is perfectly safe to nuke as long as you don't form an arc.

also, if you cook funny shaped.... lets say chickens.... yes, chickens... and you don't want the smaller wee bit like... the wings... and... drumsticks yes drumsticks... to burn before the torso.. um... rest of the chicken is cooked... you just cover it's little Han... erm.... wings... and drumsticks.... with foil.... to protect them from overnukage.

:smile:

chickens. ayup.

What's the point of microwaving a spoon if you can't touch it?

also, if you cook funny shaped.... lets say chickens.... yes, chickens... and you don't want the smaller wee bit like... the wings... and... drumsticks yes drumsticks... to burn before the torso.. um... rest of the chicken is cooked... you just cover it's little Han... erm.... wings... and drumsticks.... with foil.... to protect them from overnukage. :smile:

chickens. ayup.

why wouldn't you be able to touch it?

also, if you cook funny shaped.... lets say chickens.... yes, chickens... and you don't want the smaller wee bit like... the wings... and... drumsticks yes drumsticks... to burn before the torso.. um... rest of the chicken is cooked... you just cover it's little Han... erm.... wings... and drumsticks.... with foil.... to protect them from overnukage. :smile:

chickens. ayup.

Because metal conducts heat extremely well so if there's hot food in there, touching the metal wouldn't be fun.  Also, foil can arc because it's usually not that smooth.

chickens. ayup.

Because metal conducts heat extremely well so if there's hot food in there, touching the metal wouldn't be fun.  Also, foil can arc because it's usually not that smooth.

I've done both many times.

the spoon doesn't get any warmer than it does in a cup of tea or coffee or soup you heat any other way.

the foil can arc if you make it so but it's easy enough not to. if you check out older microwave cookbooks before they had to dumb things down for folks who didn't understand words like arc they recommend covering the drummies and the bits of meat that cooked faster with foil. but then someone saw sparks cause they left the wire on their leftover Chinese food and everyone got scared of metal in the nuker in general.

face your fear. right now, make a cup of tea with the spoon in it and you will feel brave and strong and logical.

it's very empowering.

then do the grape thing, it's kinda cool.

and a microwave?

Actually if you cut a grape in half and place it in a microwave, under a glass, you can make your own plasma.  Do not try this at ho- you already went out and bought grapes didn't you?

I long ago looked up the fruit and vegetables that flame on or splode in the nuker but I have mostly been content to watch them on YouTube cause I kinda like my microwave.

sensor reheat ftw :wub:

Try to microwave a bar of Irish Spring Soap...

... but I don't wanna mess...

heh, dare you to nuke a peep.

chickens. ayup.

I've done both many times.

the spoon doesn't get any warmer than it does in a cup of tea or coffee or soup you heat any other way.

the foil can arc if you make it so but it's easy enough not to. if you check out older microwave cookbooks before they had to dumb things down for folks who didn't understand words like arc they recommend covering the drummies and the bits of meat that cooked faster with foil. but then someone saw sparks cause they left the wire on their leftover Chinese food and everyone got scared of metal in the nuker in general.

face your fear. right now, make a cup of tea with the spoon in it and you will feel brave and strong and logical.

it's very empowering.

then do the grape thing, it's kinda cool.

We'll I've never put a spoon in a pot of coffee or tea kettle either so I don't know exactly how hot that is (I'd assume somewhere around 160 degrees F) but I'd rather not find out.  Especially not at McDonald's.

A friend put a metal fork in her rice dish in the microwave. The door opened abruptly, rice all over the place, luckily the fork didn't hurt anyone. I am still not going close near it. Stupid to put metal inside. But the microwave's haunted ever since.

Archived