DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Warder Gameshow Week - Welcome to The Black Magic Stories!

Theodora

Well, my line of reasoning was that doctors tend to have namebadges, and lawyers might~?  Postmen don't, however.  If he was the only one without a name badge, and the others weren't named John, then we have our answer.  Oh, and cause it's bugging me...that double jeopardy thing from earlier wouldn't actually work...  Technically, those would be two different crimes, and two separate trials.  It wasn't actually double jeopardy.

The doctor and the lawyer...they weren't dead as well, were they?

About the previous crime: The man was released from jail after completing a 20 years sentence for the murder of his wife. He used to be a well-respected rich businessman. She faked her death (being strangled), took all his money and change her name,ID. But not her face, so the husband saw her and indeed strangled her. He already had completed the sentence for strangling his wife. You cannot be judged for the same crime twice.

About the current crime: no name badges, tags, tattoos, anything. The suspects were all alive and on their feet. The pattern on the wall cannot be such a solid proof - any of the suspects could have moved, they could have switched places.

It is another thing...

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cindy gets a point

You started cutting hands and I was morbid :tongue:

Let's head to WoT.

Mat and Talmanes both order oosquai. The bartender brings two identical drinks. Mat drinks his quickly and leaves to talk to Rand. Talmanes savours his drink longer and he dies. What happened?

About the previous crime: That is a somewhat convoluted situation, but more likely he'd receive a lightening of his sentence, or a pardon, or the judge would face some sort of censure.  However, the poor misaccused man had "committed" a separate crime at two different instances in time, and therefore does not fall under the purview of DJ.  Double Jeopardy only protects from being tried for the same crime twice.  If he had been accused of murder and then gone free, and later more evidence comes to light that suggested that he actually did kill her, then Double Jeopardy could be invoked.

Sorry, just a joke.  Sometimes I forget that not everybody has my (often ill-timed) sense of humor.

Hmm...did the inn burn down?

About the previous crime: That is a somewhat convoluted situation, but more likely he'd receive a lightening of his sentence, or a pardon, or the judge would face some sort of censure.  However, the poor misaccused man had "committed" a separate crime at two different instances in time, and therefore does not fall under the purview of DJ.  Double Jeopardy only protects from being tried for the same crime twice.  If he had been accused of murder and then gone free, and later more evidence comes to light that suggested that he actually did kill her, then Double Jeopardy could be invoked.

Sorry, just a joke.  Sometimes I forget that not everybody has my (often ill-timed) sense of humor.

Hmm...did the inn burn down?

Hrm. Damn Hollywood movies lying to us... Interesting. 

Kwom, about the DJ, well, did not know that but we could awlays kill the man :biggrin:

RTE, well, let's say the mortality in those stories is quite high, but sometimes they get away with it - like Mat :wink:

So, RTE, what about the oosquai, it could be vodka if you want but let's say it is a strong spirit.

Kwom, no, the bar did not burn down.

The drinks were the same and so was the ice - with poison core. Mat drank it quickly, before the ice melted and saved himself, but Talmanes - drank very slowly and the poison was dissolved into his glass.

A point for Cindy!

And btw, I blameThe Taint :wink:

Let's see you on this:

A man was running as fast as he could in a dimmly lid hallaway.The lights started flickering, so the man stopped running and begun crying.

What happened?

Archived