DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The fitness bug

i was thinking that maybe we just post our goals  what we intend to do to meet them and update what we ARE doing to meet them.  Mutual support plus monthly activity points maybe?

I +1 this idea. It is good.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6' 2" and a bit (for offshore medicals the bit always seemed important :rolleyes: )

Essentially tall enough that shopping is always a traumatic experience, as witnessed last weekend, that I was too tall for my dream career when a teenager, but that I'm a perfect height for wedging yourself in a bunk in a Force 10.

I have a lot of friends who are about 5', so it seems even taller than normal.

Yup that is tall enough to cause trouble. Taller than me by 1" (and a bit)

As a dancer being big and tall (like me) causes issues in most of the outfits I need to buy have to be specially fitted.

And I know what you mean about seeming taller hanging around shorter friends. Half the girls in the dance team are about 5' or 5'2". One of my dance partners was only just taller than me when I was kneeling.

(mustn't forget the bit, it's very important)

I'll point out that that's without heels, but since I never wear them that's not really an issue - I'm more likely to dance barefoot.

We were attempting dips last week, just as I'd moved round the circle to the shorter guys - where we discovered two problems.  One they don't seem to be able to support my neck very well, and two if I was to 'grasp' the way the guest instructors kept telling us to I'd be, uh, kneeing the guy where it hurts.

I don't dance well enough to need costumes yet and won't ever, although we've been going since Christmas, until recently it's only been once a week, so it took us a while to improve, but I think, apart from my niece, it's the thing I'm going to miss the most

that's very tall for a 14 year old! My brother is also, oh dear he did turn 14.....anyways, he's already about 6' and weighs a good 250 pounds - he makes a great football lineman but don't let his appearance fool you as he is also a blackbelt in tae kown do!

If  you would like, I can create a pinned thread with all of our goals and maybe we can even each make those little tracker thingamajigs for our goals, be it weight loss, general fitness or maybe even increasing the weights you use (that's part of mine right now...need to buy new weights though...)

Jealous of the heat. Its like maybe double figures here (Celsius) and during the day we are maybe mid teens. But its getting warmer. I have been wearing shorts for the past week or two already (even with the frosts)

Ok,

I still want to lose another at least another 2 stone, but I don't now have scales to do a weekly check.  The aim is to drop another dress size and a bit, so I may look out for some measuring tape and do it that way...

Fitness wise, it's going to have to be the gym as it's too bloody hot here (and I arrived after the sun was down) to be active outside.  So I'll check that out tomorrow and see what's available.

Okay, with the ticker - I'll put the directions in the goals thread :biggrin:

My goal is to get back down to at least my college weight (which is currently 20 pounds away :sadface: ) and then I'd like to lose about another 15 on top of that....by ticker says I have 55 to go but I don't know if I"ll ever weigh 115 because of my bone structure, but, it's worth the try, right?

I know I'm late to this but seeing as the topic's still going...mwahaha yesssss. I joined a football team after I got over to Germanland about half a year ago (...woah O.o) and play/train at least 4 times a week.... partly because I gatecrash the other women's team's practices as well :P and partly cos season's just started and we have a game every Sunday. Whoo! Plus I go jogging on days I don't have footy (usually, tho I've been sick for a whole week and didn't do anything :sad:)

I went to the gym thing when I first came here and I didn't know about the soccer fields around the corner (duuhh), but it's too expensive (although it was awesome and fun)

I'd say fitness level is preeeeeetty high, and I'm slightly scared how strong my tummy muscles are all of a sudden O.o (blame soccer camp, it was atrociously agonizing).

On the other hand, the me-that-was-raised-on-ultra-wholegrain-organic-nonsugar-blah-blah-healthystuffs is still adjusting to the usual Western diet (not that I haven't eaten stuff like this before, just I'm not used to on a daily basis) so instead of becoming ultra-ripped in a short while XD I'm still my usual weight *shrug*

....although I've heard that muscle weighs quite a bit more that say, fat, so that might be a thing *ponder* Anyhow I'm trying to experiment with maybe 3-4 kgs to test that theory..

So yeah I tend to stay away from white sugar and white flour because my body admittedly rrreeeeaaally doesn't like it (I know this from past experiene) but it's sooooo hard in modern society. o.O

XD ^words of a child from a previously self sustainable hermit family :p

Archived