DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Happy Successful Rebellion Against The Evil Empire Day!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thankee kindly

they started blowing stuffs up yesterday. today meat gets cooked salad gets too much mayo and drink gets drunk and there's cake the looks like a flag w whipped cream, strawberries and blueberries

then there's more sploding.

yay.

I'm grilling chicken kabobs :) 

Also, 17 March is the other biggest drinking day in Boston. It's both St. Patrick's Day and Evacuation Day which means you best get doubly drunk or you're not a true Bostonian.

I love my birthday week! 

So ... Boston is like England?

Not really, but it's as close as you'll get in the US. There is a reason it's called New England you know. We have one of the only non-rhotic accents in the US. We've also got a lot of familiar toponyms (hence our ability to be understood when asking for Worcestershire sauce).

I'm a little too young for Cheers. Boston Rob was/is a popular Survivor contestant.

The film Good Will Hunting is actually probably one of the best examples there is. Matt Damon and Ben Affleck are from the area. The Town is good too.

I've never watched Survivor.

Matt Damon and Ben Affleck - yes.

Is a posh clipped cultured englishy american accent at times :)

A bit West Wing. Although I always thought there was the impression that speaking very very very quickly meant you were more clever in that show lol

The posh Englishy sounding accent is more of an aristocrat/politician/Beacon Hill sort of thing (like the Kennedy family or Martin Sheen in The West Wing). I think I remember it being referred to as the "Boston Brahmin" accent. It's parodied with the Mayor Quimby character in the Simpsons.

Going and seeing things is a great way to learn about them.

I've seen Boston. I had a pickup there once. The place was literally on a pier. Had to do this crazy backup with huge truck/trailer with no free space and potential drop into the ocean. Or bay or harbour or whatever it was.

But back to topic. Happy independence day. Can I fly the alien spaceship now?

Does it really have a kangaroo and an emu on it?

Croiky?

What's an American Passport like? Do you really touch your hand to your heart when you sing your National Anthem, like they do in films?

What's going on the BBQ today?

How do you make proper BBQ sauce? The really sticky sort?

the last time I had a passport it was like a little blue leathery kinda pamphlet I think.

on the BBQ today we are having chicken and pork spiedies, which are like Italian dressing marinated chunks of meat normally skewered bu that's too much work so just grilled, on bread with or without cheese, or on green salad, and shrimp in foil packets with old bay seasoning, butter, and beer, con on the cob soaked in beer then grilled, German potato salad, pasta salad with... something like antipasto in it which sounds oxymoronic but isn't, and perhaps steak and maybe ribs. baked beans, this and that, whatever ppl bring. please not venison sausage.... sigh but prolly. and regular sausage and peppers and onions most likely. someone will bring crudités, no one will eat it, tomorrow I'll make it into soup with the other leftovers.

the sticky kind of BBQ sauce is mainly ketchup, a little mustard, hot sauce, brown sugar, onion... or you just buy it. I like dinosaur bbqs, and they make a very good cookbook btw and that recipes in it and... hold on, be its online, brb...

ok, here it is, I'm linking it cause they have a metric conversion button, srsly, best sauce evah.

http://www.food.com/recipe/dinosaur-bbq-mutha-sauce-167485

thankee kindly

they started blowing stuffs up yesterday. today meat gets cooked salad gets too much mayo and drink gets drunk and there's cake the looks like a flag w whipped cream, strawberries and blueberries

yay.

:)

lol I'm helping with that ^^

happy 4th, to you and yours and all us mericans and everyone else cause it's good holiday.

thankee kindly

yay.

happy 4th, to you and yours and all us mericans and everyone else cause it's good holiday.

Happy 4th! My kabobs were a success! ^_^

thankee kindly

yay.

Happy 4th! My kabobs were a success! ^_^

excellent!

we're in early stages yet, i gotta get my butt in gear.

but it's gonna be yum :)

Archived