DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Everyone knows The Princess Bride, right?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well ... when one is young, one believes EVERYTHING that one's dad tells them.

And so - my surname was Kirk. And I was told that Jim Kirk was thus my Uncle.

And I went to school and told my friends and they looked at me like I was MENTAL - but I totally continued to insist that he absolutely was - and completely believed it to.

But then I also believed my dad when he said that a Great White would come up through the toilet and eat me. I hovered for weeks.

I'm very trusting and gullible.

Old empty library at night.

Mirrors, any time. (What if the reflection moved differently?)

The old laneway down the side of my grandparents house from decades ago. Was all dark, and I'd picture Evil Thomas the Tank Engine chugging over the crest of the hill opposite and running me over.

There was an Evil Thomas the Tank Engine?

I used to be freaked out about trees, because I once watched a horror film where a tree came alive at night and broke in through the window. It was near a windmill.

So it's not just me who turns every squeak creak and noise at night into an axe murderer creeping up the stairs?

No that's everyone. I think though, after years of being the one who has to confront said demons of the night, you tend to have a more practical assessment of these noises.

And then you figure you are probably going to die anyway, might as well stay warm under the sheets.

Evil Thomas was a region only exclusive, that existed only in the very localized region of My Brain. But could you imagine?

Well ... when one is young, one believes EVERYTHING that one's dad tells them.

And so - my surname was Kirk. And I was told that Jim Kirk was thus my Uncle.

And I went to school and told my friends and they looked at me like I was MENTAL - but I totally continued to insist that he absolutely was - and completely believed it to.

But then I also believed my dad when he said that a Great White would come up through the toilet and eat me. I hovered for weeks.

I'm very trusting and gullible.

this is totally awesome!!!

and strengthening as well.

the first scared I remember that might not have made sense was being in a snipers crosshairs. when I was five I'd drop and crawl to pass a window. must ave seen something in a Hitchcock movie or summat... never really shook that feeling. when we have snipers in the news now it all comes back.

That is worrying.

Mt first scared I remember was being in my pushchair at Blackpool Pleasure Beach and being taken into the Dr Who exhibition that had flashing lights and loud sounds and daleks and SCREAMING the place down.

Pretty much set the tone I think

That is worrying.

Mt first scared I remember was being in my pushchair at Blackpool Pleasure Beach and being taken into the Dr Who exhibition that had flashing lights and loud sounds and daleks and SCREAMING the place down.

Pretty much set the tone I think

oh, but what a delightful scary tone.

I'll save the rest of my scares, they're not that much fun.

maybe someone should just send me a list of all the movies i have to watch

start with the princess bride and the original Star Wars trilogy.

then every other movie that's been mentioned in this thread.

let us know when you run out of movies.

Archived