DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

When did you start reading TWOT?

ratswot

A year or so ago. My friend nagged at me about how the villains in this series are amazing until I agreed to read it. Now I want to choke him.

LOL! You gotta read the series for what it is. Remember TWOT is essentially for young adults. Yes, I would have liked more depth and maturity in the characters but that would have taken it away from the younger core audienceI

I don't think it's only for young adults and there is plenty of depth. The depth doesn't come only from what's in the book but from the reader also. Sometimes the problem isn't in the book. 

QFT

I don't think it's only for young adults and there is plenty of depth. The depth doesn't come only from what's in the book but from the reader also. Sometimes the problem isn't in the book. 

LOL! This cracked me up! This is akin to one going to a restaurant and not particularly enjoying a meal. When asked how the meal was you mention your lack of satisfaction at which point the Chef says you did not eat the food correctly!

I never said TWOT was only for young adults.

LOL! This cracked me up! This is akin to one going to a restaurant and not particularly enjoying a meal. When asked how the meal was you mention your lack of satisfaction at which point the Chef says the problem lies with you!

I never said TWOT was only for young adults.

I'm sorry. It turned out wrong. I didn't mean to offend you. I only meant that everybody has a different taste and a story which may seem cheap or too simple to someone, might be very deep to others. When i was younger i taught that some of the books i had read were really boring but years later i saw them on a whole new level. Sometimes time changes our perspective. :)

I'm sorry. It turned out wrong. I didn't mean to offend you. I only meant that everybody has a different taste and a story which may seem cheap or too simple to someone, might be very deep to others. When i was younger i taught that some of the books i had read were really boring but years later i saw them on a whole new level. Sometimes time changes our perspective. :)

Offend me? You gave me a good laugh! How can I be offended? :-)

I hear what you're saying. Time does change our perspective. When I was in highschool I never appreciated Shakespeare. I've been listening to Shakespeare audiobooks and they're brilliant. Like wise I was a big LOTR fan as a kid. I read that book a number of times but reading it again as an adult did not have the same appeal.

Offend me? You gave me a good laugh! How can I be offended? :-)

I hear what you're saying. Time does change our perspective. When I was in highschool I never appreciated Shakespeare. I've been listening to Shakespeare audiobooks and they're brilliant. Like wise I was a big LOTR fan as a kid. I read that book a number of times but reading it again as an adult did not have the same appeal.

Now YOU gave me a good laugh. You reminded me how as a child i adored mexican soap operas. I'm talking about age 11-12. I even watched "The Bold And The Beautiful". Now i am like: What was i thinking then?"

As for LOTR i know it's a classic but not enough gloomy for me. I like fantasy like The Wheel. More complex and with more stuff going on. 

Now YOU gave me a good laugh. You reminded me how as a child i adored mexican soap operas. I'm talking about age 11-12. I even watched "The Bold And The Beautiful" LOL. Now i am like: What was i thinking then?"

As for LOTR i know it's a classic but not enough gloomy for me. I like fantasy like The Wheel. More complex and with more stuff going on. 

Good on ya :-)

I think I was about 11 when my dad brought back a copy from a business trip to the states, so that would be about 1999-2000 I guess.

11 years old! Wow, you guys hear that? 11 years old!

When I was 11, I read the Divine Comedy and Paradise Lost, and 12 when I read War and Peace. That a work can be read by a child young adult doesn't make it "essentially" for them. I could probably find an 11 year old who could read Prince of Nothing without too much trouble, doesn't mean it's a good idea. Although... As for depth, what's important is not your opinion, it is whether you can justify it.

As for the topic at hand, I started reading in 2006, when Knife of Dreams was still out in hardcover (I was lured in by a promise that it was the penultimate book).

Archived