DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What I did with my own two hands

suchmadness

This is a topic where you tell people what you've done lately with your hands. It's a topic on creativity or anything that you've done that you feel good about. So it can be anything from origami, cooking or chopping wood. I still haven't mastered this probably, not flinching as the axe came down would help. Would like some tips as well on how to do this properly as Winter is coming and I need wood for teh fire.

I like cooking as I find it really soothe me after a hard day. The hypnotic chopping and prepping, the smell of food cooking, the tasting...hmmm it really gets me going. I like cooking stew in Winter with the fire crackling in the background, red wine and some mellow jazz as accompaniment like Ella Fitzgerald or Gladys Knight. I usually like to roast an apple in the fire at this stage and the smell of roasting apples with sprinkle of cinnamon would parfume the air as I'm cooking and it's just...domestic heavan.

So what really gets you going?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No nuh uh not for the exhibition. Don't wanna jinx it. But I will be posting pics of some of drawings which had nothing to do with the exhibition.

The exhibition will be entitle Femme Noir: The Bitch Within. It's a response to the deragatory comments made to strong women or any women really who dares.

It's just a small exhibition in a regional galery and I'm still working on it. Finding time between looking after baby is a bit hard at the moment so I'm going really slowly.

I've just jinx myself by telling ppl in PM that I don't have any problems with cloudflare and after that I did have problems. DM is behaving weirdly on me. Sometimes I can post pics and sometimes I can't even use the reply box. So waiting for problems with DM to sort itself out.

Meanwhile this is what I'm learning to do just to be interesting at parties :P

<iframe width="640" height="382" src="http://www.videojug.com/embed/a1b9609d-d1ea-c87d-c3eb-ff0008ca8881?ap=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe><p class="vj-videolink"><a href="http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-crack-a-whip-like-indiana-jones/link" target="_blank">crack a whip</a></p>

Aww my fab part of weapons training- learning how to beat yourself silly with the weapon! First you must experience it before you can make others experience it :)

LOL. I now refuse to let people watch me trying to crack a whip. they laughed too much when I whip myself and I'm there hoping around and cursing like buggery.

So what kind of Artist are you Kathleen?

I am an artist of words and fabrics and actions :) I'm a writer and a crafter sbd sn actress.

Although I love 'art' I would wager I'm one of the worst when it comes to anything remotely related to art. Just ask all my 'draw something' friends hahaha.

I'm also the group leader of the artists crafters and writer guild social group here on dm, thus my stealing you there on my first post here. Your topic would be a good bust there and I'm sure they'd like to see your stuff too.

I'm staying here because it's kind of my comfort zone. I'm embracing the madness within. Just keep telling people that no it might look like I have split personality disorder from there but it's actually the voices in my head fighting for supremacy :P

You have to be a bit mad to be an artist right?

Absolutely! And I honestly wasn't trying to drag you there. In the first post I was just trying let you know it exists so you could check it out if you wanted to. My last one was just explaining that (apparently poorly haha) and answering your question in full :).

Go where you're comfy and the rest will come to you right?

Ha! Your try to look humble doesn´t fool anyone, Kath. Trying to steal my members! This will not be forgotten - be sure about that!

( Ehm. Actually, the ACW Guild is a great group. :D )

...telling people it might be split personality from there but it's actually the voices in my head fighting for supremacy :P

Said this really loudly in a restaurant during coversational lull and the guy over on the next table turn to the waitress and said "I'll have what she's having"

That was something to write home about. Make my Monday :)

TEENAGERS ARISE!!

YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE EXCEPT YOURSELF!

....And Let Me Drink Thy Bitter Hemlock

anarchy_zps3cddfde0.jpg

try a wedge splitter instead of an axe with the wood. the weight, leverage and shape do most of the work for you, and the edge isn't as sharp or deadly. it's got a good stable heft and if you have any eye at all it'll go where you want it. not as likely to make chips fly either.

if you're not strong enough to steady the section with one hand and swing with the other... I never was... set up a good platform, at a good height for you to maximize the force and minimize the stress, and kind of box it in, or have solid sections too narrow to split, to snug up against the one you're splitting. nothing serious, just to stop it bouncing away.

you're splitting fresh cut or aged? what kind of wood? what kind of stove?

you've done this before or just figuring your way around?

I can talk about fire as much as gardening or cooking but ill restrain myself :)

had a wood stove for all the heat and half the cooking for a decade or so but then there was the inevitable chimney fire so I don't burn things in my house anymore.

Archived