DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lord of the Rings Mafia [Advanced Mafia] Town Wins!!!!

RandA lThor

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm. BG's response kinda threw me off, I didn't expect him to duck out of that plan so easily. Could either be him not wanting to make waves, or him seeing that it was a bad plan (especially the Doc directing part). As for the RB thing, a town RB'er can sometimes be a hindrance, that's true, but a one-time use RB from the JOAT is a far diff thing. If saved for close to endgame when we think we might know who could be submitting the kill, it can be a huge tool. The Cop thing.... well I dunno it's possible, but really it still counts as gaming the mod, assuming there won't be one in this game. I'd rather we not discuss it at all really, cause if that idea gains traction, then if a Cop comes forward, the mafia team can try and manipulate town into thinking he's lying and lynch him. Right now we shouldn't assume anything.

Even though I'm still wary of BG, I'd be willing to vote RTE, and it seems others would as well.

Unvote, Vote RTE

Still watching you BG. And Turin, I believe you're town, but I don't really think the case on Kronos is that strong myself. Aside from EP's apparent reluctance to vote him that day, which could have either just been EP being obtuse, or sowing wifom, is there anything solid you can give me to convince me to vote him?

I think they are both mafia so willing to vote either one.

As far as Kronos goes. His reaction to the dice vote thing was kinda telling. He is on the symp's list. One mafia already there. His reads seem to mirror EP who we know was mafia and RTE who I think is also mafia. There is also the coming on but not voting. Then when he did vote both the vote post and the following post were off to me. I am sure dap can case him up properly.

Did he give his reread thoughts? I forget. Been a busy day and is nearing time to sleep.

Also panchi is having some internet issues.

I can definitely switch to RTE. But I need to sleep if I can. Freaking heat...

There's a mildly interesting interaction around the cloud undead stuff

Bah?!? Kronos is dead? Can't vote if your dead unless...

your undead :myrddraal::laugh:

So Turin brung it up

I'm here

Turin's case is a good one

Vote Kronos

:P

Cloud votes and....

My first LotR game too!

Vote Cloud. Scumbag. :wub:

RTE quickly jumps on cloud

The only awful thing here is you seriously voting for me.

My vote was just a joke vote.

Or was it, joke votes can cleverly hide a strategy
Then EP nudges

This still bugs me

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/82058-lord-of-the-rings-mafia-advanced-mafia-day-3/?p=2913515

That interaction ending with that post. How Kronos doesn't vote till I make an argument, yea bugs me

Then EP comes to the party

Things are starting to pick up a bit, I agree with you Dap that that was an opportunistic vote, however I'm going to keep my vote on Talya for the moment. I'm seeing a whole lot of finger pointing going around but some of it just seems like paranoid panicking. So far the only 2 to really stand out in this mess to me are Talya and Kronos.

Strange how he doesn't vote...

Yet if you look at the VC you can see why

Official Vote Count

Tina(1): Noli

EP(1): Talya

Dice(1): WBK

WBK(3): Hally, Cloud, Dap

Cloud(3): RTE, Turin, Basel

Basel(4): AH, Tina, Tigs, Lessa

Talya(2): EP, Despo

Darthe(2): BG, Darthe

Not Voting(7): Peace, Nya, Ley, Tiinker, Pank, Dice, Thorkin

L-9

With 24 alive, it takes 13 to lynch

Deadline: Not set yet

Doesn't want to out Kronos at a competing level with Basel if he can help it

(RTE is weirdly absent ATM? Hopefully he pops up soon)

Oh good he appears shortly after

Doing a reread and will post thoughts.

Ok so I think this is the last VC. Same as VC above (or very close to it anyway)

My thoughts:

Cloud: My vote was the first on him and was a joke vote. I am torn between believing he was just making a joke vote and that he got caught, only due to his reactions. That being said, he has had to spend so much time defending his joke vote that haven't heard much more from him. Although, as someone said I think that we would get more information from all the posting surrounding his casing at this point than anything else. so rather ambiguous around cloud. He leaves himself room to vote cloud in the future or not vote, and still be covered

Basel: Opportunistic. But then again I may agree with him so it's hard to say. His interactions have been interesting, enough so that even his lynch would be quite informative. pushes the higher train (the train above Kronos and Clouds) he isn't so ambiguous about this one

Talya: Wants to be BFF with everyone, but everyone has started distancing themselves. Shaky play so far. and she is voting EP. Wouldn't want that to take hold

Tina: Playing carefully but with intent. Interesitng. Very interesting. Notice how he tried to validate the people voting Basel

AH: Some of the best posts in this game. Good posting, seems to be playing devil's advocate on most points. Most helpful to town thus far IMO. also voting Basel

Panchi: If I wasn't so inactive I'd call her out. Good that she finally got her thoughts and opinions out. Will be interesting to follow her play. Atleast you aren't overtly hypocritical

Dap: On his typical playstyle. Which can go either way. I'm on Kronos. So doesn't advocate me, but doesn't go as far to discredit me either

WBK: Did not look good right now, but not convinced he's scum either. Wouldn't be a very informative lynch IMO. Isn't that interesting. WKB isn't informative and isn't mafia. But he leaves enough wiggle room to change his mind

EP: Stoking the flames. Not much of a read as a result. But the only person who is voting him is playing shakey

Dice: Some poor posts but has explained his reasoning (or lack thereof). Pings me a bit with his posting. Hehe, so the one person Kronos is voting you also find scummy. Perfect, just perfect

Darthe: If he's miller, was right to claim now. So far I have a town vibe on him. Although if he's playing for town to win, I hope he goes back to his more aggressive playstyle. This looks a bit like RTE did a bit of distancing from the Darthe thing at this point

No views really on the rest. People need to get in and post more (or at all in some cases) myself included.

We can't let this go to random... Most comfortable with a Cloud or Basel vote right now as they would provide the most information. I don't feel I have enough info to paint anyone as a firm scum read though.

But not Kronos. For some reason he isn't very informative

RTE, why are you pushing to prevent random?

There is no deadline yet. We should be looking for mafia not pushing information lynches.

No firm reads is reasonable. Where are you leaning for possible mafia?

That's true. I figured one isn't far off though and was worried. BS, you were hoping people would move to Basel, and you forgot the deadline hadn't been set yet

If I have to say who pings me, it would be Cloud, Basel, WBK and Talya. But I need more than that. Kronos pings guys, but he's not a good lynch, so pick someone else from that list.

Yea you just want to been seen to think Kronos is scummy

Still, quite a bit going on for day 1. Interesting thus far.

Next one is his second post when he thought that last one was cloud fired. Wonder if there is any interesting differences now he's had a moment to think

Ugh, my post got cloudflared.

You're right, just worried about a looming deadline. this answer changed. Last time you said you thought one wasn't far off, now you say you thought one was looming (meaning one was set already)

Strange discrepancy. Why did you feel the need to lie about it in one of these posts?

I'd say those who pinged me the most are Cloud, Basel, WBK and Talya. Been quite a bit on day 1 but a lot of directions as well.

quite a bit of day. Another little push for a deadline and to be wary

Interesting thus far. Would like to hear from the other quiet players as well.

And he just throws the quiet players thing in there for the Lolz

RTE, you have cloud, Basel, Kronos and talya as pings. So you could go for a lynch on any of them, right?

Of the 4 who would you most prefer? Your vote is on Cloud but that looked like a joke.

Right now Cloud or Basel would give the most information, with Talya coming right on their heels based on her posting and interactions. WBK hasn't looked very good lately but I want to hear more from him first.

Why does Kronos deserve to be heard and get a defence over the others?

Then he is pushed on why Kronos is scummy in his opinion

You know what - that link makes no sense to me.

unvote, vote dice

Yes it is

You just quoted that exact dice post and didnt vote or mention it

I point it out and you are "oh yea there is a legit reason I could of voted, I should jump on while I can"

Whatevs

This interaction. But until I see more I think it's not enough for me to vote on. Would like to see more of WBK

Once again strange. Why does he get to been seen more over the others?

Then this appears

Ok so first of all, I'm going to apologize to dap...my whatevs post was out of line. I was sick yesterday and was kinda in a pissy mood and wasnt really in a good state to argue (not using this to change your mind on my play., rather I'm delivering an apology that I think is necessary.) I believe Kronos. (No need to apologise btw) but now in light of this look at RTEs posts again. Doesn't it strike you like he knew Kronos was sick and could explain himself? It looks like RTE was trying to buy time for a teammate

As regards to my vote on dice. His linking made little sense to me and it still doesn't. I read his post and questioned and then took some time to mull it over and then placed a vote later. I can see why that looks scummy, but reallyi was just taking some time to think. I don't disbelieve that. But I think your time to think was you thinking as mafia, then someone else comes along with a better reason than you had so, thinking over, "it's a good town choice so ill jump on". It was scummy

Other thoughts:

Tayla sdems to be buddying so he does what RTE did. Talya is not to be trusted, therefore her vote of EP is bad

Clouds train seems opportunistic to me, now that he is moing away from defending for that we can focus onhis play

Dknt understand the thing with basel

For now I'm still good with my vote

Last part is weird. He distances himself from the two largest trains, but atleast he sticks to his guns with Dice (not that he could of unvoted without looking scummy as hell lol)

Also I don't think everyone has checked in yet...would like to hear from the silent ones.

RTE also called for the quiet players to post more

RTE, why are you still voting cloud? Why do you think he gives more information than Kronos?

Kronos what did you think about RTE's list of thoughts? Most specifically about AH being the most useful to date.

Heart's post are questioning and providing good insight into the game. I think she has provided a good positive aspect to the game. She hasn't posted much, but her posts are analytical and to the point. I don't really understand her vote on Basel though.

As far as the rest - again I'm not sure about the train on Cloud. Tayla seems to be trying to make friends. Dice I've explained enough on. As for the rest of his list, I see people playing like they usually do. Only one I wouldn't know well is EP - This is only the second game I've played with him in.

Seems really off that you add the last bit about EP. It's just crumbing for later so you can say "I didn't pick up on EP cos I don't know his meta"

Ok I'm here and I will start rereading again and pick up on the things that I have missed last night.

Welcome to the game RTE!

Thanks.

Saturday deadline. You know what that means guys.

It means you need to encourage a lynch fast enough so your teammates don't get spotlighted again and consolidate lynched

Given the way Darthe has been playing the past few games I've been with him in, I'm thinking he's trying to teach us younger mafia players different strategies.

"Us younger mafia players"

You have played enough games that you aren't part if the "younger mafia players"

Given the way Darthe has been playing the past few games I've been with him in, I'm thinking he's trying to teach us younger mafia players different strategies.

Also the wbk post I'm not sure if I'm just reading it weird or not examine it and let me know if you interpret it as saying "newer MAFIA players" or newer mafia game players I feel inclined to believe it could be either way

However bg Thanks for calling me interesting and now for a Valium induced coma ill be on at some point tomorrow

EP is clever enough to use this as a distancing opportunity

Personnllay on the Darht thing ui agree...it's jsut more getting on my nerves more than anythign else. But speed lynch gives no inofo.

The other trains

Tayla - being buddy buddy it's been stated. Soft defenses and what not.

Basel - didn't understand his case at first but AH's wo t has calraified a bit. Dont' like his switch to tayla beacause it's not getting steam seems kinda conventient.

I'm still good with voting dice...i think his post about linking darthe and basel was werind and dind't make any sense at all. Have heard little from him snece

Some people need to come and post more - specifically these people.

Need to post more:

Nyan

--Hasn’t been here much, but when she gets caught up she has commitment issues. Would like more on who she thinks is scummy and why. Possibly scummy.

Nolirion

Only recall him posting a couple of times and don’t remember anything remarkable about any of his posts...

RTE

Kind of fence sitting. Likes my posts. Hasn’t been around much. Have a good feeling. Maaaaaaybe town?

Hallia

See the rant in post number four. Has posted quite a bit without saying much of anything. I would like some more substantial thoughts.

Ley

Ley’s in this game?

Tiinker

Only posted once, it was game related and I think I liked it.

Lessa

Hasn’t been around much. Thinks both Cloud and Basel are scum. Maaaybe town?

Tigraine

Has only posted twice that I could think of/noticed. Neither were very long or specific, but I like what she DID say in both of them. Would like to hear more. Maaaaaybe town?

Pankuri

Has posted many times noting her confusion, once posting thoughts, and maybe a few other game related ones. Is really relying on the “newbie confusion” in my opinion. Scum?

Thorkin

He’s posted once to say he’s here I think?

Willing to go dice or basel

Has cloud been confirmed town at all this game?

If not he's worth looking into. All game Kronos has been careful about him and RTE has been the opposite.

I can see another wot there

Tayla would probabyl be my thr9idrd choice right now...still not sure how I feel about a clloud lynch

rather do basel than clousd i dthink

See lots of cloud

But if cloud was a likely lynch it might if been an attempt for town cred

Anyway that's as much as I'm able to do now. So much uni work to do

So that's up to page 21'

As far as Kronos goes. His reaction to the dice vote thing was kinda telling. He is on the symp's list. One mafia already there. His reads seem to mirror EP who we know was mafia and RTE who I think is also mafia. There is also the coming on but not voting. Then when he did vote both the vote post and the following post were off to me. I am sure dap can case him up properly.

Can you specify what you mean regarding his reaction to Dice's vote? Not sure what you're referring to there.

Him being on Tink's list tells me nothing since I don't think Tink would name his teammates that obviously, and there's also a chance that he didn't even know who his teammates were.

I also don't think there's anything to him not voting EP immediately, he seemed to still be catching up and still voted right after. Besides, do you really think a mafioso would be reluctant to vote a teammate if there was a viewing on them?

As for his reads mirroring EP's and RTE's, I hadn't noticed that but I can take a look tonight and see

Snarky overreaction. Yes. Mafia. Let's puck one of these two and get them lynched please.

As the muggles say the truth will out. :smile:

I dislike it when I'm in the middle of something and you steal my thunder

Name me mafia over it if you want but I like the dramatic case

But now it's just boringly expected

I'd like to think not everyone is so naive.

Dap on the other hand surprises me with each game lately.

Maybe it's time for you to consider changing your meta

Hmmm. BG's response kinda threw me off, I didn't expect him to duck out of that plan so easily. Could either be him not wanting to make waves, or him seeing that it was a bad plan (especially the Doc directing part). As for the RB thing, a town RB'er can sometimes be a hindrance, that's true, but a one-time use RB from the JOAT is a far diff thing. If saved for close to endgame when we think we might know who could be submitting the kill, it can be a huge tool. The Cop thing.... well I dunno it's possible, but really it still counts as gaming the mod, assuming there won't be one in this game. I'd rather we not discuss it at all really, cause if that idea gains traction, then if a Cop comes forward, the mafia team can try and manipulate town into thinking he's lying and lynch him. Right now we shouldn't assume anything.

i always game the mod. I try not to say it too often on thread but every game I do it. To me it's part of the mods job to build in things to trick players gaming the mod or even include clues in a game

Even though I'm still wary of BG, I'd be willing to vote RTE, and it seems others would as well.

Unvote, Vote RTE

Still watching you BG. And Turin, I believe you're town, but I don't really think the case on Kronos is that strong myself. Aside from EP's apparent reluctance to vote him that day, which could have either just been EP being obtuse, or sowing wifom, is there anything solid you can give me to convince me to vote him?

Look at my case. It's a quicker case but I think it gives some reason

Personnllay on the Darht thing ui agree...it's jsut more getting on my nerves more than anythign else.  But speed lynch gives no inofo.

The other trains

Tayla - being buddy buddy it's been stated. Soft defenses and what not.

Basel - didn't understand his case at first but AH's wo t has calraified a bit.  Dont' like his switch to tayla beacause it's not getting steam seems kinda conventient.

I'm still good with voting dice...i think his post about linking darthe and basel was werind and dind't make any sense at all.  Have heard little from him snece

Some people need to come and post more - specifically these people.

Need to post more:

Nyan

--Hasn’t been here much, but when she gets caught up she has commitment issues. Would like more on who she thinks is scummy and why. Possibly scummy.

Nolirion

Only recall him posting a couple of times and don’t remember anything remarkable about any of his posts...

RTE

Kind of fence sitting. Likes my posts. Hasn’t been around much. Have a good feeling. Maaaaaaybe town?

Hallia

See the rant in post number four. Has posted quite a bit without saying much of anything. I would like some more substantial thoughts.

Ley

Ley’s in this game?

Tiinker

Only posted once, it was game related and I think I liked it.

Lessa

Hasn’t been around much. Thinks both Cloud and Basel are scum. Maaaybe town?

Tigraine

Has only posted twice that I could think of/noticed. Neither were very long or specific, but I like what she DID say in both of them. Would like to hear more. Maaaaaybe town?

Pankuri

Has posted many times noting her confusion, once posting thoughts, and maybe a few other game related ones. Is really relying on the “newbie confusion” in my opinion. Scum?

Thorkin

He’s posted once to say he’s here I think?

Willing to go dice or basel

Also, I'm curious as the to cases for a Basel or Cloud lynch? I'm not in favor of just "picking one to go with" as that risks losing a townie.

Just looked over your case Dap. The one on RTE was much stronger IMO, and I already felt he was scummier. The one on Kronos was weak again IMO. Most of it revolved around his vote on Dice, which I didn't find off at all since Dice's post was very scummy to me; the other stuff was all stuff that plenty of other people were saying so I'm not sure why it looked so bad from him. Stuff like Talya buddying up to people, she was and multiple people noticed it. Calling for inactives to step up, which they should and I and many others have also asked for. We've had a lot of people lurking this game. I can also understand his hesitation on the Cloud lynch, there was never a lot there besides the joke vote thing. And I would still consider Kronos part of the "younger" mafia players BTW. He's not a noon but he still isn't as experienced as Darthe or a few others in this game.

As for your point about gaming the mod, its generally not a good idea. Sometimes its necessary because the mod has put a unique game mechanic in that needs some figuring out, but the vast majority of the time mafia can easily use such discussions to either manipulate the town or distract from the scunhunt and muddy up the game.

I know because I LERVE when there are game mechanic discussions going on when I'm mafia. Its far too easy to influence the conversation with subtle nudges. And remember, mafia teams have the advantage when it comes to those discussions because they know more about the game setup. So I hope you get out of that habit, because it is a very anti-town move.

*headdesk*

Thorkin are you serious? Basel is already dead, confirmed town. Cloud is town in my book, and if you were paying ANY attention you'd know why since I said why multiple times.

Its like you're still stuck in day 1. If you're really still that lost it might just be better to ask for a replacement.

I agree the RTE case is stronger

I thought I was voting him? Bah looking back takes effort

unvote vote RTE

As for gaming the mod. I'm not going to change. I do try to avoid mentioning stuff I gleam from gaming then mod but sometimes I feel it is worth mentioning

(I wasn't the first to mention the lack of a cop. But I've been sitting in that for ages now.

I also tried not to mention what roles could clear a miller till you asked)

Lastly Kronos and his younger player, I agree he's not as experienced, but saying that on thread if just a subtle way of reminding people he is a newer player than some. I don't like that

If he had said "I think Darthe is trying to teach THE newer players" instead of US it would of been much better IMO

*headdesk*

Thorkin are you serious? Basel is already dead, confirmed town. Cloud is town in my book, and if you were paying ANY attention you'd know why since I said why multiple times.

Its like you're still stuck in day 1. If you're really still that lost it might just be better to ask for a replacement.

Lol

Lastly Kronos and his younger player, I agree he's not as experienced, but saying that on thread if just a subtle way of reminding people he is a newer player than some. I don't like that

If he had said "I think Darthe is trying to teach THE newer players" instead of US it would of been much better IMO

Fair enough, that makes sense.

(In the style of BG)

Speaking of, RTE did something like that not too long ago, when he was harassing Peace about the role cop thing. He said "how are we, as town, supposed to trust you?" Seemed forced to me. The "as town" part.

*headdesk*

That would have been the part I missed *headdesks himself* That answers the question why he hasn't been around. *marks off of list* :smile:

*headdesk*

Lol

:rolleyes:  I'm trying to gather as much info as I can. Sometimes I miss some.

So, I guess the two biggest trains are Kronos and RTE. Are they any others I'm trying to keep up on all of the cases

so I can make a good choice.

Official Vote Count:

Kronos(2): Turin, Talya

Dice(1): Heart

Despo(2): Hally, Dap

Hally(5): Despo, Cloud, Peace, BG, Chuckles

Not Voting (10): Nya, Noli, RTE, Tina, Ley, Tigs, Pank, WBK, Dice, Thorkin

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch.

L-7

Deadline: http://www.timeandda...ngs Mafia Day 3

I voted Kronos, didn't I?

I can't find it.

Official Vote Count:

L-7

I can't find it.

I think this vote count is about as off as one can get.

Official Vote Count:

L-7

I can't find it.

I think this vote count is about as off as one can get.

I missed a page, sorry about that.

Archived