DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Doctor Who/Wheel of Time

ed2funy

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mr ares once wrote the most beautiful post about how seriously the doctor would pwn the al Thor boy...

have to dig that up some day... it was in one if those cage match related threads in wot discussion...

One word: balefire.

Nuff said. Rand wins.

mr ares once wrote the most beautiful post about how seriously the doctor would pwn the al Thor boy...

have to dig that up some day... it was in one if those cage match related threads in wot discussion...

Nuff said. Rand wins.

o hell no, what's some silly bale fire to The Lord of time?

.mr. Ares on 4/28/11... one of his finest posts... :wub:

What advantages does Rand have? Well, he has the Power, of course, knowledge of centuries of channeling, including balefire, he's faced an evil god, knows how to use a sword, armies at his back, and is the prophesied saviour, the chosen one of the Light, and the Pattern will bend to increase his chances of victory. What advantages does the Doctor have? An unreliable time machine, a sonic screwdriver (some of the time), companions of various degrees of competence and sexiness, an experienced martial artist in only one incarnation, and a reluctance to kill people if he can help it. Rand doesn't have a hope in hell. The Doctor has faced down the scariest things in the universe time and again, and has come out victorious. He has survived the destruction of the universe, he's died repeatedly and not let a silly thing like that stop him, and has committed multiple ats of genocide, including destroying his own people, the Time Lords. The only question is how the Doctor would win, and of course that depends on which Doctor he faces. Let's face it, the Sixth Doctor gunned down the Cybercontroller, the gentle Fifth suffocated a Cyberleader, Seven goaded Davros into using the Hand of Omega to destroy Skaro (and its entire solar system), the Second Doctor manipulated the Daleks into a civil war which nearly destroyed them, and Ten defied the Laws of Time, Four defeated Sutekh the Destroyer, Nine created a device capable of wiping out the Daleks attacking Earth, and only refused to use it as it would kill everything on Earth.

Quotes to back up why the Doctor would win:"The Doctor: Now the question of the hour is, "Who's got the Pandorica?" Answer: I do. Next question: Who's coming to take it from me? [Pause] Come on! Look at me! No plan, no back-up, no weapons worth a damn! Oh, and something else I don't have: Anything to lose! So, if you're sitting up there in your silly little spaceships, with all your silly little guns, and you've got any plans on taking the Pandorica tonight, just remember who's standing in your way! Remember every black day I ever stopped you! And then, AND THEN... do the smart thing: Let somebody else try first."

"The Doctor: [aiming gun at the ceiling] Didn't anyone ever tell you? There's one thing you never put in a trap if you're smart. If you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap.

Angel Bob: And what would that be, sir?

The Doctor: Me."

"Baines/Son of Mine: He never raised his voice. That was the worst thing — the fury of the Time Lord. And then we discovered why — why this Doctor, who had fought with gods and demons, why he had run away from us and hidden... He was being kind.

He wrapped my father in unbreakable chains forged in the heart of a dwarf star. He tricked my mother into the event horizon of a collapsing galaxy to be imprisoned there, forever. He still visits my sister, once a year, every year. I wonder if one day he might forgive her, but there she is. Can you see? He trapped her inside a mirror. Every mirror. If ever you look at your reflection and see something move behind you just for a second, that's her. That's always her. As for me, I was suspended in time and the Doctor put me to work standing over the fields of England, as their protector. We wanted to live forever. So the Doctor made sure we did."

"The Doctor: Don't play games with me. [beat] You just killed someone I liked and that is not a safe place to stand! [The Vashta Nerada continue to spread] I'm the Doctor and you're in the biggest Library in the universe. [pauses] Look me up."

"The Doctor: Dalek! You have been defeated. Surrender! You have failed. Your forces are destroyed, your home planet a burnt cinder circling a dead sun. Even Davros, your creator, is dead! You have no superiors, no inferiors, no reinforcements, no hope, no rescue! You're trapped, a trillion miles and a thousand years from a disintegrated home. I have defeated you. You no longer serve any purpose."

"Stotz: You better turn this ship around Doctor!

The Doctor: Why?

Stotz: Because I'll kill you if you don't!

The Doctor: Not a very convincing argument actually, Stotz, because I'm going to die soon anyway, unless of course —

Stotz: I'll give you to the count of three!

The Doctor: Unless of course I can find the antidote… I owe it to my young friend to try because I got her into this —

Stotz: One,

The Doctor: So you see —

Stotz: Two,

The Doctor: I'm not going to let you stop me now!

Stotz: Three!"

"The Doctor: There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible things. Things which act against everything we believe in. They must be fought!"

Nuff said. Rand wins.

How is he going to get back to the time machine when he was erased from existence? Non-existent people don't get the ability to open doors on phone booths, let alone work the controls of complex machinery.

Nuff said. Rand wins.

How is he going to get back to the time machine when he was erased from existence? Non-existent people don't get the ability to open doors on phone booths, let alone work the controls of complex machinery.

it's not complex damn touchpad autocorrect apple piece of crap.... machinery, it's his beloved tardis.

lol, read the thread. they'd never fight, they're on the same side.

but if they did... the al Thor boy lacks some serious brain power compared to the doctor.

he's written to win so he wins. Mary Sue. as much as egwene.

the doctor wins because he can't lose. he may have a real tussle with the master... but... rands no master.

it's not complex damn touchpad autocorrect apple piece of crap.... machinery, it's his beloved tardis.

lol, read the thread. they'd never fight, they're on the same side.

but if they did... the al Thor boy lacks some serious brain power compared to the doctor.

he's written to win so he wins. Mary Sue. as much as egwene.

the doctor wins because he can't lose. he may have a real tussle with the master... but... rands no master.

Cindy, this is a total logic fail here, since you're taking it as an unwarranted given that one person can't lose without anything to back that up. Rand can tap into the OP and set the doctor on fire just by thinking about it. The doctor has a phone booth and a screwdriver. Whoop-de-flaming-doo. That's not going to help when Rand wraps him in Air to keep him where he is and not let him get to the phone booth, and uses more Air to yank the screwdriver out of his hand. And you think he will automatically beat the Dragon Reborn?

Seriously, I don't get why anyone watches this drivel.

Balefire? Seriously? You want to use a weapon of time against a time lord? Plus, this is assuming that the Doctor is indeed bound to the pattern. Keeping that asuumtion, there is the major fact that the Doctor and Rand would be at odds, personally I think the Doctor and Moiraine would team up on Rand. Rand being ta'veren would help him immensely, sure, but in a straight down to it fight? The Doctor simply shuts the door of the TARDIS and is then safe. Not even balefire could puncture that thing, unless Rand caught the Doc on a bad day. Then if we assume that the Doc is trapped away from the TARDIS, as what usually happens. It would never come down to a straight up duel, there'd be a lot of talking first. Balefire only works if you hit the person, and face it: The Doctor pwns Rand at running. He's been running for more than 900 years, that makes for one fit bugger. The sonic screwdriver would be absolutely useless, as 90% of Randland is made of wood. I reckon it comes down to a tie, the Doctor can travle anywhere via the TARDIS, Rand can via Gateways. Eh. I say tie.

Archived