DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Mafia Game Over] Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark - Mafia Wins!

Ithillian Turambar

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I'm in just five minutes, I've gone to bed but gotta down some painkillers to actually be able to sleep... I'm the tracker. I'll give you my results in the morning. Now I'm gonna stumble back to bed

And you didn't track roo to see who was going to shoot him!?

The lack of a ninja hammer is something to note

Rand ill get to this soon. Just subbed in another game so I've got a catch up read to do there first

I'm surprised Dap, you should know that this isn't scummy at all.  If a mafia ninja hammered right now, and since we are almost sure this is not LyLo, they would almost certainly be lynched tomorrow for hammering a claimed voyeur with full information given.  Possible attempt to throw suspicion on those that are not you?

Ok I'm in just five minutes, I've gone to bed but gotta down some painkillers to actually be able to sleep... I'm the tracker. I'll give you my results in the morning. Now I'm gonna stumble back to bed

OK thats useful.  This is actually narrowing down my list a lot.  Updated list would be

1. Cyan

2. WBK

3. John Snow

4. Player (hopefully not, he makes good cases   :tongue:)

5. Chuckles

6. Rand

7. Mish

8. Maw

9. Peace

As you can see, I have also put myself in, because all the people above me have either not claimed, have used up their role, are vanilla, or do not have a beneficial role, and are not confirmed.  I would rather be lynched more than Mish Maw and Peace because Mish and Maw have information and Peace has the good staff and ark.

Hopefully you can give the results ASAP so I can analyze them.

Honestly how hard is it to just go to your PM and copy your results

FOS Mish

Eh, I don't think this is really a reason to FoS.  She's going to sleep right now, and just looked at this right before, probably too sleepy to do anything, or too lazy on a phone, since its harder.  

UNVOTE  

Waiting for LOLguy to say who he gave the PR to last night.

OK now we only have 2 votes on Maw.  Mish still hasn't unvoted, probably forgot, and Kronos hasn't appeared yet.

I suggest anyone else with informative roles start spilling the beans on their NA results.  Let's compile this info.

This, please.

We don't know if she did or not.

Everyone else has claimed, but Dap, since you haven't, can you at least respond to my ideas on role claiming.  The more I see, the more I actually think you are mafia.  The non response to my claiming, trying to throw suspicions on anyone else not you, putting those ready to go back for a case when necessary, using your ability to make cases as an excuse to have town keep you, if you are scum, you have played a very good game.

Not how tracker works.

And tracker can very easily be a scum role.  It helps find who the cop is for the scum team.  The fact that she is waiting to post her results could mean she is going to the QT to develop the plan.

Not how tracker works.

And tracker can very easily be a scum role.  It helps find who the cop is for the scum team.  The fact that she is waiting to post her results could mean she is going to the QT to develop the plan.

Rand..what is your role and what are the results of your actions? 

And you completely missed the good reason to FOS Mish.

Sorry I took what Maw said for granted, didn't check.  Now that I know, it might be a scum role that is meant to balance out the voyeur.  Out of 4 similar roles, those two are the polar opposites, the other opposites being watcher and follower.  And Peace, one thing that is incorrect about your quotes is that if she is actually a tracker, she wouldn't need a plan.  She can just tell the results.  If she makes something up, someone may call her out for it, so that would not be in her benefit.  

Not how tracker works.

I'm dumb. I thought trackers were my opposite number that saw people instead of actions.

What is that role called? I swear I've seen it before.

Not how tracker works.

>Rand..what is your role and what are the results of your actions? 

Sorry I took what Maw said for granted, didn't check.  Now that I know, it might be a scum role that is meant to balance out the voyeur.  Out of 4 similar roles, those two are the polar opposites, the other opposites being watcher and follower.  And Peace, one thing that is incorrect about your quotes is that if she is actually a tracker, she wouldn't need a plan.  She can just tell the results.  If she makes something up, someone may call her out for it, so that would not be in her benefit.  

Ninja'd by the answer to my question.

Not how tracker works.

Rand, if she is scum she has to take the time to line things up so that she gets the correct night actions for dead players who can't counter her action claims.  Very suspicious of you to keep defending her on this point.

Not how tracker works.

And you completely missed the good reason to FOS

Mish.

Rand, if she is scum she has to take the time to line things up so that she gets the correct night actions for dead players who can't counter her action claims.  Very suspicious of you to keep defending her on this point.

True, I forgot about dead people, information that includes dead people is much less likely to get someone lynched because the info can't be confirmed.

Who did you pick it to go to?

Excuse me?

In your night action, when you put down who you were going to send the action to, did you say Mish?

I thought that I should mention the fact that I had the ark and then had it stolen. That is all.

but why would cloud leave the ark to a town player rather than a mafia player? I can't think of any reasons

Since you people appear to be intent on speed-lynching me, I'd better give you my info. I am a Town Voyeur. I target a person each night and see what actions they have been targeted with. 

Night One: Kae was targeted with one Killing action and one Tracking action. This is why I was fishing for a tracker, as I thought we could vet each other and then act in tandem to out scum. I now believe that the tracker was Song, as I have seen no tracking actions since and no one has claimed the role. 

so the claim adds up. I went back and checked your posts though

First on complains about janitors and says you need to go back and look at darthes night posts

Second one is about popcorn

Third is about darthes scummy posts again, but asking for reasons why they were scummy

Fourth he talks about me mentioning Basel being a bit scummy for his vote on dice. Maw says it would of only been scummy if Basel had started a new train at that late hour. Not the fact that he helped move the lynch in a particular direction

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/79828-mafia-game-indiana-jones-and-the-raiders-of-the-lost-ark-day-7/?p=2821650

Fifth he says my case on Darthe was pretty solid.

Now we get to the tracker stuff here

in relation to Indy being mafia and character claims

Question: Why the hell does it matter? We could be the Cheshire Cat or the freaking Lollipop Guild as far as our characters are concerned, because WE CAN'T CHARACTER CLAIM. So why on earth are you all still trying to base lynches off characters that no one is allowed to reveal and which have no impact on the game whatsoever?

Also, len: Why are you doing the mafia's work for them? so you think Len is town if he is doing the mafias work for them

Besides the fact that he's a vig, he's still town. A dead townie is a dead townie, period. so VOTE LEN.

but you vote him

It also occurs to me that if there were a tracker or someone similar looking at Kae last night they could confirm peace's targeting.

Someone similar is also mentioned here. I read it as potentially setting up for your claim more than looking for a tracker.

Seventh ed calls him up for not going back to comment of stuff he said he would, Maw quotes that post and says he only promised darthes posts and that he did comment (hardly commented IMO but whatever)

He then talks about traps

Eighth he find the quote when Len triggered the trap and wonders if more than one can be triggered a day (at this point I was already mad that he might of done just that but he hasn't seen by post yet)

Ninth he says oops. But atleast he will prove if more than one a day is possible

Tenth he comments on darthes self vote and votes Darthe

That's everything from day 2. Only one post about trackers and it sounds more like setting up or fishing then actually looking for confirmation (they would of had to track peace to confirm anyway. Very specific)

Night Two: Lenlo was targeted with two Killing actions and one Blocking action. I at first misread the blocking action as a protect action, and erroneously reported that he had not been roleblocked. 

during night two you mention skers having day or night kills sometimes, but I didn't see a mention of trackers. You also say you support the idea of shooting Len. A guy claiming doc at the time.

Now your misinterpretation of the blocking action. Seems like you want to hide the fact that there was a RB in the game

Right day 2 posts.

Oh.

Anyone know where I can turn in my scumhunting license?

Why is it that whenever Ithi mods the entire game just kind of explodes?

awesome apology for someone that advocated shooting the doc. Atleast Ley said he sent in his action before his claim. What's your excuse?

Bloody looks like they roleblocked bloody Len.  Let Ley bloody kill him and then bloody killed dice while using the bloody janitor clean up.

I was never bloody shooting last night.

Interestingly enough, no. Ley shot him, he protected, and then someone else shot him. I know this for a fact. So yes, there's a plethora of freaking NKs in this game.

this is pretty ambiguous. The no i assume is what you are saying is you misinterpreting the block. But it reads equally that you are saying no it was the two shots and one protect thAt caused his death.

Interestingly rand calls for the shooters to come forward here

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/79828-mafia-game-indiana-jones-and-the-raiders-of-the-lost-ark-day-7/?p=2826096

No one really questioned Maws info TBH. It's really weird. Even I didn't mention it. Then roo claims and it all gets swept aside

Maw votes near the end and calls Roo the "actual cop". Nothing really in that but since I appear to me mentioning everything I posted it

And please make statements when talking to me. I can't respond well otherwise.

Um. Okay. Respond to this.

Peace is vanilla.

Peace is not vanilla.

Peace should confirm which of these is true.

If peace is vanilla, we should lynch him for info. If peace is not vanilla, we might still want to lynch him

Night 3: Roo was targeted with one Killing action. What a shock.

could be easy to fake this viewing.

Nothing interesting from Maw that night. Day starts and....

According to ed maw has 52 posts at this point in the game. Meaning there are about 10 posts from maw since and counting (over 3 days)

I can't find a post from maw for day 4. Maybe I missed it but I don't tend to miss things.

Night 4: RTE was targeted by nothing. 

during the night only one post from maw right at the last second. Apparently he was busy at school so that explains the missing posts. Scene comes right after his post

He escapes from the tomb and votes ed.

Night 5: Rand was targeted by nothing. 

Ed flips town. Eds list of mafia was WKB, Maw, and Cloud.

All maw says is "hmmmm."

Then after being called out

I would like to point out that peace did not have to be lying. He could have been mislead via mafia abils. I believe a reference to such was made earlier.

I'm interested to know what he means by this.

I find it strange that Maw didnt choose this night to view me and viewed rand instead.

Day breaks and

Maw calls out chuckles for not revealing when he could. Turns out it was just an auto correct error

Next post Maw says he can't get a read on anyone

Then he hammers cloud for being the scummier of the two in his view.

Night 6: Dap was targeted by one Busdriver action and one PR Generator action. The PR generator on Dap interests me, because it means that either two PR generator actions were used or it was bussed away to someone else.

ok well I'm confused why you think there might be two PR generators. If its cos of the one in front of it, there is also a one in front of the bus driver ability.

Still you say you got the ark. Then 24 hours later you come to explain with your role claim.

24 hours is a long time (this is the explanation post)

Like I said I've had no PM so I don't have the PR

Wow, actually this gives us a lot of information, and there is no way you could have known about the PR, so lets ask Lolguy.  

they could both be mafia. I had thought chuckles was mafia and was planning to case him today

Also, mafia voyeur wouldn't make too much sense, because usually voyeur is useful for seeing what kind of kills or so on were used on a player.  

could be a fake claim

Also I def see the tracker and voyeur combo possibility.  Anyways, there are a lot of interesting things in here.  FIrst of all, there were two kills on Len.  Two explanations here, since no one claimed, it has to be anti town.  That either means that mafia got some form of an instakill, a devious tactic by Ithi in a game like this if that occurred, or there is some sort of third party out there.

it's possible the mafia had a kill, it's also possible there is a limited shot SKer.

Neither are likely thought, but I guess they are all that really fits

So just to clarify 2 kills on night 1 (but 3 shots because Ed fired on Darthe and he lost his BPV) 2 kills on night 2 (but 3 shots fired because two on Len) 2 kills on night 3 1 kill on night 4 1 kill on night 5 1 kill on night 6 We know that Ley was one of the people to shoot Len on night 2.  We know that Ed fired on Darthe on night 1.  We know that WBK fired on Ed and had it redirected (supposedly) to Arez on night 3.  And one shot per night for mafia.  This leaves us 2 unconfirmed shots, 1 on night 1 and another on night 2.  From my memory, I don't remember any other 1-shot vigs.  Therefore, there are 2 shots in the open right now, and WBKs which we cannot decide on yet.  If you notice, this adds up to 3, a perfectly common "x-shot" number, for example a 3-shot SK, or perhaps the more unlikely 3 instakills given to a mafia team.  So I think that WBK might be an SK with 3 shots.

I'm more inclined to think mafia with instant kill. He used his shot to get town cred and named ed innocent. As a SKer that's a big gamble. As mafia it's more likely

The problem with this theory is that he wouldn't know that Ed was town, so he would still have the actual town redirector shot, which could be slightly useful.  Or what I think is a much more likely theory, that there was a 2-shot SK or a 3-shot SK out there that either has used all his shots or is saving one for the end of the game (respectively).

I'm more inclined to say mafia. This post is a bit fearmongering like but not too bad

then the mafia team was given one instakill, and then with the busdriver role that was discovered, WBK could have shot Ed and then the bus driver could have redirected it, and then in case there were any voyeurs or so on, it would look real. what do you mean the mafia was given an Instakill, and why would they bother redirecting? It's unlikely they knew of the voyager claim or the tracker claim (unless song was indeed one of those)

But if song was one they would of been doing it after she was dead and not knowing about the other claim. Seems a bit far fetched and random to be doing

However, the problem with that theory is that is the voyeur would see the busdriver role in their mod message and would immediately get suspicious. and the rest if what I said. Also roo wasnt dead yet was he? They would of been using the bus driver to try hide mafia  Anyways, at least this tells us the likely existence of a third party because I think that it is highly unlikely that there are 3 1-shot vigs uncounted for, or that mafia got 3 instakills were given to the mafia.  Oh wait, I forgot, Peace was a 1-shot vig wasn't he?  That accounts for another shot, and I think he shot night 1.  This gives us an unconfirmed shot on night 2, and WBK's shot explanation on night 3. This changes things a lot, sorry about the above, don't want to delete it though since it is still useful. for suggesting there is a SK and something to be scared of

Now when we look at this, we see only one unconfirmed shot.  Now if we assume that WBK is town, then we either have another 1-shot vig, a mafia instakill, or some sort of x-shot third party (which would also be possible with WBK as mafia).  If WBK is mafia, then mafia has to have two instakills, or one instakill and an x-shot.  Its fairly common to have a 1-shot SK, however this is usually used near the end of the game so that the SK can use it when he/she really needs to and get rid of someone. you seem to have forgotten your thoughts a paragraph ago that a SK might not of wanted to shoot yet

So if there is an SK, I would say it is someone that doesn't know how to use a 1-shot SK, and therefore would probably be someone newer to the game (no offense, just stating what I'm thinking about).   or someone who does know how to use it and is saving their kills. I'm still more inclined to go with mafia instakill though

So again, lets assume 6 antitown in the general 1 to 4 ratio of anti town to total players, we see 3 scum, 2 of them symps dead.  Very possible to have 2 more scum and one third party, which is what I think unless we have another 1-shot vig.

I don't get the feeling we have a third party unless you want to claim it?

If we do have another 1-shot vig, then I think its 2 more scum.  So then we can probably assume 2 scum, which means that we have 9 people alive, and scum needs 4 alive and none of themselves dead to win.  This means that if we lynch wrong today, and they kill 1 person (general rate at this point), we will have 2 mislynches possible until we have to lynch 2 mafia. look at you, slowly making it seems like we have more lynches so no one should be that worried about a mislynch

I think we have today and tomorrow if we don't hit mafia today

So this is currently our list of players and what we know about them right now.

1. Chuckles - Compulsive PR giver - unsure about role, but leaning town because mafia probably wouldn't claim that mafia probably wouldn't but then again maybe he thought it would get him town cred by revealing "as soon as he could"

2. Cyan - Know absolutely nothing about role she has been rather quiet recently

3. John Snow - Know absolutely nothing about role I agree Hally was slack, but snow needs some time to catch up. It's a long long thread (I just went though it I know)

4. Player - Know absolutely nothing about role I don't like revealing unless I have to

5. WBK - Claims 1-shot vig who's shot wouldn't hit a town the first time, suspicious rather suspicious

6. Peace - 1-shot vig, had the fake staff, now has the real one as well as the ark, practically confirmed town pretty much

7. Maw - Claims town voyeur, most likely telling the truth I'm currently neutral on this. Without that claim he would be mafia in my book, I say we leave him alive and see what he says happened tomorrow

8. Mish - Claims used to have staff, didn't know it was fake or real neither confirms or denies her but now claims tracker and has yet to post night result

9. Rand - I know absolutely everything about my role. :wink:  Or did I claim and forget about it.... :huh: 

Anyways, here is the list that is left that I think I would be willing to lynch today, just based off of role information or lack thereof

1. Cyan

2. John Snow

3. Player (hopefully not, he makes good cases :tongue:) it takes me bloody long enough

4. WBK As you can see, we have a fairly short list of initial thoughts, and if this list is all anti town, then we can easily afford just going down the list.  However, I would like not to take any risks if possible, so I am still going to look at their play and what to do.  Anyways, if Player is mafia, then he has pulled some insane gambits which I don't think is honestly realistic.  Also, I think that if Hallia was mafia, teammates like Ishy and Talya would have given her a lot more game info to put on the thread, yet since she hasn't been doing that, I honestly think she is town without any more information than the rest of us.   interesting that you say that. Your really helpful posts seem to if arisen after Ishy was dead....

Food for thought So I am looking a lot more at Cyan and WBK.  WBK is risky because of his claim, but it is very iffy, so not sure. Ishy kinda fished around to make sure another Vig was a viable claim and using it on ed was very convinient

Cyan I have honestly no idea on, and just have gotten her through process of elimination, so those are my top 2 possible votes right now.  If both of them are antitown, I am currently thinking WBK as third party and Cyan as mafia, and then we have the last mafia left.  Honestly, that might be Player and he's just been twisting us around his little pinky this entire time. :P 

you give me too much credit, but my ego enjoyed that

Out of the rest of the claims the importance I put from least likely to be town to most likely are

1. Mish yet she claims and you seem to 180 on her

2. Chuckles yup

3. Maw middle is a good place for him

4. Peace  I'm surprised he wasn't NKed already. He's the only confirmed town we have right now

Obviously, fmpov, I am town.  

Anyways, thats my analysis on Maw's second night results. Also on night 1, it could have been Dice as well, and if anyone is tracker, if you could out yourself, because right now it is important to know all you know before you accidentally get killed, and we have more confirmed town.    well you successfully got Mish to claim

Finally night 6, Dap gets targeted by a bus driver and another person.  Now there is a lot of analysis to look at this as well.  First of all, lets assume Dap is town.  If he was town, (and mafia is busdriver) and we know that we have no more cop, mafia's incentive to redirect from Dap to someone else would be either to confuse town and go random, or to busdrive to another mafia (which for any of the roles that we have would be pretty useless), or to redirect anything that happens to Dap to another townie.  I don't get the point of this too much.

I wonder if the bus driver effects the ark or staves

However, if Dap was mafia, teammates would busdrive him to get actions off of him, and then put them on someone who's town.  

However, Dap could be that town, and someone else could be the mafia, so that doesn't actually prove too much.  This night the only actions that the mafia were sure of was staffs looking at who has the ark, because they didn't know about voyeur at all, so to mess up results with the staff being used, one end of the busdriving had to be involved with the person who had the ark (who was mafia).  So basically, there is a 50% chance that Dap had the ark and was mafia as well. could it be they bus drove maw onto me to deter staff viewings. It was before Peace said he had the staff and ark I think

Just something to remember, that if we are ever lynching out of pure probability, Dap is pretty suspicious. 

I'm always suspicious or dead

Also Mish the reason I was asking for who had the ark was exactly that.  If no one answered, then we would know that mafia had it.  But why would mafia steal it from themselves.   can the ark be moved without death or stealing? If not maybe they wanted it to change handsThat would make Maw most likely town.  I wasn't just doing it to figure out who had it.  :smile: So since this is a really long post... tl;dr - there is no tl;dr, read the whole thing. :tongue:  Honestly, if you do, hopefully you'll figure out something in the logic that I didn't, so read through the whole thing.  

Oh and for all of you people that have phones that are destroyed by large posts, sorry!!!!!! And this is probably the longest post I've made in mafia without using a bunch of quotes. Also, who has the PR right now?  Also everyone post with a role claim, I think its time to mass role claim.

I hate mass claims

Remember to not claim character!!!  I may have already said this, but I am vanilla town. you hid this well, no one but me saw it i think. Did you want me to say anything specific on it?

I think I did now that I think about it, when we were having the first discussion about good guys and bad guys in our roles.   I think I've gone over everything so far, so yeah.

btw your quote failed cos you had two end quote tags at the end. Just check it next time in code form

The lack of a ninja hammer is something to noteRand ill get to this soon. Just subbed in another game so I've got a catch up read to do there first

I'm surprised Dap, you should know that this isn't scummy at all.

if maw is telling the truth a mafia team would ninja to get that role gone. Sacrifice one mafia for a voyager is possible and they would possibly talk their way out of it if they killed me

If a mafia ninja hammered right now, and since we are almost sure this is not LyLo, they would almost certainly be lynched tomorrow for hammering a claimed voyeur with full information given.  Possible attempt to throw suspicion on those that are not you?   

just saying that the ol' whoops I hadn't read the thread yet or didnt see the ark, would of been a sight I would of expected to see. It just eases my nerves when people aren't left at L-1 when claiming

OK thats useful. no it wasnt. She didnt tell you anything. She said she was tracker. Something maw set up and told us was in the game. She also didnt reveal who she tracked and gave herself 24hours to come up with a list if actions

This is actually narrowing down my list a lot.  Updated list would be  

1. Cyan

2. WBK

3. John Snow

4. Player (hopefully not, he makes good cases   :tongue:

5. Chuckles

6. Rand

7. Mish

8. Maw

9. Peace 

As you can see, I have also put myself in, because all the people above me have either not claimed, have used up their role, are vanilla, or do not have a beneficial role, and are not confirmed.  I would rather be lynched more than Mish Maw and Peace because Mish and Maw have information and Peace has the good staff and ark. Hopefully you can give the results ASAP so I can analyze them.   I don't get this. Why would you rather be lynched over two possible fakers. If you know you are town we are too close to end game for lynch me instead type plays. No lynch is better than that even

Honestly how hard is it to just go to your PM and copy your resultsFOS Mish

Eh, I don't think this is really a reason to FoS.  

yea it is

She's going to sleep right now, and just looked at this right before, probably too sleepy to do anything, or too lazy on a phone, since its harder.   then don't claim. Claiming saves her for some time from suspicion while she can come up with results if she is faking. It's a scummy thing to do   

UNVOTE    Waiting for LOLguy to say who he gave the PR to last night.

OK now we only have 2 votes on Maw.  Mish still hasn't unvoted, probably forgot, and Kronos hasn't appeared yet.   nice little defence of sleepy Mish. Probably forgot to unvote, but remembered to come read enough of the thread to claim 

I suggest anyone else with informative roles start spilling the beans on their NA results.  Let's compile this info.

This, please.   

We don't know if she did or not.

I thought a tracker would see who roo targeted not who targeted Roo

Everyone else has claimed, but Dap, since you haven't, can you at least respond to my ideas on role claiming.  The more I see, the more I actually think you are mafia.   I don't like mass claims. I'd rather not

The non response to my claiming, trying to throw suspicions on anyone else not you, putting those ready to go back for a case when necessary, using your ability to make cases as an excuse to have town keep you, if you are scum, you have played a very good game.

thank you. I'd like to think I've played a good game as town as well

Archived