DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What will the World be like in the next Age?

stoneface

Hey, I've read the guiness book, and I'm pretty sure that the world record for the longest telepathic conversation with a wolf was held by Burgess J. Longleton of St. Cloud Minnesota in 1857. The topic of discussion was whether people would have really strong teeth and be able to shoot electricity from their eyes in the future. :twisted:

Did I not mention strong teeth and ability to generate electricity from the body?

And really, if you don't know there are people like that...................

Exactly. Thor, the things you're describing are Stupid Human Tricks, not supernatural powers. The people who got slaughtered in the Middle Ages got consistently killed because people like you thought they had wierd powers, not because they actually did.

Define supernatural.

I think generating electricity from your body is quite supernatural enough.

Can you generate electricity from your body?

And you have the audacity to just call them "stupid human tricks"? I'm beginning to see your character. :twisted:

So. Whilst I am finding certain people's inability to compromise (Thor!) despite an overwhelming supply of facts (not just on this thread, but a multitude of others), from those who take the time to do a little research and referencing rather irksome, I thought I'd stick this link here.

http://www.wsu.edu/DrUniverse/body.html

It's a lovely little Q&A about the (HA!) supernatural ability to produce electricity in the human body. It's even written it simple english for those of us who have trouble understanding what is plainly written in front of our faces. If we read it right to the end, which no doubt some of us will struggle with, it even says how much electricity is produced. :shock:

And you have the audacity to just call them "stupid human tricks"? I'm beginning to see your character.

I love the way you avoided that, you know you are wrong.

Yes, and so can you. Every human body has an electrical charge in it, and electricity is not supernatural. You just don't know science.

Where did I say that I can? In fact, I said I can't, you accuse me? Hah. You don't even know where I am.

And to Foxy_Sox, that is what a normal human does. I'm trying to find the guy who generates much much more than that, can't remember his name so it will take a while. I'll get back to you.

And you have the audacity to just call them "stupid human tricks"? I'm beginning to see your character.

The title "Stupid Human Tricks" comes from the David Letterman show, which has people come on and do pointless things that look amazing. (Like light a Christmas tree with their teeth). I didn't make it up.

Where did I say that I can?

YOU didn't say that you can. I said that you can. Everybody can. Every single human body has an electric current in it. Are you sure you can read?

It's okay foxy you eventually learn to read Thor's posts like you would watch a comedy movie. Eventually they don't get to you anymore, you laugh and the shred them to pieces. Though it usually doe no good.

Guest Wynne Jessal
Where did I say that I can?

YOU didn't say that you can. I said that you can. Everybody can. Every single human body has an electric current in it. Are you sure you can read?

Oh my. :shock:

This was like the time that everyone said the Oath Rod causes agelessness' date=' and he countered with many examples of people who never swore on the OR and who looked old or young.

Thor, you could make a White sister pull her hair out.[/color']

Well, in one of the books, not sure which one right now, one of the wondergirls thinks to herself that someone is beginning to acquire the ageless look. And I am positive she was not AS. I think it was one of the Kin. I will find the quote later and post as a new thread when I find it.

I think it was one of the Kin. I will find the quote later and post as a new thread when I find it.

I think you're wrong. Nynaeve thinks alot about slowing when she meets the Kin, and thats when Elayne starts to figure out that the Oath Rod causes the ageless look, and they both figure out that it cuts down on their life expectancy, but nobody who is not Aes Sedai gets the ageless look.

I challenge you to find even one instance of it in the books. You'll have to quote it, Book and Chapter. (Just a hint, so I can say I told you so. You won't find it.)

Guest Wynne Jessal
Didn't we already discuss in arnother thread? Agelessness is definitely due to the oath rods.

Seriously. You do this as a joke right? I know it must be a joke. If it is' date=' it's pretty funny.[/color']

I think it was one of the Kin. I will find the quote later and post as a new thread when I find it.

I think you're wrong. Nynaeve thinks alot about slowing when she meets the Kin' date=' and thats when Elayne starts to figure out that the Oath Rod causes the ageless look, and they both figure out that it cuts down on their life expectancy, but nobody who is not Aes Sedai gets the ageless look.

I challenge you to find even one instance of it in the books. You'll have to quote it, Book and Chapter. (Just a hint, so I can say I told you so. You won't find it.)[/quote']

Robert, I will find it in the next few days.

I think your dealings with Thor have gotten you a little too cocksure. :D not that it's undeserved.

Archived